Official The End of the Journey - The Beginning for Terraria: Journey's End Out Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Launch Day, Terrarians... and welcome to Journey's End!

This update has been a labor of love, tirelessly worked on by our team over a good while, and we truly feel that it brings Terraria to the next level, to a place where the core game can finally be called "complete". From new ways to play the game to over 1000 new items to find and craft to new bosses to challenge and even a full-pass review of all content of the game for balance, graphic quality, and mechanics - truly, Journey's End has something for everyone. We cannot wait to see your reactions as you dive in to all that this update has to offer, and we hope that you thoroughly enjoy our gift to you. It has been an amazing journey indeed... but we truly feel that this end is really just a new beginning for the amazing world of Terraria.

So, what awaits you in Journey's End? In case you missed our advance Terraria: Journey's End Changelog post last Thursday, we have linked it below for your reading pleasure. Also located in today's post are where and how to report bugs as well as other important information that you may find interesting.

As a reminder, Mac/Linux optimizations, additional Localization, and the Vanity Contest winners will be added in a post-launch update.

index.php

THERE & BACK AGAIN: A SUMMARY OF TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END (OFFICIAL CHANGELOG)
(Click the text above to head over and read!)

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END FAQ/GUIDE CENTRAL
(Click the text above to answer all of your burning questions!)

index.php

EPIC TERRARIA GOLF MAPS FOR DOWNLOAD NOW

Want to see what all Terraria Golf has to offer? Check out the link below to download one (or all) of three killer golf maps hand-crafted by our beta testers - including courses created by some of the most talented builders across the Terraria community.

OFFICIAL JOURNEY'S END GOLF MAP STARTER KIT

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END BUG/ISSUE REPORTING AND FEEDBACK

Having an issue? Found a nasty bug that you want us to squash? We are here for you!

While the team will be searching far and wide all over the Community, the best place to report bugs is right here on TCF!

View attachment 270753

To be sure that we can find and fix your Terraria 1.4 bugs as quickly as possible, be sure to include the following information:

Terraria Version #
Operating System
Single vs Multiplayer
Controls Used

Also, the more details that you can provide about your issue, how it occurred, etc. the better!

While you are here, do you like balance discussion? We've made a lot of changes in this update, and we are considering more changes in the upcoming hotfix updates. If you have some thoughts on balance changes, feel free to check out the Official Balance/Feedback Thread!

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END COVER ART WALLPAPERS - A SPECIAL GIFT FROM RE-LOGIC TO YOU!

The Re-Logic Team is thrilled to be able to share our amazing Journey's End cover art - courtesy of our very own @Jimmarn! Our team feels like this epic panorama really captures how we - and you, our community - feel with this release finally being out in the wild. A time to reflect on all that has been accomplished as much as a time to prepare for what is next!

Jim has created three versions of this art for everyone to enjoy (Day - Night - Sunset). Each of these are now available for download on the Media page of Terraria.org, via the link below. Alternatively, you can click the cover art below to be whisked away to the download page so that you can grab the wallpaper(s) that you want and then proudly display Journey's End on your PC or Mobile Device!

TERRARIA.ORG MEDIA PAGE
View attachment 270574

Enemies in the dungeon seem to be unable to spawn on conveyor belts... Is this intentional or a bug?

When are they gonna update console? I mean I paid money for the game.. so why is my game inferior? A month after desktop update and what Im getting from 505 is "we don't have a timetable for console update" 😡

When are they gonna update console? I mean I paid money for the game.. so why is my game inferior? A month after desktop update and what Im getting from 505 is "we don't have a timetable for console update" 😡
I kind of want to say calm down Karen, but I don't know you enough to say that. However I slightly do agree with you. My one and only question is if you have a computer why not buy it here?

i knew i was gonna get backlash on this but ive always been a console guy since atari. i have a work cpu and a play ps4 so i got it on that... again back to the original point. i paid for the game, give me the same luxuries you give desktop. Not being unfair am I?

i knew i was gonna get backlash on this but ive always been a console guy since atari. i have a work cpu and a play ps4 so i got it on that... again back to the original point. i paid for the game, give me the same luxuries you give desktop. Not being unfair am I?
The main developpers of the game, Re-logic, only work on the PC version. The other versions are ported by other teams, in this case Pipeworks. This means they're not being developped at the same time, so you have to wait for them to port the update to console after it's been released on PC. It took more than a year for Re-logic to make Journey's End (3 years actually if you consider the time between 1.3.5 and 1.4), so you can't expect Pipeworks to code it in under a month.

Understandable. Sorry I'm a noob. I thought about buying the desktop version and streaming it through my tv and I thought back to how many countless hours I spent farming things like the wisp in a bottle and biome keys, and I just am not looking forward to doing that again. But then again, I guess thats half the "fun" lol of the game

75" tv beats a 12" laptop screen..
Personally I've run my laptop through my tv before with a spare keyboard and mouse, not gonna tell you how to play though. I understand the frustration of not having simultaneous releases, had to wait like that in the past. Though I will say, in reference to having a 'inferior game' at least you're not on the old gen consoles. They're not getting updates period. And about the grinding, yeah, it's a slog. I will never panic like I did when I realised I threw my rod of discord. Having to grind that out twice is not fun.

Understandable. Sorry I'm a noob. I thought about buying the desktop version and streaming it through my tv and I thought back to how many countless hours I spent farming things like the wisp in a bottle and biome keys, and I just am not looking forward to doing that again. But then again, I guess thats half the "fun" lol of the game
I believe there is a way to transfer the save I'm not sure, but maybe look into that. Trust me I was plenty upset when my original save and world got yeeted out of existence, but I restarted and still had tons of fun.

Personally I've run my laptop through my tv before with a spare keyboard and mouse, not gonna tell you how to play though. I understand the frustration of not having simultaneous releases, had to wait like that in the past. Though I will say, in reference to having a 'inferior game' at least you're not on the old gen consoles. They're not getting updates period. And about the grinding, yeah, it's a slog. I will never panic like I did when I realised I threw my rod of discord. Having to grind that out twice is not fun.

maybe i was extremely unlucky but it took me 6 hours to get the wisp (which is inferior to my equipment now, but im a completionist). no way am i going thru that again lol. i still havent gotten a rod of discord. i gave up on that a long time ago

I believe there is a way to transfer the save I'm not sure, but maybe look into that. Trust me I was plenty upset when my original save and world got yeeted out of existence, but I restarted and still had tons of fun.
i dont think saves are transferable cross platform. if im wrong on this, that would solve half the problem

Just when The End of Journey update released, I started to go back playing Terraria from beginning :dryadgrin: .
Things sure have change a lot.
And just when I am in self-quarantine during pandemic which means I can play much longer.
Also thank you very much for the big update and new contents!
:dryadgrin:

maybe i was extremely unlucky but it took me 6 hours to get the wisp (which is inferior to my equipment now, but im a completionist). no way am i going thru that again lol. i still havent gotten a rod of discord. i gave up on that a long time ago
Dang. After I defeated plantera/golem ,don't remember which one upgrades dungeon, my first visit I got black belt, tabi, inferno fork, wisp and bottle, and about 15 ectoplasm. Also, this trip was about 10-20 minutes and in mastermode.

Dang. After I defeated plantera/golem ,don't remember which one upgrades dungeon, my first visit I got black belt, tabi, inferno fork, wisp and bottle, and about 15 ectoplasm. Also, this trip was about 10-20 minutes and in mastermode.
Also, I've defeated moon lord 8 times and still haven't gotten starwrath. I kinda getting bored at this point cause it's a repreated process. Can anyone help?

Also, I've defeated moon lord 8 times and still haven't gotten starwrath. I kinda getting bored at this point cause it's a repreated process. Can anyone help?

lol thats the first drop i got. took me forever to get the portal sentry. dunno what its called😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom