tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those who followed the link here from the vinebooru, the WX Sword's design was taken from here:
If that's a problem, though, I could definitely redesign the sword for the next update.
Edit: Thank you for all the kind words in the stream chat! I'm happy some people actually like my mod's sprites.
Once TModLoader updates to 1.4, I'm going to mimic ReLogic and re-evaluate a lot of old content in the mod.
Expect less in the way of new content, more overhauls and balance changes. The flails are obviously going to get totally reworked.
Edit: I do have ideas for new stuff, though, based around what I've played so far! Expect Dreadnautilus drops, new enemy stuff, and drops for both new bosses.

Last edited:
Hey, just letting people know that there's a poll relating to a decision I'll have to make when updating the mod.
I can't decide if the whips should remain as they are in the mod, or be converted into summoning weapons when it eventually gets updated.

Hey, just letting people know that there's a poll relating to a decision I'll have to make when updating the mod.
I can't decide if the whips should remain as they are in the mod, or be converted into summoning weapons when it eventually gets updated.
I think, that they should stay melee, because they act me more like a Flairon than like 1.4 whips. Also, probably you should exclude word "whip" from their names to avoid confusion.

I think, that they should stay melee, because they act me more like a Flairon than like 1.4 whips. Also, probably you should exclude word "whip" from their names to avoid confusion.
Thing is, they are supposed to be whips. There's one based on Franziska Von Karma's whip from Ace Attorney- the reason they act more like Flairon is because I had no idea how to code them to wave to the side, like 1.4 whips do.
Also, this would give Demons a summoning drop, and I'd make a new melee weapon for them to fill the void.

Thing is, they are supposed to be whips. There's one based on Franziska Von Karma's whip from Ace Attorney- the reason they act more like Flairon is because I had no idea how to code them to wave to the side, like 1.4 whips do.
Also, this would give Demons a summoning drop, and I'd make a new melee weapon for them to fill the void.
If you redo the way, your whips work, then they should deal summon damage. I thought that you want to leave them acting the current way. (Maybe you should left jungle one unchanged (let it stay as a melee weapon), because there is already a jungle whip for summoners).

Hey Litho, I don't know if your aware, but all throwing code in 1.4 is NON-EXISTENT and TMODloader will NOT be re-adding the functionality

I know your mod has alot of thrower items, so I made a small helper mod: a type of universal-thrower mod class to help prepare thrower gear in mods for 1.4, There's also a wiki as well: IDGCaptainRussia94/AAAAUThrowing
I'm looking to help prevent people from doing heretical acts against throwing like converting them to ranged, so I'm trying to help spread the word about this

Hey Litho, I don't know if your aware, but all throwing code in 1.4 is NON-EXISTENT and TMODloader will NOT be re-adding the functionality

I know your mod has alot of thrower items, so I made a small helper mod: a type of universal-thrower mod class to help prepare thrower gear in mods for 1.4, There's also a wiki as well: IDGCaptainRussia94/AAAAUThrowing
I'm looking to help prevent people from doing heretical acts against throwing like converting them to ranged, so I'm trying to help spread the word about this
I thought they were keeping throwing code in, but no weapons would use it as a damage type?
That's what I've heard. The TModloader discord hasn't made any announcements about this.

I thought they were keeping throwing code in, but no weapons would use it as a damage type?
That's what I've heard. The TModloader discord hasn't made any announcements about this.
yeah... you thought wrong, that's what I thought at first too until I decided to peek into 1.4's source code and discover the shocking truth (Get DNSpy and peek yourself into Terraria's exe)
The TMODLoader team people didn't announce it, but I did ask questions so I can decide what I should do here: Reintegrating throwing into 1.4 TMODLoader? · Issue #915 · tModLoader/tModLoader
Basically: yeah, we either go ranged or we go modded thrower, I went the latter, and I wanted to make a universal system everyone can easily adapt to and use.

yeah... you thought wrong, that's what I thought at first too until I decided to peek into 1.4's source code and discover the shocking truth (Get DNSpy and peek yourself into Terraria's exe)
The TMODLoader team people didn't announce it, but I did ask questions so I can decide what I should do here: Reintegrating throwing into 1.4 TMODLoader? · Issue #915 · tModLoader/tModLoader
Basically: yeah, we either go ranged or we go modded thrower, I went the latter, and I wanted to make a universal system everyone can easily adapt to and use.
There's no way every mod will use your library, though.
I'm actually really :red:ing angry about this because I've been told, multiple times, that this is not the case.
1592162004746.png

I don't want to make my own class, or use a library not everyone will use. I thought it'd be simple for them to just include the damage type in the vanilla code, but apparently not!
I'm seriously considering just :red:ing not updating to 1.4, since it seems like with every passing day I find something to hate about it.
I used to think 1.4 was cool, but between the lazy-:red: master mode, :red:ty projectile spam queen slime, creativity-punishing NPC happiness system, still-terrible summoner class after supposedly reworking it, and still horribly imbalanced weapons after a 'total rebalance', I can't say it's an improvement over 1.3.

Like, a lot of my mod's throwing content is supposed to be Thorium-dependent in essence, since it doesn't add more than one armor set and no accessories. What will Thorium do about this? Will it use your library? Probably not. It was already presenting throwing as a custom class like healer and bard, and I have no idea how to make weapons for those.
How many mods are going to use your library? It's far more likely people will just make a bunch of libraries without checking if there already is one, or make custom classes. Every mod will have its own custom throwing class- but since my mod isn't able to add its own fully-featured progression and custom classes are out of the question, my mod has NO SOLUTION for this problem.
It's likely that, if I do decide to update at all, I'll just be forced to make it ranged.

Like, a lot of my mod's throwing content is supposed to be Thorium-dependent in essence, since it doesn't add more than one armor set and no accessories. What will Thorium do about this? Will it use your library? Probably not. It was already presenting throwing as a custom class like healer and bard, and I have no idea how to make weapons for those.
How many mods are going to use your library? It's far more likely people will just make a bunch of libraries without checking if there already is one, or make custom classes. Every mod will have its own custom throwing class- but since my mod isn't able to add its own fully-featured progression and custom classes are out of the question, my mod has NO SOLUTION for this problem.
It's likely that, if I do decide to update at all, I'll just be forced to make it ranged.
" There's no way every mod will use your library, though. " So? ATM the library also accounts for vanilla throwing and I will continue to support it as need be because I WANTED to prevent bull:red: like this from :red:ing over people like you, that's why I made this... Saying stuff like this doesn't help anyone.

You got a point eitherway thou with the dependant content, but as I said above it DOES account for vanilla damage boosts

Honestly... This choice on relogic's end boggles me just as much, as I said in the github message there I can't see a why they needed to remove the code in the first place, they knew it would break alot of mods (but yet Calamity gets an early warning 2 years ago about this...)

Look atleast I'm trying to do something good here, don't get angry at me over this... The more people that are aware the better the chances we have

Also huge huge huuuge shame to Batby for lying, unless he knows something we don't... But I'm going off what the TMODLoader devs told me on GitHub

" There's no way every mod will use your library, though. " So? ATM the library also accounts for vanilla throwing and I will continue to support it as need be because I WANTED to prevent bull:red: like this from :red:ing over people like you, that's why I made this... Saying stuff like this doesn't help anyone.

You got a point eitherway thou with the dependant content, but as I said above it DOES account for vanilla damage boosts

Honestly... This choice on relogic's end boggles me just as much, as I said in the github message there I can't see a why they needed to remove the code in the first place, they knew it would break alot of mods (but yet Calamity gets an early warning 2 years ago about this...)

Look atleast I'm trying to do something good here, don't get angry at me over this... The more people that are aware the better the chances we have

Also huge huge huuuge shame to Batby for lying, unless he knows something we don't... But I'm going off what the TMODLoader devs told me on GitHub
No, I'm not angry at you! I'm angry at Relogic, and the tmod devs. Angry for removing a class for no reason, knowing it'd :red: over mod devs like me. Angry at tmod devs for, apparently, changing their mind about things and not TELLING ANYONE, only making it official in a goddamn github post because someone asked about it.
Like this isn't important information, or something. Letting the Tmod discord itself continue to think there'd be compatibility without ONCE correcting anyone.
Angry as Relogic as well for making a half-assed, :red:ty 'final update'.
Angry in general.
:red:.
Edit- I'm sorry for being so frothing-at-the-mouth angry about all this. I used to love Terraria so much. But every time I've tried to love 1.4, it's shown me something that kills my enthusiasm.
There's a lot of great stuff about it. But how could they just miss all of these obvious flaws? I understand it was rushed out the door because of what's been going on, but some of these decisions don't make sense in the first place. Why did bad torch luck even make it into the update? Did they spend such little time thinking about how Terraria should be improved that it didn't occur to them punishing players invisibly for doing something normal without ever telling them not to do it... was a bad idea?
Why is NPC unhappiness still punished- again, with no indicator that this happens, and totally ignoring the fact that maybe players just want to build how they like?
They started expanding the throwing class in 1.3.0.1, but then in the very next major version they just gave up on expanding it, because apparently the class lacked potential or something?
Nevermind what mods have done with it to show how unique it can be. In fact, nevermind mods period- just let them figure stuff out for themselves when we remove a part of vanilla code that literally hundreds of mods depend on, see how they cope.
I just... I think I might be done.

Last edited:
No, I'm not angry at you! I'm angry at Relogic, and the tmod devs. Angry for removing a class for no reason, knowing it'd :red: over mod devs like me. Angry at tmod devs for, apparently, changing their mind about things and not TELLING ANYONE, only making it official in a goddamn github post because someone asked about it.
Like this isn't important information, or something. Letting the Tmod discord itself continue to think there'd be compatibility without ONCE correcting anyone.
Angry as Relogic as well for making a half-assed, :red:ty 'final update'.
Angry in general.
:red:.
There's so much other bull:red: that changed in 1.4 that no one other than the devs really have any idea
I really hope they atleast post something like, a month in advance when the time comes, so we know wtf we even need to do to fight this

This is why... I left the TMODLoader Discord and went astray my own way... I learned and got better with what I had without the intervention of others, but that's not what this topic is about
This is about me not wanting to see this mod perish
I could make the throwing weapons updated for you if you want, but otherwise it's really easy. But I think for now it's better if you dig around and found out more on what TMODLoader's plans are for this

it's practically a 1-1 recreate of the class, and it's very easy to convert over (you literally change .thrown into .Throwing().thrown adding Throwing() before the variable name)
However due to my limited presence on discord I'd need others to help spread the word about this, and about my attempt to counter it, sure not everyone will use this but again... It's something,

I don't know what else to say I think I'll just... go now before Enrage you even more, but before I do: *Gives Hugs* you'll make it through this Litho I have confidence in you.

There's so much other bull:red: that changed in 1.4 that no one other than the devs really have any idea
I really hope they atleast post something like, a month in advance when the time comes, so we know wtf we even need to do to fight this

This is why... I left the TMODLoader Discord and went astray my own way... I learned and got better with what I had without the intervention of others, but that's not what this topic is about
This is about me not wanting to see this mod perish
I could make the throwing weapons updated but otherwise it's really easy

However due to my limited presence on discord I'd need others to help spread the word about this, and about my attempt to counter it, sure not everyone will use this but again... It's something,
it's practically a 1-1 recreate of the class, and it's very easy to convert over (you literally change .thrown into .Throwing().thrown adding Throwing() before the variable name)

I don't know what else to say I think I'll just... go now before Enrage you even more, but before I do: *Gives Hugs* you'll make it through this Litho I have coincidence in you.
I don't doubt I could learn to use your library. But it's... not about what I can do anymore.
I want to keep throwing in my mod, and keep compatibility with other mods' throwing weapons. But if the TMod 1.4 update removes throwing code, I can't do anything about this anymore.
I'll either have to add a dependency to my mod in the hopes of maintaining throwing compatibility- knowing full well that not every mod I'd like to is going to use your library- or bite the bullet and remove throwing because I have no other choice.

TMod devs are the only ones who could ever possibly solve this problem, and they've stated they're not going to because "it's not TML's place to re-add removed content", even though just some lines of code are quite far from what most people would consider 'content'.

Edit- The only reason my mod added throwing weapons in the first place was because so many other mods expanded the class, so it could work with a lot of them.
Now that it's removed, the only reason for my mod having them is now gone. If your library isn't used by every mod, the whole purpose of my mod's throwing weapons is still gone.

I don't doubt I could learn to use your library. But it's... not about what I can do anymore.
I want to keep throwing in my mod, and keep compatibility with other mods' throwing weapons. But if the TMod 1.4 update removes throwing code, I can't do anything about this anymore.
I'll either have to add a dependency to my mod in the hopes of maintaining throwing compatibility- knowing full well that not every mod I'd like to is going to use your library- or bite the bullet and remove throwing because I have no other choice.

TMod devs are the only ones who could ever possibly solve this problem, and they've stated they're not going to because "it's not TML's place to re-add removed content", even though just some lines of code are quite far from what most people would consider 'content'.
Throwing is going to be fractured but, as I said, the only thing we truely CAN do right now is spread the word and see what others think, if a the idea of a library is mentioned you can link them to mine, the more people who want to use mine the better the chances.
You also doubt my skills, I could code mine to make use of "other" throwing libraries when they come too, but I don't know how successful that might be, we'll see
I'm going to wait and see what happens, I've played my cards so far but I know it won't be enough for 1.4, we got alot of work to do when the time comes and honestly: I'm not looking forward to it... (I own a decently sized mod called SGAmod that does alot of advanced stuff, yeah... fun... all of it breaking likely... FUN)

Just a small update. I decided a while ago that this mod WILL be getting further updates.
I've been very dissatisfied with 1.4, but as I'm sure mods will fix most of these problems if they're still there when TModloader is updated, I'm not as upset as I was before.
The updates will likely come in phases, but my items may not quite reach the standard some of the overhauled vanilla weapons set (for example, the Magic Missile and related weapons. I don't know how reproducible that effect will even be.)
I'm fairly certain the flails and whips will be manageable, at least.

Be thankful Lithium that this isn't Minecraft, you only have to make 1 final update and you get a stable version of the game for years to come
With MC it was like this every few years, the jump from 1.6 to 1.7 was utter hell from what I heard, the ENTIRE GAME was more or less re-written

Be thankful Lithium that this isn't Minecraft, you only have to make 1 final update and you get a stable version of the game for years to come
With MC it was like this every few years, the jump from 1.6 to 1.7 was utter hell from what I heard, the ENTIRE GAME was more or less re-written
That's true, and I'm glad for that.
I don't plan on stopping with the mod's updates after this, though!

I found a bug with "Harp's Feather" if you play with this weapon for a certain amount of time the game crashes with a "Water Shader" error

I found a bug with "Harp's Feather" if you play with this weapon for a certain amount of time the game crashes with a "Water Shader" error
Can you reproduce the crash? I can't imagine why this would be the case, since my mod has no code relating to water shaders, and the Harp projectile doesn't have anything special about it that many other projectiles don't have as well.

Back
Top Bottom