Full Steam Ahead! tModLoader to Launch as Free DLC for Terraria with Journey's End!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I trying to load my copied characters from Journey's End version, tMod says "1.4 players are not supported" :( [PC, Steam platform]
I was thinking to create a new one, and just edit save file to re-create exact copy of my 1.4 character, and the same with the map (world).
However, it will takes a while, and unfortunately I don't have so much time for experiments. I have no choice other than wait :(
Thank you anyway, guys, very good mod launcher, I am glad that it been added on Steam.
Hopefully we all can get tMod Loader 1.4 soon... fingers crossed.

When I trying to load my copied characters from Journey's End version, tMod says "1.4 players are not supported" :( [PC, Steam platform]
I was thinking to create a new one, and just edit save file to re-create exact copy of my 1.4 character, and the same with the map (world).
However, it will takes a while, and unfortunately I don't have so much time for experiments. I have no choice other than wait :(
Thank you anyway, guys, very good mod launcher, I am glad that it been added on Steam.
Hopefully we all can get tMod Loader 1.4 soon... fingers crossed.

My fingers are
and i feel ya

Can somebody make a Final Fantasy VII Remake mode with Cloud, Barret, Tifa, and Aerith armors. And weapons like the Buster Sword, Gatling Gun, Leather Gloves, Aerith's staffs and all the other weapons they can wield. How about a special Limit ability based on the weapon they are using. Cloud = Melee Barret = Ranged Tifa = Melee Speed Aerith = magic Please somebody make this mod. P.S. Don't forget materia

I've just installed it, do I have to open the game through the TMod app?

I want to build on my map using Cheat Sheet, but it's not showing my character/world. And if I open the main game, TMod isn't showing on the menu.

Any ideas?

You have to open TML as a separate app in Steam. As it is not 1.4-compatible... and it makes keeping modded vs non-modded saves MUCH more clean and separate than prior manual methods. :)

Does that mean I won't be able to use Cheat Sheet on my current maps?
Please see my response from another thread. I think it's relevant to you.

Modded and unmodded (vanilla) Terraria stores save data in different locations:
Vanilla: \Documents\My Games\Terraria
Modded: \Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader

E.g. there's a folder in \Documents\My Games\Terraria with the name "ModLoader", which contains modded player/world saves as well as TML specific data. This folder needs to have the same structure as the Vanilla folder. World saves (.wld) goes into the Worlds folder while Player saves (.plr) goes into the "Players" folder. For each .plr file there's a corresponding folder with same name that contains .map files. These are used to store information about how much of a world you have explored.

I don't know how it was with older versions of TML, but the current version doesn't store anything mod specific in the regular save files (.plr, .wld). Mod specific information is instead stored in a separate file with the same name but a different extension (.tplr, .twld).

So it's possible to move unmodded players/worlds into the folder used by TML and then play for a bit, then afterwards you can move it back to the vanilla location if you want to (though you will lose modded information). Do note that this only works as long as both Vanilla and TML is on the same version content wise. Currently Vanilla is on 1.4.0.5 while TML is on 1.3.5.3, so at the moment it isn't possible to move a player/world from Vanilla to TML. Once TML updates to 1.4 it should work though.

BEFORE doing anything, make a backup. You can either copy the entire /Terraria folder to a different location, or use an Archiever app. Personally I like 7-Zip, but there are many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom