Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Yes, I realise this is in the frequently reported bugs list, however the solution doesn't work.

Context and reproduction:
Using this texture pack (haven't tested with others), Terraria crashes on load after it is enabled.

To reproduce: Load Terraria, load texture pack, close Terraria, start Terraria.

What have I tried:
And apparently since Windows XP, removing read-only on folders is not possible.

Here's the errors in the thread itself: Enhanced version of the textures of Terraria 1.3.0.8

Error:

From my understanding, Terraria can't read zip files properly, so if it tries to load one it crashes.

You have to unzip the texture pack in the ResourcePacks folder and then remove the zip file.

From my understanding, Terraria can't read zip files properly, so if it tries to load one it crashes.

You have to unzip the texture pack in the ResourcePacks folder and then remove the zip file.
Thanks bro! That worked for me.

Im having a similar problem, except I'm using a music pack that does nothing to the textures. the game starts up fine the first time. but after exiting the game and relaunching, I'm met with a black screen. if the music pack is installed ill hear laggy music, if it isn't than it'll play the default music perfectly, but with a black screen. restarting my PC seems to fix it, but only on the first launch, subsequent launches will result in the same black screen.

So far ive tried verifying the files, reinstalling the game, uninstalling the music pack, deleting the .json files, and running terraria as administrator. as i said before, restarting my PC is a temporary fix, but i can't have an issue like this if I'm planning to post the music pack publicly.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom