FAR TOO MANY NERFS

You might like scarab bombs. they're just normal bombs + one fossil each, and you can get fossils much easier now. they mine straight useable hallways, so you can get to new caves and ores super fast.

Yep, I've used them, and I love them.

I didn't know you could craft them though.

Multiplayer does exist and new players can join hardmode worlds. If anything, skips should exist for this reason only, and reaver shark would fit in hardmode perfectly.
This is a great idea! I agree that the reaver shark in it's current state is little more than a curiosity and has no use in the game at all. The gold/platinum pickaxes are almost as good (55% for gold, 59% for platinum and shark), and I normally get them within the first few hours of starting a new world. Buffing the reaver shark to it's original strength and limiting to a hardmode-only drop would give it some use, if only in multiplayer.

I'm not sure what the use of it would be. That sounds extremely niche to me. I mean, how many people join a hardmode world with a completely new character and how many players in multiplayer won't get some basic gear from the other players? And if you do go into a hardmode world with a new character, hellstone can be destroyed by bombs and dynamite, so molten gear is available even to new players, even if the lava makes it somewhat risky to mine.

It really doesn't need to be pushed that far back in progression to justify returning to its original pickaxe power. Just make it post EoW/BoC and it won't really skip anything.

That aside, the gold/platinum pickaxes are actually better than the current Reaver Shark due to their faster tool speed.

I'm not sure what the use of it would be. That sounds extremely niche to me. I mean, how many people join a hardmode world with a completely new character and how many players in multiplayer won't get some basic gear from the other players? And if you do go into a hardmode world with a new character, hellstone can be destroyed by bombs and dynamite, so molten gear is available even to new players, even if the lava makes it somewhat risky to mine.

It really doesn't need to be pushed that far back in progression to justify returning to its original pickaxe power. Just make it post EoW/BoC and it won't really skip anything.

That aside, the gold/platinum pickaxes are actually better than the current Reaver Shark due to their faster tool speed.

There are plenty of public servers like this. They are in hardmode because other people have played in them before, and people might join with new characters.

Besides, it can't be more niche than what we have currently; I can't think of a single use for it now.

Always fun having someone making a discussion and simply ignoring or disregarding arguments which don't boast his opinion. That's not a discussion, it's a whine thread.

No, never finished pre-hardmode. I am just too bad, so all I do is hoard Hellstone bars with my Molten Pickaxe and defeat EoC over and over again.
No, seriously, why are such topics always made by hypocrites? "I dislike people for forcing their opinion on me yet I force my opinion as the best and most right one out of the 250K of people who play the game right now" You might not value pre-hm. A lot of people certainly do.

This is called hypocrisy on a high level.

Bro you are missing out on like half the game

Back
Top Bottom