THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't kill anyone to just answer it....

1) Usetime. The number of frames between when a weapon can be used. The Minishark has a Usetime of 8, so that means every 8 frames, it will fire a bullet. Terraria operates at 60 frames per second, so this means that it is ever so slightly slower than ten bullets per second (60 divided by 8 = 8.5, so you will get 8.5 bullets from it every second. Since you can't fire half a bullet, you can add another second on to that to get a whole number, so you'd have 17 bullets every 120 frames, or 17 bullets every two seconds.

2) UseAnimation: How fast an animation plays. Usually the same as usetime for melee weapons. A sword with a usetime/useanimation of 20 can be swung every 20 frames, or three times per second.

3) Shootspeed controls how many times a weapon fires during its useanimation. A Shotgun has a long useanimation (I don't know the specific number so lets call it 30 for the sake of explanation.) A usetime and useanimation will often be the same, to keep weapons like guns operating properly. So assume as Shotgun has both a usetime and shootspeed of 30. You can fire this gun twice per second. But Shootspeed controls the refire rate of a gun. So if you edited the shotgun's shootspeed to 15, the animation still plays for 30 frames. Sop you would actually end up with two shots from every use of the shotgun. a shootspeed of 10 would make it fire three times every time you clicked, while only playing the animation and sound once.

So if you gave it a shootspeed of 3, it would fire ten times per use, basically turning it into a fire hose at that point.

Editing these values independently of each other can make weapons do pretty stupid (and cool) things.
Thank you so much~

Question: Is there a possibility that TT could (intentionally) affect world gen? I can see a lot of really interesting tweaks related to biomes, choosing ore types, size of trees, forcing pyramid, etc.

Bug: The sentry (aka turret tweak) is not working on Old One Army Event. Outside the event is good

Also, a suggestion, add this info into infinity ammo: unlimited amount of bait. I just discover Inf ammo make fishing doesn't cost any bait too

When I download this file, Windows Defender says that it is harmful, and deletes this. I told it to keep the file, and put it through VirusTotal and one of the engines detected it as containing the virus "HW32.Packed." which is a PUP, or a Potentially Unwanted Program.

Link to the Detection from VirusTotal
i dont want to use this tool if it is detected by both windows defender and virustotal.

I am on the latest Windows Defender malware definitions and it doesn't pick it up for me.

Now surely, you could inspect the executable statically in a million manners and also during runtime and definitively figure out if it's really malicious (there's some free/paid automated online tools for this as well)... or you could just not use it, to which you have every right. Like you said.

Either way you go, though, ideally you would not have to raise alarms where they are not warranted.

I'm pretty sure those programs pick it up as suspicious because it edits .exe files, which is always a red flag to said programs. Imo there's nothing to worry about, those programs are just overly cautious (which is a good thing), and it's just your own judgement whether you trust certain downloads or not.

I know that word gen is a completely new and different world (pun intended) from what TT does now, but for damn sure that would open endless possibilities.

And I totally agree on starting with smaller things.

Awesome, thanks!

I was using the popular-ish Metro skin for Steam (not sure if it's related), and a couple of days ago, once Steam started on Windows boot, it just prompted me to relog with my creds.
Red flag for it to happen all of a sudden, but I pressed on.

Signed in, no red alerts in my e-mail or anything, even to this day, and everything was, and is, okay... everything except all Steam client, and per-game, settings had been flushed (settings like "Steam Overlay enabled/disabled" for each game, and the throttle speed for downloads were reset, but game installations and library locations were intact), and Steam just insisted to redownload all the Workshop content I was subscribed to, for installed games.

I just blamed it on random Valveness; I didn't know that there apparently existed a widespread issue.

Finally, I did revert back to the default skin, since Metro apparently got its UI elements all misaligned this time, and that was the end of this chapter.

For the record, other than the Metro skin, I was using an untampered, latest stable build of the client - new UI and everything.

Running smoothly since the "flush".

Hope you figure everything out, man. Bummers are called that for a reason. :D

Ah, ok. I do understand that.
How ever, during the "Steam holds process "hostage"" message, it is possible to get the newly assembled executable. Copying and renaming it to Terraria2.exe (for example) and aborting the process, will leave the vanilla/selfmodded/anyotherkindofpatcher-version of the client + the one patched with yours.

Just a question: Are you thinking about adding custom modding? I have quite some offsets, like custom recipes, custom items (e.g. combining a few magic weapons to get the counterpart to Zenith), resolution-ratio-fixing, and so on.
I would like to use your tool for a fast and simple search-and-replace method, instead of debugging the executable. :)

Thanks for the hotkeys. Once you're able to work on Terraria Tweaker again I had an idea for a couple of tweaks. Probably likely to be used together but I can see some people wanting one but not the other. If it's possible to do it would be nice to have a tweak that allows gem trees to grow regardless of light level and a tweak that allows them to grow above ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom