Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
ISSUE:
Issues below could be solved if I click outside of the window of Terraria until 3rd June, but now these problems are not solvable with this way...

Environment:
- Controller: XBOX One controller
- Terraria Version: 1.4.0.5

What I have tried:
- Re-install Terraria
- Delete input profiles.json
- Use windowed-mode and full-screen mode

Problem 1:
The problem is that if I try to move the cursor to the right, bottom or anywhere in the inventory, the cursor is forced-back to the original place.
It seems like the same problem below;

Problem 2:
Locking enemy only works while holding the button for the lock. The expected behaviour is that once I push the button, it keeps locking the enemy.

Problem 3:
It is a famous keybinding problem. Once I change a setting of keybindings for a controller, a display is a freeze. Monsters and NPCs can move around but any inputs to Terraria shutout. It happens in "keyboard" keybindings as well. So, it is actually not only a controller's problem.

These issues were all solvable if I click outside of the window of Terraria until 3rd June but now this way does not work. Hope they will be solved and let me play Terraria again...

Last edited:
This issue is only impacting you when using a Controller, and not Keyboard/Mouse?

I was able to trigger this issue by pressing Pause on my bluetooth headset and no media apps were running to respond to it.

a keyboard with media player buttons might also trigger this.

on my Bluedio hi hurricane, putting on the right earpiece will press pause 4 times if no media app is running.

Last edited:
This issue is only impacting you when using a Controller, and not Keyboard/Mouse?

Hi, thank you for your response.

I launched Terraria without using (*1) my controller and I could confirm the 3rd problem I have reported.
*1: A controller is wireless so I launched Terraria without connecting the controller to my laptop

In terms of the 1st problem, controlling the inventory with a keyboard and a mouse do not get an impact from the issue. While a controller does not work on the inventory due to the issue, a keyboard and a mouse still work. So I am not sure whether this issue only happens when using a controller.

In terms of the 2nd problem, a function of lock is only for a controller. So this issue only happens when using a controller.

But why? Those buttons don't do anything in Terraria unless they're mapped.
any key will take Terraria out of gamepad mode even if it is not mapped to any gameplay inputs.

bluetooth media controls are a bit different from keyboard media buttons. bluetooth sends a keydown event but not a keyup.

holding down any key or mouse button will keep taking Terraria out of gamepad mode when the thumbsticks are centered.

Back
Top Bottom