tModLoader Research from 1.4 in Terraria 1.3.5

So I am having a small issue: Anytime I decide to add new mods that have recipes with every component already researched, i have to manually pull out the components, craft the item I want, and then research the item before it can show up. Is there any way you could you add a "Refresh Research" button that could re-scan all of your current research to check for any items that might not be researched based on everything you already have?

EDIT: Also something I just realized: If an item has been researched, it appears there's a typo and it says "Resarched!"

Attachments

• reresearch.png
    reresearch.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 238
  • resarched.png
    resarched.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 136
So I am having a small issue: Anytime I decide to add new mods that have recipes with every component already researched, i have to manually pull out the components, craft the item I want, and then research the item before it can show up. Is there any way you could you add a "Refresh Research" button that could re-scan all of your current research to check for any items that might not be researched based on everything you already have?

EDIT: Also something I just realized: If an item has been researched, it appears there's a typo and it says "Resarched!"
Typo fixed, and added an option to the Research Sharing Book to refresh the researched recipes.

V1.7 Changelog
- Fixed "Researched!" typo;
- Research Sharing Book, when clicked on by the player that spawned it, will re-research the recipes based on your research cache.
- Both functions of the Research Sharing Book are now Multi-threaded, meaning you can go about your business while re-researching items.

Typo fixed, and added an option to the Research Sharing Book to refresh the researched recipes.

V1.7 Changelog
- Fixed "Researched!" typo;
- Research Sharing Book, when clicked on by the player that spawned it, will re-research the recipes based on your research cache.
- Both functions of the Research Sharing Book are now Multi-threaded, meaning you can go about your business while re-researching items.
After installing a couple of new mods and testing the update for the Research Sharing Book, I can 100% confirm it is working as intended! Thanks for the update!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    837.4 KB · Views: 483
  • 2.png
    2.png
    783.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 3.png
    3.png
    819.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 4.png
    4.png
    852.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 5.png
    5.png
    860.9 KB · Views: 250
hmmmm. Ok so i am having a slight bug, i have infinite ammo turned off (i even checked in the files out of game to make sure) and yet for some reason it is acting as if the option is on. At first it was working Fine then i installed some new mods, the bug started happening, so i first disabled this mod and i began using ammo like normal. Then i basically disabled everything except this mod and it started happening again. Any ideas what could cause it?
I have restarted the game a couple times and reloaded the mods numerous times. I am about to test by uninstalling this mod and reinstalling it.

i think this is pretty awesome but i think if you just changed the UI and made it so you can build in the inventory with the menu open this mod would be AMAZING!

The mod itsself is great, The ui changes, how it works, crafting things, hope when 1.4 comes to modloader, this ui still avaiable \o

Just started using this mod. Very cool. I have an issue where once any character has researched any crafting station all my characters can craft from their inventories as if they have those crafting stations. The only way to prevent this is to disable the mod entirely. When I re enable the mod, even with a new character and new world, they have the ability to craft from inventory as if they were near the stations. I've used the forget research book. No joy. The research window on the new characters is blank as you'd expect. Please let me know what other information you need to help with this. Thanks.

Just started using this mod. Very cool. I have an issue where once any character has researched any crafting station all my characters can craft from their inventories as if they have those crafting stations. The only way to prevent this is to disable the mod entirely. When I re enable the mod, even with a new character and new world, they have the ability to craft from inventory as if they were near the stations. I've used the forget research book. No joy. The research window on the new characters is blank as you'd expect. Please let me know what other information you need to help with this. Thanks.
That's an easy one to fix! You can either pause the game and go to Mod Configuration -> Research System Config or from the main menu go to Mods -> Research System and click the gear icon to configure settings. From there you can disable "Craft from Researched Stations" which is what allows your characters to craft from the stations without needing said stations.

EDIT: Picture added.

Attachments

• researched station.png
    researched station.png
    630.8 KB · Views: 175
Is it normal the game freezes for a few seconds? The fist time happened upon opening the UI for the very first time. Now it does when loading the world, There are no crashes, the game just freezes for about 8 to 10 seconds.

Edit: Freeze happens when selecting player not loading the world,
in my experience the normal 1.4 system lags when it loads the research i have

That's an easy one to fix! You can either pause the game and go to Mod Configuration -> Research System Config or from the main menu go to Mods -> Research System and click the gear icon to configure settings. From there you can disable "Craft from Researched Stations" which is what allows your characters to craft from the stations without needing said stations.

EDIT: Picture added.
I want to craft from stations. But my new characters should have no knowledge of my previous characters research unless I use the book. The problem is the crafting station research is carrying over without books to all characters current and new. Even thought the research windows is blank. (Well, minus the two books you always have there)

I want to craft from stations. But my new characters should have no knowledge of my previous characters research unless I use the book. The problem is the crafting station research is carrying over without books to all characters current and new. Even thought the research windows is blank. (Well, minus the two books you always have there)
Oh. I misread your message. Sadly I have no idea how to resolve that.

hmmmm. Ok so i am having a slight bug, i have infinite ammo turned off (i even checked in the files out of game to make sure) and yet for some reason it is acting as if the option is on. At first it was working Fine then i installed some new mods, the bug started happening, so i first disabled this mod and i began using ammo like normal. Then i basically disabled everything except this mod and it started happening again. Any ideas what could cause it?
I have restarted the game a couple times and reloaded the mods numerous times. I am about to test by uninstalling this mod and reinstalling it.

Yea I've been getting this too, not sure if the toggle option in the config menu works atm

Hey, could you help me please? What key do i need to press in order for the research menu to show up? Idk what “add” key is, dont have it on my keyboard, and its not the “+” sign. Tryed pressing everything but nothing shows up =[.

Hey, could you help me please? What key do i need to press in order for the research menu to show up? Idk what “add” key is, dont have it on my keyboard, and its not the “+” sign. Tryed pressing everything but nothing shows up =[.

My "numpad +" button works, if not maybe you can change the key in the configuration menu.

Having the same problem. It's turned off in the config yet still have inifinite ammo. This is on multiplayer with two people and both of us have it turned off in the config.

EDIT: Forgot to say that we are really enjoying the mod otherwise. Thank you very much for writing this mod. I think you did a better implementation than 1.4 journey mode. Especially with the sharing book and all the options. Thank you.

Last edited:
Having the same problem. It's turned off in the config yet still have inifinite ammo. This is on multiplayer with two people and both of us have it turned off in the config.

EDIT: Forgot to say that we are really enjoying the mod otherwise. Thank you very much for writing this mod. I think you did a better implementation than 1.4 journey mode. Especially with the sharing book and all the options. Thank you.
I was using the wrong config option in the code. Fixed now.

I was forgetting to reset the tile Cache after the research was loaded from the Player data. That made it load the previous used player's cache, which was the bug appearing. fixed in new version.

v1.7.1 Changelog

- Fixed infinite ammo not respecting the right config option.
- Fixed the tile cache not being cleared sometimes, making every player start with the crafting table knowledge from the previously loaded player.

I was using the wrong config option in the code. Fixed now.

I was forgetting to reset the tile Cache after the research was loaded from the Player data. That made it load the previous used player's cache, which was the bug appearing. fixed in new version.

v1.7.1 Changelog

- Fixed infinite ammo not respecting the right config option.
- Fixed the tile cache not being cleared sometimes, making every player start with the crafting table knowledge from the previously loaded player.
Initial testing indicates the tile cache issue is solved. Thanks!

I have been having a great time with this mod so far! The only problem is that I have to constantly trash items I have already researched. Will there ever be a feature in the options to remove any already searched items on pick up?

Back
Top Bottom