Texture Pack The Kobold Emporium (Races, pets, mounts, furniture, and more!)

Copious Kobold

Steampunker
Due to errors with Terraria, Steam, and a complete lack of support from both, I can no longer create texture packs. Do not ask for fixes. I literally cannot provide them.

My packs can be found on Steam, or in the organized collections below.

buffer.png

steam.pngsteam icon zelda.pngicon_gif.gif
The following packs contain major changes to parts of the game, or have content spread across multiple categories.

Kobold Invasion
steam.png
Goblins are so 2nd edition. Swap them out for D&D's adorable, lovable, and completely incompetent dragon-worshipers.
This is the pack that put me on the map; and with almost 40,000 downloads, 3 community-submitted translations, 6 community-submitted compatibility patches and a "Developer's Choice" award on Steam, it's still my most popular pack to date.

Breath of the Tiled
steam icon zelda.png

My first crossover pack--with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the WIld--started as a simple cell phone replacement, then ballooned at viewers' requests into replacing a number of items and even replacing the Lunar Towers with Shiekah Towers, my largest Terraria sprite to date.

tower.pngsteam zelda.pngheart.gif
Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Breath of the Tiled.zip

Journey Mini-Pack
icon_gif.gif
My second crossover pack, and a collab with my first internet friend MagmaticMachine. Journey by ThatGameCompany is my favorite game ever, so when she stopped working on this pack, I had to finish it.

buffer.png

gems_icon.gifdesk dragon.gifretro.png
Coin Piles have Gems
gems_icon.gif
Put some Bourgeois in your bling!
A small pack, replacing only 2 items. I'd seen packs replacing coins with gems before, but none of their furniture sprites quite appealed to me. This one, instead of replacing all coins with gems (resulting in apparent piles of candy everywhere), simply peppers gold and platinum coin piles with a mixture of emeralds, rubies, sapphires, and amethysts.

sdsdf.png

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Coin Pile Gems.zip

Desk Dragon
desk dragon.gif
Cats are overrated. The new hotness is a baby dragon lounging on your desk.
Replaces caged frogs and gold caged frogs with tiny dragons, as well as the rest of the frog critter crafting tree. Comes in 2 versions:

Classic--Red with a yellow belly and green eyes
Painterly--Uncolored belly and eyes, making it more receptive to painting
desk dragon - Copy.gifaab.pngCapture 2021-08-29 10_27_03.pngaaad.pngsteamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpegsd.jpeg

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Desk Dragon.zip
View attachment Desk Dragon (Painterly).zip

Mid-Century Modern Pearlwood
retro.png
Travel back to the age of lava lamps and hair picks and give your boring old pearlwood some Mojo!
Resprites all pearlwood furniture to be retro

buffer.png

avian.gifsdf.gifgif_freyaa.gifstylized.gif
I'm nor a furry, I swear.
These texture packs all modify the same set of textures, and as such are not compatible with one another. Maybe someone with modding experience will make an addon for Mr. Plague's Race Mod once Tmodloader 1.4 gets out of beta.

Avian
avian.gif
The Bird is the Word!
Could be in the Starbound sense, but also compatible with Aarakocra, Kenku, Tengu, Rito, Arokka, Hissho, or whatever other fantasy bird people you subscribe to.
workshop.png

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Avian Player Skin.zip

Draconic and Reptilian
sdf.gif
Do you desire power? Riches? The ability to fly over cities and reduce them to cinders in minutes?
This won't give you that. But it WILL make you look like a tiny lizard.
The third iteration of my reptilian player redux includes 20 custom horned and frilled hairstyles for lovers of dragons and kobolds, but also covers snakes, turtles, tortoises, and even a pair of giant ears for you Chris Zito fans out there.

Burmecian and Ratfolk
gif_freyaa.gif
To be forgotten is worse than death.--Freya Crescent
I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about Final Fantasy, but what I do know is that I do know is that FFIX's Burmecians are adorable. To that end, I've made this small pack that changes the player into one of the game's fashionable, lovable rat-people.
Capture 2021-12-09 06_51_38.pngCapture 2021-12-09 11_15_04.png

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Burmecian Player Skin.zip
Completely by accident, I discovered that the developer vanity Yoraizor's Scowl has an unused feature: If the texture is a color other than black, it actually matches the player's skin tone! With this discovery, I decided to take some choice selections from my previous player race packs and turn them into multiplayer-compatible vanity items.

Like the previous section, these items are not compatible with one another, as Yoraizor's Scowl is the only item I know of that has skin color functionality and layers correctly with the player's sprite.

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
turtle.pngView attachment Turtle Vanity.zip
stylized.pngView attachment Stylized Kobold Vanity.zip
lizard aquatic.pngView attachment Aquatic Lizard Vanity.zip
dragon horned.pngView attachment Horned Dragon Vanity.zip
kobold frilled.pngView attachment Frilled Kobold Vanity.zip
dragon frilled.pngView attachment Frilled Dragon Vanity.zip
kobold horned.pngView attachment Horned Kobold Vanity.zip
avian.pngView attachment Avian Vanity.zip
burmecian.pngView attachment Burmecian Vanity.zip

buffer.png

pumped up kicks 3b.gifpumped up kicks 2b.gifpumped up kicks 1b.gif
Motorcycles
pumped up kicks 3b.gifpumped up kicks 2b.gifpumped up kicks 1b.gif
Let's ride.
That flaming goat you're riding? Bony and hot. That unicorn? bumpy. The basilisk? Don't get me started about this backspine up my butt. Stay ahead and save your behind with Kobold Brand motorcycles--All the badassery of your favorite mount with the buttery-smooth feel of a spring-balanced memory foam seat.

buffer.png

steam.giff1.gifm1.gif
Noodle the Clockwork Dragon
steam.gif
Straight from the artificer's forge, this flying construct will not only keep you company and do your chores, he'll blast your enemies with gouts of hot flame! Simply attune to the glowing green capsule and he'll appear out of the aether to do whatever you wish.
Disclaimer: Despite our best efforts, all our constructs are fully sentient and free-willed. The Kobold Emporium is not responsible if the construct refuses to do chores, implies vulgarities with its rear port, or fires flames in the user's direction.
Based on my favorite piece of character art I've ever done, Noodle comes in four varieties to replace various pets or the Imp summon.
steamimp.gifNoodleFin2.gifbutt.png

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Noodle (Replaces Baby Harpy).zip
View attachment Noodle (Replaces Cute Fishron).zip
View attachment Noodle (Replaces Itsy Betsy).zip
View attachment Noodle (Replaces Imp Minion).zip

Kobold Companions
f1.gifm1.gif
It's common knowledge that Kobolds make easy slaves. They're weak when alone, strongly prefer survival over defiance, and are extremely hard-working in groups. These two, though, are different. You can see it in their eyes. In one, a warm glow of optimism. The other, the strong determination of defiance against the odds. You don't know why they've chosen to follow you, but one thing is obvious: you've made quite an impression.
Item_3060.png20210711172722_1.jpgkobold pet fly f.gifkobold pet fly.gifKobold Pet Stand 512 F.pngKobold Pet Stand 512.png

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Kobold Tinker.zip
View attachment Kobold Sorceress.zip

buffer.png

inventory icon steam.pngexpandsearch.gifsqueezebox icon steam.gif
Transparent Inventory
inventory icon steam.png
A simple pack that makes unfavorited inventory slots more transparent. Favorited slots stay opaque for readability reasons.
inventory.png

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Transparent Inventory.zip

Search Helper
expandsearch.gif
A language pack that modifies the names and descriptions of hundreds of items to make them easier to find. A full list of items can be found on the Steam page.
searchterms.gif

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Search Helper.zip

Harp to Squeezebox
squeezebox icon steam.gif
What could possibly be more annoying than all your friends playing random harp notes?
How about all your friends playing concertinas?

Whether it's an accordion, a concertina, or an organ grinder, the reed squeezebox is a divisive instrument. On one hand, it's the sound of love, a good coffee, or a swashbuckling good time on the high seas. On the other hand, one can't hear a jaunty tune on one without calling to mind images of leiderhosen, trained monkeys, Weird Al, and that one meme with the Russian army.
So, whether you're setting up a French cafe, Plundering a pirate town, or just in love with Kass from Breath of the Wild, let this instrument be the centerpiece of your loadout.
squeezebox steam 2.pngsqueezebox_screenshot.png

Download from Steam:

Download from here:
View attachment Harp to Squeezebox.zip
Unfortunately, I cannot rightly give downloads for these, as most of them were made by other people or contain other artists' work. However, every patch made by one of my fans has been linked to its respective item on Steam as a required download. (They're not actually required if you don't own both packs; it's just a handy place to put them.)

Last edited:
That's a nope on the travel medallion. The base mirror sprite is too small and the travel medallion too detailed; it just ends up being a big blue square.

That's a nope on the travel medallion. The base mirror sprite is too small and the travel medallion too detailed; it just ends up being a big blue square.

I just tried messing with it and yeah, I really can't form the shape very well. Maybe I'll just see if I can replace the game's texture with a bigger one, as it's an item rather than a tile.

If you can get that working, that would be great. I tried making a texture bigger once and the game just didn't accept it.

If you can get that working, that would be great. I tried making a texture bigger once and the game just didn't accept it.

Well, if you put textures of a different resolution in a texture pack, the game will always refuse to accept them. If you replace the game's .xnb files directly, it will pretty much always work. It's actually how I got the Tomes Rewritten pack to work before someone fixed the issue! :dryadhappy:

The item ID for the Magic Mirror is 50 if you want to mess around with it yourself, I'd personally recommend using xnbcli to extract/recompile the .xnb file. If you need help with the compiling part, you can always send it to me and I'll try and compile it myself. Go crazy with the texture if you want!

I'd rather keep my texture packs as easy for people to use as possible.

And yes, I'm aware that replaxing the xnbs isn't that hard if you know how.

where can i get these botw texture packs. i have found my heaven. is the place where u r in the picture the dungeon? cuz it looks like it is a texture pack of the dungeon thats supposed to look like the shrine of resurection

where can i get these botw texture packs.

You get it right here, silly. This is the texture packs forum. You come here to get texture packs.

is the place where u r in the picture the dungeon?

It's not a texture pack. It's a little vignette I made of Iron Bricks, which is a new block in Journey's End. The torches are Boreal Wood, and the runes are from the Travelling Merchant.

Are these your own designs (conceptually) as well? They're fantastic!

Would love to see more content like this from you in the future. :)

While I like the 1.4 re-sprites, this is a nice change of pace without being out-of-place for Terraria.

Good work.
Agreed -- these fit in Terraria perfectly, both in terms of concept and art style.

Back
Top Bottom