Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

When will TerraCustom for 1.4 be released? Don't think I will play survival in Terraria now, only on minigames serers. Yeah, maybe I'm weird, but I'm afraid of Terraria Spiders :V. I know that I can delete those in TEdit, but it'll look strange. Anyway I can't believe that custom world generator is possible. Thank you Jopojelly

Sorry Because I know somewhere it has been asked I'm sure, will this be updated to 64bit of tmodloarder? and if so do we have a rough eta of it? If it is already working with 64bit how does one get it to work. Thanks!!!!! the reason I currently ask this is it keeps crashing around 50%. less than 800 chests used. I do have a lot of mods though which is why I'm 90% sure It just needs more ram in general. trying to make a 12400 by 3600 world.

Sorry Because I know somewhere it has been asked I'm sure, will this be updated to 64bit of tmodloarder? and if so do we have a rough eta of it? If it is already working with 64bit how does one get it to work. Thanks!!!!! the reason I currently ask this is it keeps crashing around 50%. less than 800 chests used. I do have a lot of mods though which is why I'm 90% sure It just needs more ram in general. trying to make a 12400 by 3600 world.
It's not gonna be updated to 64 bit for a while. You might have to disable most of your mods, if not all, if you wanna make a world that big right now, unfortunately.

It's not gonna be updated to 64 bit for a while. You might have to disable most of your mods, if not all, if you wanna make a world that big right now, unfortunately.

I don't know why I didn't think of just keeping the mods that add stuff to the generation active and disabling everything else that doesn't matter before your comment. Imma try that and see if that helps. Thanks for the reply!

Edit; So It keeps getting stuck on The Abyss (calamity mod) is this mod no longer compatible with calamity?

Last edited:
@Slycool universe, there must be something else that occurred if you had issues. This tool has been available for years from a respected and respectable member with no problems at all.

I have also had this issue occur. Specifically, it happened when attempting to use TerraCustom while Terraria Overhaul was enabled. For some reason, TerraCustom shows an older version of tModLoader even when I have a newer version, and Overhaul interprets this as me using an out-of-date tModLoader that is incompatible with Overhaul. Under normal circumstances, it simply displays a pop-up informing the user their version is out-of-date, and opens a browser window/tab to tModLoader's GitHub page; however, when using TerraCustom under the above conditions, it displays the pop-up like normal, but then it opens new browser tabs constantly until I quickly Alt-F4 or get into Task Manager and kill the process. It managed to open a couple hundred tabs in just a few seconds.

Apologies if this is unclear or lacking info like specific version numbers; I'm putting this all down from my memory of the event a couple days ago. I didn't bother with a report because it seemed like an entirely niche set of conditions that most people were unlikely to encounter; however, if it's causing people to think there's a virus or something (which is a logical conclusion), it may be worth looking into.

(Browser was Vivaldi; I believe TerraCustom was displaying 0.11.6.2 for the tModLoader version even though I was running a *.7 build.)

I don't know why I didn't think of just keeping the mods that add stuff to the generation active and disabling everything else that doesn't matter before your comment. Imma try that and see if that helps. Thanks for the reply!

Edit; So It keeps getting stuck on The Abyss (calamity mod) is this mod no longer compatible with calamity?

As of right now yes, Calamity is incompatible with TerraCustom (For me it's usually the Underworld or Jungle Shrines that crash...)

Am I doing something wrong, because I put the correct file in my Tmod loader official folder but when I start up Tmod loader there aren't any new options in settings or the world creator and no new mods in the mods tab, plus the Tmod loader logo appears instead of the mod's logo.

Am I doing something wrong, because I put the correct file in my Tmod loader official folder but when I start up Tmod loader there aren't any new options in settings or the world creator and no new mods in the mods tab, plus the Tmod loader logo appears instead of the mod's logo.
You should be starting TerraCustom, not tModLoader, but read the message above as well, it doesn't work right now.

Is there a possibility of TerraCustom being updated to support 1.4 before the tModLoader catches up? The sole reason I use both the mod loader and TerraCustom is to create 16800 tile-wide words using the Large World Enabler

Is there a possibility of TerraCustom being updated to support 1.4 before the tModLoader catches up? The sole reason I use both the mod loader and TerraCustom is to create 16800 tile-wide words using the Large World Enabler
No, it's much easier to piggy back on the tmodloader efforts, since then I just make a few modifications to that code for terracustom

When you do eventually get the 1.4 version going, please please PLEASE make some kind of timeout or a 'Cancel' button for when world generation hangs! The time it takes to reload the program and config stacks up after a few failed build attempts, especially on lower-end systems.

this has probably been mentioned before but ill say it again

terracustom has stopped working ever since i got the tmodloader dlc thingy
it comes up with this whenever i try to run it

1593218001224.png

i'm running it from the dlc files, it also crashes when i run it from the base game files

1593218174983.png

The most direct way to get around the issue is to find and install a separate copy of Terraria 1.3 and run TerraCustom from there. That's how I got it working on my end, even tmodloader is being located correctly

I would like to make a suggestion. Please implement Normal Ore Generation, Hardmode Ore Generation and World Evil Generation mechanisms from Drunk World as separate options in the future version of TerraCustom. I don't know the way you've coded these features in the current version, but I would really like to use 'vanilla' 1.4 implementations of them for the extra large worlds

Back
Top Bottom