How can I build a sliding door?

It is the one that slides up.
I think it’s has something to do with timers, like where you hook up on 1 second tumer(I would go for the 1/4 I think) to four more(or how tall your door is, and hook all one second timers to each other, and make the timers hook up to the blocks, I think that’s how it works.

There's a few ways I can imagine it working:
When the player triggers a player above sensor, a dummy or npc gets teleported through hoik tracks with a series of pressure plates. The pressure plates activate parts of the door each. There is another identical contraption that does the exact thing but only when the player leaves the area to toggle the door again. That would prevent the possible chance of jamming the system from toggling around too fast.
The other and more reasonable method would be to use liquid sensors and pumps. Imagine a two by x area with pumps on the far top and bottom, along with liquid sensors lined up to get activated once as the water descends back to the lower pump. With single lamp logic gates, you can sort of play around with liquid sensors to avoid double activation for much larger contraptions. You could use the second system I mentioned in the last paragraph to prevent jamming to an extent if the player happens to be too speedy.
Aside from that, it would be a monster/critter engine, but then you could hear it, where that wasn't the case here. The second option is the most likely, though the first is also good if you want to time the sequencing in a really particular fashion that a water trigger cannot do.

Back
Top Bottom