Votes: 7 12.5%
  • the base I posted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • base 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • base Happiness

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I wanted to ask if it is possible to add additional structures to the worldgen.
Hi Zangetsu, of course it is possible but would be a lot of work to do so :)
Also how does the best structure look like? I think it also wouldn't be used by many player.
So, I'm sorry but have no time for implementing this (unless you give me 1000$ :) ). But you are free to change the source code of the mod and include it yourself.
However I think there are better ways to do this.
Those structures are stable. They would look equal each time you play, or?
For this you can use e.g. Cheat Sheet mod. It has a painting function. This allows you to store structures and replace them anywhere else.
It has also the function to share structures with other player. It also includes NPC bases. Didn't knew about this function before creating it.

I can't remember the name of the mod but I'm pretty sure there exists a mod which allows you to build a hellevator and a arena (maybe some more structures).
If I remember correct you could craft them like other items and If you place them it generates the whole structure.
Edit: Luiafk Mod

Thx for the reply and yeah they look pretty much the same everytime maybe i change the walls or building block but that's not important.
Tank you for the tip with cheat sheet will look at it

Edit: Took my time looked at CheatSheet is a brilliant solution, thank you very much

Last edited:
Where is the download link? I don't see it
Is it your first mod? You need to download tmodloader first:
Standalone - [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API (in download section)
With this you have access to nearly all mods.
If installed select mod browser. At top right there is a search field. Enter something like 'start with' and you will find it.
If you already have installed tmodloader your version might be older than the version of the mod. If that's the case you need to update your tmodloader version.

I like the idea of the mod but I'd like to see a base or two that would maybe be a bit less efficient but more 'realistic' in terms of layout, rather than extreme efficiency. I think they'd be fun to decorate/expand upon as you play.

I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶

I like the idea of the mod but I'd like to see a base or two that would maybe be a bit less efficient but more 'realistic' in terms of layout, rather than extreme efficiency. I think they'd be fun to decorate/expand upon as you play.
Can you give some example about a more realistic layout? Do you mean larger NPC rooms? extra rooms? easier to build?
Some picture of a more realistic base would be nice.
Do you mean decorate/expand by the player or with mod (e.g. 300 wood to extend to the left). The 2nd would be too much work to code.

Can you give some example about a more realistic layout? Do you mean larger NPC rooms? extra rooms? easier to build?
Some picture of a more realistic base would be nice.
Do you mean decorate/expand by the player or with mod (e.g. 300 wood to extend to the left). The 2nd would be too much work to code.

Something like this, you can easily access more levels by holding left or right and the rooms are big enough to decorate/customize per NPC while still being simple.

Example.png
It's not perfect (or neat) by any means but I think it gives a general idea.

Hey man, love your mod but can you please add a way to minimise the start with a base window when creating a world? It's so annoying I can't see what the world is generating.

I second this.

It is annoying not being able to see how far your world is being progressed to. It'd be nice to be able to minimize the window!

As TheLoneGamer wrote you can just right click it (after set up your options with left click). Another way is to add '$noG' at the end of your world name (=no GUI). You can combine this with other options. e.g. if you want base type 2 your can write: MyWorldName$ba2noG
For more info about those commends see 'More advanced options'-Spoiler in first post.

"Start with base" is a small mod which generates a base at the end of world generation considering all NPC's of all active mods. So if you are tiered building your own all the time that mod might work for you. But it won't give you too much. You still need to place chests and crafting stations. For NPC flats you don't need to care about. It will check how many NPC your mods contain and resize the base accordingly. There will be also enough space for chest which allow you to store each item from active mods in you current game (only base 3 and base 4).

It won't win a design award for good looking :) That's also your part.
The main concept about this base is to reduce ways to NPC's, crafting stations, chests and a high amount of chest you can quick-stack too (after teleport back).
It should balance a high NPC flat density with a high chest density. Each of those can be done better but with negative effect for the other. If you think you got a better base structure with higher NPC and chest density write me here please. (base made for vanilla, there might be better if you play with mods)

What you will start with (Base3 (enter "$Ba3" ):
View attachment 200981
In that small base all NPC's will get a room, you can build all important crafting stations (and many more) and you can store all items of vanilla version.
If you have multiple mods active it might looks slightly different. It adepts to the number of town NPC's and the number of items of all active mods have together. It will use some quality with this.

How it could look later on:
View attachment 200982

WhyI build like that?
-you can quick access 14 NPC's just by holding 1 to 2 directions or jumping.
-around your spawn point (bed) you have a high number of chests to quick-stack with (dynasty chests)
-important crafting stations nearby
-you can brew nearly all potions, flask, and food in bottom left corner + 6 extra chest to storing inclusive recipes ingredients

mod made with personal preferences and for own usage (and to test icon and github :) ). But feel free to try it as well. As mentioned above if you think something can be done better or more efficient write me please.

It would be nice if you can also write me your experience during playthrough with this base mod.

Thanks for testing. gl hf!

0.2.2.3/.4 - bug fix for custom styles. They should work again. For people who don't use the GUI: Added option to only change the style of chair and desk ($d..), same options as furniture ($f..)

Update 0.2.1.0
-some code improvements
-added many new
View attachment 212201(those numbers let you save/load your styles)
0.2.1.1 - small improvment
0.2.1.2/3 - pearl brick (wall) added + fix
0.2.2.0 - peal furniture, chain lantern, - instead of furniture tiles your start with some of those in the starting chest, - some base fixes on base3, -random only random style not base
0.2.2.1 - you can pause world gen in Gui mode, you can also disable gui mode: $noG

Update 0.2.0.0
-GUI added!
-option for changing platform
-option for changing lantern style

Update new bases and style options:

2 new base structures you can choose from and can compare with:
Base2 (enter "$Ba2" behind you world name):
View attachment 201195 and with some stuff added: View attachment 201205

Base6 ($Ba6):
View attachment 201200 and here how it could look later in game: View attachment 201201
This base 6 was originally idea from @Sergo. In this mod is a slightly modified version.
Both of this bases have 24 NPC flats. So it's big enough for vanilla. It will also grow if you have mods with more NPC's installed. Unfortunately they not made for storing many items. So you might run out of space. But besides NPC you can also place all important crating stations there. The number behind base (base2 -> 2, base6->6 ) means the smallest size of the core NPC flat structure. So if you need more flats it always grows by at least this size.

If you need more storage also a variation of base 3 was added ($b3b):
View attachment 201204 (with a random style ( worldname + "$b3bsy*" ) )
or later in game: View attachment 200983 As alternative top floor can also be used to grow some seed.

Upade 0.1.4: added a base 4 for many NPC's
use $ba4 for this
e.g. thats a base which has place for over 100 NPC's:
View attachment 201711
if you have no mods installed, this basic version can hold all vanilla:
View attachment 215698
This base uses some structure which allows very small distances between NPC:
View attachment 201678

Here some quick ideas what could be added where, including some modified structure:
View attachment 201713
only thing you need to care about are the lower flats of the extension. Something need to be placed at the bottom there. Otherwise npc's prefer low spot. Image shows some working examples. They don't like chests nearby. If one is placed on top they tend to go down. To prohibit that you can place some platforms or a chest at lower.

EDIT:since Update 0.2.0.0 you can do this with GUI and not needed anymore

To change these options you need add them at the end of your world name with "$" plus the options you like

new base types:
Ba2 = base with 2 NPC flats as core structure
Ba3 = base with 3 NPC flats as core structure (§b3b for big version)
Ba4 - base with 4 NPC flats as core structure (this base is good for many npc)
Ba6 = base with 6 NPC flats as core structure

you can change which tiles are used:

change Furniture:
Fpa = Palm Wood Furniture
Fdy = Dynasty Wood Furniture
Fwo = Wood Furniture
Fgr = Granite Block Furniture
Fbo = Boreal Wood Furniture
Fri = Rich Mahogany Furniture
Fmb = Marble Block Furniture

Wha = Hay Wall
Wdg = Diamond Gemspark Wall
Wdy = White Dynasty Wall
Wwo = Wood Wall
Wss = Stone Slab Wall
Wdi = Dirt Wall
Wri = Rich Mahogany Wall
Wbo = Boreal Wood Wall
Wgr = Granite Block Wall
Wmb = Marble Block Wall

Tha = Hay
Tob = Obsidian Brick
Tdy = Dynasty Wood
Two = Wood
Tss = Stone Slab
Tri = Rich Mahogany
Tbo = Boreal Wood
Tgr = Granite Block
Tmb = Marble Block

$Lho, Lgl, Ldy, Lwo, Lpa, Lbo, Lgr, Wmb --> changes the used lantern
$Ppa, Pri, Pdy, Pwo, Pbo, Pgr, Pmb, Pic --> changes the used platform
$Dpa, Ddy, Dwo, Dgr, Dbo, Dri, Dmb --> changes the used chair and desk/workbench

...many more added in update 0.3.1. With GUI no input needed anymore. If you still want to do, new endings are:
di, st, me, cr, ma, ic, sb, sl, ca, sk,

$Sy* - random style out of those above or some predefined combinations $Sy0, $Sy1, $Sy2

You can combine those, e.g "MyWorldName$Ba3FdyTssWdi" (without quotes) will select base 3 with dyndasty wood furniture (Fdy), stone slab for Flats (Tss) and dirt as wall behind (Wdi)

Now you can also add your own custom styles and save combinations from above.
For this type Cx1, Cx2, ... or Cx9 in world file name.
It will create a config file named config1.txt in StartWithBase folder close to your Terraria world files ( or config2.txt if you entered Cx2, last digit is equal in both).
If that file already exists, it will set the values as stored in that file.

Content of that file looks like:
(custom style bone theme blocks)
Code:
# Config file of Start with Base mod
# here you can setup custom values
# lines start with '#' get ignored

# basetype values ba2=0 ba3=1 b3b=2 ba4=3 ba6=4 currently supported
basetype = 3

# In following part you can change each type of placed objects.
# For tile ID's look e.g. at https://terraria.wiki.gg/Tile_IDs
# There the style numbers are written in braces, subtract 1 from those
# For items types look at their wiki pages. Those are placed in a starting chest.

# Tiles used to build base
TileID = 194
ItemIDoftileType = 766

# Wall
WallID = 75
ItemIDofWallType = 768

# Furniture
PlatformStyle = 4
LanternStyle = 25
ChairStyle = 7
WorkBenchStyle = 4
LampStyle = 16
TorchStyle = 13
ChairItemType = 808
WorkBenchItemType = 811
LanternItemType = 2148
LampItemType = 2134
PlatformItemType = 634
There you can edit each parameter which is used in base generation.

At your next world generation write something like "YourWorldName$Cx1" and it will load config1.txt parameters and creates the base with this (EDIT: or use the GUI to load it). You can also change parameters of you config file, e.g. "YourWorldName$Cx1Wss" will overwrite the wall property in your config file with stone slap wall (only for this generation, config file untouched).

mod in early development. write me if you found some bugs, have a good idea for new feature or found a base structure which might be better.

Your first mod? Download t-modLoder first: Standalone - [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API . There you can find this mod (and nearly any other) in Mod Browser menu.
bro im new and i can't find the link, can someone help me please?

bro im new and i can't find the link, can someone help me please?
Which link do you mean?
You will find the mod in mod browser of tmodloader.
Tmodloader is a changed version of Terraria 1.3.5.2.
Now also for steam: tModLoader on Steam
Or you can also download Tmodloader here: Standalone - [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API
direct link for windows: https://github.com/tModLoader/tModL...ad/v0.11.7.2/tModLoader.Windows.v0.11.7.2.zip
or if you want to download mods in your browser (and copy them yourself into tmodloader folder): http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/DirectModDownloadListing.php

Hey dude, love this mod, although since I've started Calamity I noticed I need the air space your bases take up. So I've been building my own NPC prisons with the help of Lan's house builder "underground".
But I'm wondering how hard would it be for you to add my style to the mod? Would be great if you have the time!

Capture 2020-06-14 20_50_14.png

See here units of 4 houses, with some space to plop down some machinery down in the lower houses. Along with some Magic Storage space, and a hellevator underneath. Shame there ain't a 3 block trapdoor!

Shame there ain't a 3 block trapdoor!
Hi, how about actuators?

The base is small but how would it scale with more NPC? Just increasing in with? Might be too big for mods with many new NPC. Multiple floor? Which would be the best number?
However current included bases are not optimized for Magic Storage. Dont think I will do any updates before tmodloader is 1.4 as well.
At 1.4 the NPC also have Happiness which needs some more conditions for housing. This makes some basic house structures much more difficult (except you dont care about Happiness).
Not sure how to update it properly. By considering all possible needs it will result in a huge variety of bases. Would take a lot of time to add them all. Maybe some new concept is needed.

The base is small but how would it scale with more NPC? Just increasing in with? Might be too big for mods with many new NPC. Multiple floor? Which would be the best number?
I've seen people complaining here that your bases go to space though, so I think this one extending sideways isn't any worse!

However current included bases are not optimized for Magic Storage.
Well, I get that but you could easily get rid of the middle part and make it just a chute. As for the maximizing space for chests, well, i guess there's a flaw in the system. But hey, you could just say it's not very good for vanilla chests and recommend using Magic Storage with it! I think the sacrifice of chest space is a good tradeoff for the airspace at spawn. In Calamity, it really helps, and also the million added items from the mod really incentivize using Magic Storage aswell!

At 1.4 the NPC also have Happiness which needs some more conditions for housing. This makes some basic house structures much more difficult (except you dont care about Happiness).
Not sure how to update it properly. By considering all possible needs it will result in a huge variety of bases. Would take a lot of time to add them all. Maybe some new concept is needed.

I think this mod ain't compatible with the 1.4 Happiness update. You'd need a whole new mod for that! Maybe a house builder with individual biome houses, that detects how many of your npc's like the biome and it would build that many units there?

And when it comes to waiting till 1.4 tModLoader is here, I don't think it's anywhere near. The devs would be tweeting if it is a month or 2 away, wouldn't they? Would be cool if you done updated the mod, I'd be thankful.
Anyways, doing modded i don't really care about building, that's why i like this mod here, and in 1.4 i likely won't care too, or use some "manual" house build tool.

Aha! I knew I wasn't crazy, I really saw a mod of starting with a base, but... All bases abuses of the game flaws to create rooms?
That's kind of ugly aesthetically, and bad when customizing, though.
Well, at least for debugging my mods will certainly help controlling the town npcs spawning.

Edit:. Yep, I just checked in-game. When creating the world, I saw the huge logo of the mod, and I clicked It. I barelly could pick wiselly what kind of base It would generate, because It had a counter until the generation step of the base reached.

My idea would be to when the player is still selecting a base, the game waits before generating the base, until the player closes the interface (Yep, a button to close It would be cool too).
I ask that, because It may seem like there's enough time to pick the styles, but for people like me, the fact that there's a "timer" running, causes a kind of panic, so I picked granite and a random style of base to spawn.

Ps:. The base generated in the end is fine, though. But sadly It wont help in case of most of my companions, hahaha. But at least It will take care of the town npcs stealing their houses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom