tModLoader Magic Storage

(suggestion) can you include an item or key bind that auto opens all the loot bags in your inventory.

Just add this mod today.
Test on newly create world single play it works fine.
But adding it on existing multiplayer server world, when place the storage and connect them together, slot count remains 0/0. Item can be added to said chest but it won't appear in it and cannot dig the storage unit up. (note that I already know not to dig out the heart).
And even more surprise, another client join and found gigantic hole where our base supposed to be.
I also try re-login and also got drop into the deep with NPCs that teleport up and fall again and again endlessly.
Shame that I don't have any log. I panic and quickly `exit-nosave` then replace everything with backup.

View attachment 271090
Should I be concerned about this happening on 11.7.4? Me and 5 friends were about to start a modded server.

Hey, so I've been trying to find the crafting recipes, and the ones back on page one of this thread are... nonfunctional. Only a few pictures for materials are showing up, and none of the 'reqirements' pictures are showing up, so I have no idea on what things I need to have, though I know how much of each thing I don't know what it is that I'll need.
Kinda frustrating :/

Should I be concerned about this happening on 11.7.4? Me and 5 friends were about to start a modded server.

You should NOT use this mod in multiplayer at the moment. I made the same mistake last night. I encountered the same exact scenario this person you quoted had, 0/0 items when you access the storage heart even if there's a storage unit next to it. It can still accept items, but it means you'll never be able to take the storage unit out because it can't be emptied, and it can't be accessed.

That's when things go south, where I think the server freaks out. I relogged into the server and had the same scenario. Our entire base, gone. Chests, buildings, gone. All that is left is a gaping hole where our base once was, where the npc's keep falling to the ground and glitching back up where they were meant to be, which makes me think that the game still knows the ''content'' is there because it knows where the NPC's should be placed, but I'm not sure.

Edit: I suppose it might depend on the amount or on certain mods you're running on the server that causes this.

Hi I seem to be having an issue with the mod, as it only allows me to place storage hearts with a 1 block gap between them, and on top of that it will not let me use connectors to connect two of them together. Even if I manage to get one to my access, and I open it, it says 0/0 items and won’t let me place any in. Is this a known bug, or is there a fix?

Hi I seem to be having an issue with the mod, as it only allows me to place storage hearts with a 1 block gap between them, and on top of that it will not let me use connectors to connect two of them together. Even if I manage to get one to my access, and I open it, it says 0/0 items and won’t let me place any in. Is this a known bug, or is there a fix?
After more testing, if I run the connectors from one to another, it will not let me place connectors that are connected to one storage heart or connected to another, like it won’t let them connect. Like I can have connectors from one and another all the way but the one block gap between the two pipes it won’t even let me place it, which is a pretty unique bug in my history

After more testing, if I run the connectors from one to another, it will not let me place connectors that are connected to one storage heart or connected to another, like it won’t let them connect. Like I can have connectors from one and another all the way but the one block gap between the two pipes it won’t even let me place it, which is a pretty unique bug in my history
Uh, you can't connect Storage Hearts to one another. That's part of the mod. You attach the *other* parts of the storage to a Heart.

Uh, you can't connect Storage Hearts to one another. That's part of the mod. You attach the *other* parts of the storage to a Heart.
Alright the best bugs are the ones that aren’t bugs and just me being an idiot, it means nothing needed to be fixed other than my own ignorance :naughty:

i have a similar issue going on regarding the storage heart/crafting interface/components malfunctioning; though it's in SINGLEPLAYER. i made sure that all of my mods were up-to-date and so was my tmodloader. the other mods i had were..
Calamity Mod (No Music & Music)
Cheatsheet
BaseMod
AlchemistNPC
Disable Spreading
GoodProLib
Very Short Respawn Time
Save Control
Recipe Browser
Boss Checklist
Smart Doors

it all started when i loaded in cheatsheet to get just 3 treasure bags from both Leviathan and the Ravager, i got too lazy to farm them for a bit longer since my game was very slow.. looted the ravager and got the item i was looking for, i was about to go to the storage heart to store the other items

until it just froze me in place when i pressed right click on it and displayed my armor
it didn't show me anything, and the same happened when i rightclicked the components; the crafting interface says that it isn't connected to a storage heart, even though all of the storage parts are right next to eachother.

this one issue persisted even after i unloaded cheatsheet and i dont know why
maybe ill continue trying to find a way to get through this particular issue tomorrow

i just found out that this issue is only in the world that im playing in- it doesnt happen in my other worlds and i cant break my storage units with items inside them

i have a similar issue going on regarding the storage heart/crafting interface/components malfunctioning; though it's in SINGLEPLAYER. i made sure that all of my mods were up-to-date and so was my tmodloader. the other mods i had were..
Calamity Mod (No Music & Music)
Cheatsheet
BaseMod
AlchemistNPC
Disable Spreading
GoodProLib
Very Short Respawn Time
Save Control
Recipe Browser
Boss Checklist
Smart Doors

it all started when i loaded in cheatsheet to get just 3 treasure bags from both Leviathan and the Ravager, i got too lazy to farm them for a bit longer since my game was very slow.. looted the ravager and got the item i was looking for, i was about to go to the storage heart to store the other items

until it just froze me in place when i pressed right click on it and displayed my armor
it didn't show me anything, and the same happened when i rightclicked the components; the crafting interface says that it isn't connected to a storage heart, even though all of the storage parts are right next to eachother.

this one issue persisted even after i unloaded cheatsheet and i dont know why
maybe ill continue trying to find a way to get through this particular issue tomorrow
this, ive no clue why this is happening, but when i right click on the terminal on tmod 64 it gives me this

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at MagicStorage.Sorting.SortClassList.FrameImportantTile(Item item) in MagicStorage\Sorting\DefaultSorting.cs:line 275
at MagicStorage.Sorting.SortClassList.Compare(Item item1, Item item2) in MagicStorage\Sorting\DefaultSorting.cs:line 32
at MagicStorage.Sorting.BTreeNode`1.InsertIntoBranch(T item, T& pu:red:em, BTreeNode`1& pushNode) in MagicStorage\Sorting\BTree.cs:line 145
at MagicStorage.Sorting.BTreeNode`1.Insert(T item, T& pu:red:em, BTreeNode`1& pushBranch) in MagicStorage\Sorting\BTree.cs:line 78
at MagicStorage.Sorting.BTree`1.Insert(T item) in MagicStorage\Sorting\BTree.cs:line 24
at MagicStorage.Sorting.ItemSorter.SortAndFilter(IEnumerable`1 items, SortMode sortMode, FilterMode filterMode, String modFilter, String nameFilter) in MagicStorage\Sorting\ItemSorter.cs:line 60
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.Refre:red:ems() in MagicStorage\StorageGUI.cs:line 358
at MagicStorage.Components.StorageAccess.NewRightClick(Int32 i, Int32 j) in MagicStorage\Components\StorageAccess.cs:line 108
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.RightClick(Int32 i, Int32 j)
at Terraria.Player.TileInteractionsUse(Int32 myX, Int32 myY)
at Terraria.Player.TileInteractionsCheck(Int32 myX, Int32 myY)
at DMD<Terraria.Player::Update>(Player , Int32 )
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

How do I make my crafting interface have more than just two rows of things I am able to craft? It’s so tiny and annoying to scroll so far all the time, and I see here you have 3 rows. Maybe I’m just dumb.

To the author of the fork: Could you please reimplement only seeing things the player can make? It's very strange to not have that. Additionally, flagging all items as NewAndShiny is really bothersome and if you can't limit what you can see to what you can make, its purpose is questionable.

For everyone involved (fork or not) though... this thing really needs a way to cache recipes. I am pretty sure it's doing the entire recipe database query every time you craft something, so when you have a large inventory and you try to convert a big pile of ores to bars, the game will peg a core trying to keep up with having to redo the filter every ore. Querying only database items that include currently active ingredients might be faster, but it's been a while since I did anything related to mass database rebuilding. Note that this also affects vanilla shops on a weak computer.

The simplest way to avoid having to really get down and rework filtering would probably be to have multiplier buttons, like x5/x25/All, with all converting all of the ingredients you have to the recipe until you run out. Maybe a slider getting its max from the minimum number of an item you have for the recipe?

A little flag on the icon to show you if you already have an item would be nice too, I think.

It's fun and nice to try to collect everything and ambling around and doing kleptomania in Terraria is making a sinus infection much less impactful. It's so nice to have huge storage after forcing myself to do 1.4 without it.

Just add this mod today.
Test on newly create world single play it works fine.
But adding it on existing multiplayer server world, when place the storage and connect them together, slot count remains 0/0. Item can be added to said chest but it won't appear in it and cannot dig the storage unit up. (note that I already know not to dig out the heart).
And even more surprise, another client join and found gigantic hole where our base supposed to be.
I also try re-login and also got drop into the deep with NPCs that teleport up and fall again and again endlessly.
Shame that I don't have any log. I panic and quickly `exit-nosave` then replace everything with backup.

View attachment 271090

Created an account on the forum just to post the solution. It turns out the issue lies on the Linux version of tModLoaderServer. You must either use Windows or use mono-complete package. The solution was found on the mods GitHub page.

In general, to solve the issue you need to:
1. Make a backup of all saves.
2. Download and install mono-complete form the mono-project.com.
3. Remove all System.*.dll files from the tModLoader folder.
4. Start the server with `mono tModLoaderServer.exe`

If you follow these instructions the hole problem should dissapear (at least it did for me)

hey uh so i have found a bug that when i use the mod somewhere around after killing mech bosses when i leave and come back later all the storage is gone with all the items i dont know if calamity causes this but it ruined quite a lot of play throughs for me so if you could fix it i would appreciate it

Created an account on the forum just to post the solution. It turns out the issue lies on the Linux version of tModLoaderServer. You must either use Windows or use mono-complete package. The solution was found on the mods GitHub page.

In general, to solve the issue you need to:
1. Make a backup of all saves.
2. Download and install mono-complete form the mono-project.com.
3. Remove all System.*.dll files from the tModLoader folder.
4. Start the server with `mono tModLoaderServer.exe`

If you follow these instructions the hole problem should dissapear (at least it did for me)

I have been having the same problem on Windows, however; in multiplayer, the storage is 0/0, but in single player, it works fine. For my friend, (not sure which operating system he’s using, think it’s Windows), the chunk around did appear to be missing for him. I even tried using the Remote Storage Accesses and spreading my items in 5 sets of 5 Blue Chlorophyte Storage things around the world, but to no avail.

Does anyone know how to convert or add an additional tiletype to the StorageConnector?
Having one connector passing through a wall will ruin that structure in terms of being a suitable house.

Back
Top Bottom