THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that was uncalled for.. someone needs to get off his high horse.
Hey he's developing this by himself. He's only asking that others clarify their role to prevent confusion.

Someone else, who's not actually coding this thing, might promise that some feature is easy to add when it's not or they describe some existing feature incorrectly and people could become frustrated with TiberberiumFusion who's actually digging in there and making this when he had nothing to do with the promise or comment.

Last edited:
That's what I was assuming. I only mentioned that bit in my message so that it's clear I had tried every possible tweak at the current stage. Just like I've messed with Clairvoyance and Sugar Rush stats for the time being. I hope that bit didn't come off as if I was reporting a flaw, or something.

Thank you for going through them, and apologies for suggesting things that would be asking for too much. You clearly know the internals of the game better than most, so sorry again for throwing more difficult tasks in there.

Can't find post again about the buff potions that don't run out, played around with making something like it when I first saw the post, then I forgot about the post... even though I got the staffs working lol.
Anyway, whoever it was, you can just change bufftype on a summoner staff along with disabling anything got to do with it being a summoner staff. :p
As its a weapon, its not consumable, and yeah, this likely works with any weapon... or anything really, just need to slap on useStyle, useTime and useAnimation on it (so it can be used) though of course, don't use something that's normally consumable. I just used summoner staffs because best fitting one(, but entirely possible nothing else works, as it could be the item needs to provide a buff normally, so it could be between summoner staffs, vanity pets and light pets, the latter two can't be equipped after doing this though).

BuffSummon.PNG

(That's for Shine)
Not shown in picture above but need to Force Change Attribute and add BuffTime on the right side too, buffs only have a duration of 60 seconds when there is no bufftime listed.
36000 = 10 minutes.
Not needed if the buff normally is constant, like if you were to put Dryad's Blessing on the staff for example, it will be a persistent buff, as if you had a pocket Dryad with you that constantly used her buff/attack thing. :p
Obviously doesn't do the ring though, just gives you the buff lul.

Best thing? Because "summon" is set to false, Quick Buff works with them, I don't know why it does but, I'm gonna go ahead and assume the code for quick buff is written in a way where so long as an item has a buffType that's normally from a buff potion/food and isn't considered a weapon or anything then, it will work with Quick Buff. :p
Oh and, obvious but -- don't modify anything you might want to use at some point, as the weapon/item will be entirely unusable afterwards (so long as the tweak is in effect of course lmao). :p

Last edited:
I'm Having an issue where the tweaks folder is empty, even though a tweak list has been created. I've tried uninstalling the program, but nothing seems to be working. I also looked in the logs, and saw that there were multiple errors when trying to create a tweak list. also something about "terrariatweakerwashere" missing or something. Please help in anyway you can.

So I was poking around some of the tweaks to familiarize myself before the major update, but then I found this gem.

I tweaked slimes to have their AI style set to passive (ID is 7) using freestyle Darwin tool, then it just completely b r o k e n the slimes. So you know when sometimes slimes randomly have something inside them that drops when they die like ores or potions? Well somehow, making them passive kind of broke the system and just made the random drops mechanic to go haywire. It turned all of the regular slimes into a Mariokart item box. They will always drop something random, may it be pre-HM or endgame. On second thought this sounds good for a quick randomizer playthrough

TT2[ConvGif].gif

(Note the slimes' item inside them keeps on morphing as if they possess ultimate power)

Last edited:
I also forgot to tell you, but apologies for the given misconception (Even though some may say this is some unwritten rules in any forum). I think putting the memo up with the main post would inform future users as to minimize things like this happening again.

Could you do a grey and orange zapinator uber upgrade?

Its projectiles also behave erratically. Upon striking an enemy, the laser beam can do any of the following:

• Pierce the enemy (Yes)
  • Change speed, either accelerating dramatically or coming to a near-complete stop (near complete stop yes)
  • Teleport to a new location (sometimes teleporting onto the enemy it just struck multiple times in a row, chaining damage) (teleport onto enemy yes)
  • Change orientation (not sure)
  • Create another beam (yes)
  • Deal massive knockback (enough to launch enemies offscreen) (maybe)
  • Deal 5-10x damage (10x)
  • Gain the ability to pass through blocks (yes)

The Orange Zapinator's projectiles also behave erratically. Upon striking an enemy, the laser beam can do one of the following:

• Pierce the enemy (yes)
  • Change speed, either accelerating dramatically or coming to a near-complete stop (near complete stop yes)
  • Teleport to a new location (teleport onto enemy yes)
  • Change orientation (not sure)
  • Create another beam (yes)
  • Deal massive knockback (enough to launch enemies offscreen) (maybe)
  • Deal massive damage (enough to one-shot some bosses) (one shot)
  • hmmm does orange not have the ability to pass through blocks or did they forget to add it to the wiki i wonder
also hows your playthough, anywhere near the zenith yet?

Ok, I did it in portable mode, and nothing appeared again. I dont have any viruses or strict permissions. the launcher worked at first to create a tweak list, then it crashed, and didnt allow me to make them anymore.

On top of the post of @Duskuro, It would be nice if the Uber upgrade tweaks also have an option to access all the other attributes the freestyle tweak has, since you can't freestyle an item with an Uber upgrade due to double-modding, usually locking you out to only the Uber attribute options.

To clarify further, take the Hellwing bow for example. What if I wanted to make the special attribute of the hell-bats fired homing, but also want to change other attributes such as changing it's damage class or the projectile it turns wooden arrows into?

Need of a little help here.

I want to make potions non-consumable (Does not use up, basically unlimited use), but since the consumable attribute hasn't been added (yet?), I can't seem to find a way around it, maybe you fellow tweakers have found a solution? I also have trauma from tweaking potions since changing almost any attribute from it crashes the game, so do you also know any attribute landmines that doesn't result in a crash?

Can't find post again about the buff potions that don't run out, played around with making something like it when I first saw the post, then I forgot about the post... even though I got the staffs working lol.
Anyway, whoever it was, you can just change bufftype on a summoner staff along with disabling anything got to do with it being a summoner staff. :p
As its a weapon, its not consumable, and yeah, this likely works with any weapon... or anything really, just need to slap on useStyle, useTime and useAnimation on it (so it can be used) though of course, don't use something that's normally consumable. I just used summoner staffs because best fitting one(, but entirely possible nothing else works, as it could be the item needs to provide a buff normally, so it could be between summoner staffs, vanity pets and light pets, the latter two can't be equipped after doing this though).

View attachment 280035
(That's for Shine)
Not shown in picture above but need to Force Change Attribute and add BuffTime on the right side too, buffs only have a duration of 60 seconds when there is no bufftime listed.
36000 = 10 minutes.
Not needed if the buff normally is constant, like if you were to put Dryad's Blessing on the staff for example, it will be a persistent buff, as if you had a pocket Dryad with you that constantly used her buff/attack thing. :p
Obviously doesn't do the ring though, just gives you the buff lul.

Best thing? Because "summon" is set to false, Quick Buff works with them, I don't know why it does but, I'm gonna go ahead and assume the code for quick buff is written in a way where so long as an item has a buffType that's normally from a buff potion/food and isn't considered a weapon or anything then, it will work with Quick Buff. :p
Oh and, obvious but -- don't modify anything you might want to use at some point, as the weapon/item will be entirely unusable afterwards (so long as the tweak is in effect of course lmao). :p

:p

@Kats Oh yeah, I guess I could slap it on some useless stuff like decorative banners and depending on the next update, will be changing it's sprite id similar to that potion. Now to think of what item to sacrifice . . .

(But for now, I'm probably gonna sit this one out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom