PS4 How do I adjust the safe area on terraria?

Okay, let me be honest. There are loads of forums about this issue. And none of them actually correlate with my issue. They say “adjust your picture settings on your tv remote.” But I don’t see the point of doing that when every other single game I own has a perfect safe area. So does my PS4 home screen, actually. My TV has the correct settings for my safe area. But for some unearthly reason, there is a giant black border on terraria. And I know this is a problem wth the game and not my tv because when it’s at the loading screen it fits perfectly but when I’m at the UI (Menu) There is a giant black border around terraria. I’m not sure why or how because this has never happened before, it just decides to now. So I’m hopeless, I have looked through the settings. No option to adjust the safe area. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.
F5B13B55-E428-460D-A02F-15142C313B7B.jpeg

Could you post a pic of what it looks like both with and without the black border when playing Terraria?

I don't know how to say exactly what I want to say but my guess to the limited screen size of the game may be the way it is to prevent you from seeing a NPC spawning. the spawning basics on the wiki may help you understand what I want to tell you. being able to show more tiles on screen and see a NPC spawn could break immersion (as I see it) so Pipeworks (assuming this is intentional game design) has limited the game to only display in a resolution that "works" (most likely at 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels).

Explaining things is hard.

I don't know how to say exactly what I want to say but my guess to the limited screen size of the game may be the way it is to prevent you from seeing a NPC spawning. the spawning basics on the wiki may help you understand what I want to tell you. being able to show more tiles on screen and see a NPC spawn could break immersion (as I see it) so Pipeworks (assuming this is intentional game design) has limited the game to only display in a resolution that "works" (most likely at 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels).

Explaining things is hard.
What doesn’t make sense about that is that the game isn’t getting cut off by the black borders, the game is its normal shape, but the black borders make the screen smaller if you get what I mean

You could alter the display ratios on your TV (often under "Zoom" or "aspect ratio") until you find one that doesn't do this.
I could do that, thank you all for your help it was nice to know people will actually help people with stuff like this.

What doesn’t make sense about that is that the game isn’t getting cut off by the black borders, the game is its normal shape, but the black borders make the screen smaller if you get what I mean
That's his point. Terraria has a limited size so that enemies can appear off screen and that size seems to be smaller than the current aspect ratio of your TV so it's filling in the edges with a black border.
I could do that, thank you all for your help it was nice to know people will actually help people with stuff like this.
Happy to :happy:
On another note, please read our forum rules and as double posting actually isn't allowed. If you're unfamiliar with forums you can read our User Guide to learn the basics. :)

Back
Top Bottom