tModLoader DNI Equipment Upgrade

The mod seems to not know how to handle dark grey (junk) rarity items, for example the Heirloom Weapons from Balance mod, and crashes when I try to put it in the upgrading interface. At least, this appears to be the problem.

OHH! I remember playing a lot with this mod in its 1.3 versions when I could barely reach +10 energized but now although I can reach +25 I must say that I have seen things that are going very wrong for me
1 ♥ Although I do not think you can do something because maybe it is just how the other mods work I will mention it in case I am wrong some weapons go fatal when they get very fast and lose dps because they do not launch all projectiles (clock gatlignum: Calamity) or buged (vortexian onyx: echoes of the Ancients) loses the onyx fragment, due to this I am forced to leave my weapons at only 15+ for not ruining them
2 ♥ when i play in calamity the post-moon lord tier is it possible to fortify? I could not improve anything that I like when they asked me for something (minigun) I needed "energy magnificent" but I did not use it, I was forced to use only phantom catalysts
3 ♥ buffer catalyst don't have crafting!!

sorry my bad googletranslate :<

QQ截图20200512221105.png

I don't know where is wrong armor upgrade will not be promoted properties (ps: I'm sorry my English is not very good you can see the sentence given by the translation machine XD)

Hello, I've been having issues with the exstentions, mostly with the weapon exstentions, as due to the maximum buff a weapon can get is only 10%, im not picky about that, but when the lowest is -20%, this causes a few issues, mostly with the "randomness' of it, your more likely to get a debuff than a buff with the weapons and this has been causing me a few painful issues

I've been trying to get a sword to get a flat 10% crit chance with the day time and night time versions as well, just to go for the max crit challenge iv been trying to do, but it appears if you get a... lets say 10% crit during day time, it will cause all other rolls involving crit to be 9 or below, its not bad, but considering i was hoping to stack the three so i could get a average 20% crit chance at all times, iv also noticed, this may just may be me being bias/angery as i've been at this for about a few hours now. Getting one buff will cause other buffs with similar effects to be auto nerfed or at least less likely to be drawed from the pool, at least with a positive number.

also, i dont think the "when moving/standing still" buffs are all that useful, the only one worth getting is the "while moving" as i dont think anyone is willing to stand still with skeletron prime bum rushing them.

anyways, as a few fixes to makes things less enraging, please either increase the buff strength to 20 or reduce the debuff to 10, so that way at least you can get a 50/50 chance of getting a decent buff, then either remove the "when standing still/moving" buff as its fair to say that the movement one is most likely better than the standing still one. anyways, thanks, and PLEASE consider this, I'm sick of spamming that button over and over to see if i can even get a buff thats over 9% ;~;

and on a final note, maybe you can add a "auto-roller" mechanic, where you specify the one you want, like there would be three areas you can edit. for example, you could type:
10%
use speed
during day
And it would continuously roll until that buff appeared in any of the slots, it would just make it so that if your a bit too clicker happy you wont click over that super rare and expensive buff you where taking forever to grind out.

thanks and have a nice day, i hope to hear from ya soon.

Hi everyone, sorry for a very late reply. I've been dumped with so much work so I haven't had the time to go online here. My PC is currently broken and can't work on the mod as of now, and with the lockdown/pandemic going on in my country I can't get it fixed yet. Please be patient until I'm able to work on everyone's issues. Thank you!

Hi everyone, sorry for a very late reply. I've been dumped with so much work so I haven't had the time to go online here. My PC is currently broken and can't work on the mod as of now, and with the lockdown/pandemic going on in my country I can't get it fixed yet. Please be patient until I'm able to work on everyone's issues. Thank you!
sorry to hear that, hopefully this pandemic will be over soon, does dragon ball terraria work with this? or is it like battle rods?

I got my computer fixed yesterday and will slowly be able to work on this again! <3

hi there, the equipment hammer is working when i click it on the anvil, but for upgrading weapons no matter what hotkey i assign it to i cant open the weapon modding menu. ive tried u o and '
Kindly check your mod key settings. If you add the mod the first time it's unbound, but the default button to hold should be LeftShift.

is there a way to increase the success rate? changing the hotkey for my use item button to keep mashing to try to upgrade to +25 is tiresome and boring
None as of the moment, I'll try implementing an auto-roller function for this to make things less boring.

Extensite-infused mobs seems to be glitchy in MP some of then even vanish and still attack the player
I didn't seem to have any glitches of this kind during MP. Can you please try using mod without other mob-modifying mods?

The mod seems to not know how to handle dark grey (junk) rarity items, for example the Heirloom Weapons from Balance mod, and crashes when I try to put it in the upgrading interface. At least, this appears to be the problem.
Weird, I thought I fixed that problem already. Huh. I'll look into this.

OHH! I remember playing a lot with this mod in its 1.3 versions when I could barely reach +10 energized but now although I can reach +25 I must say that I have seen things that are going very wrong for me
1 ♥ Although I do not think you can do something because maybe it is just how the other mods work I will mention it in case I am wrong some weapons go fatal when they get very fast and lose dps because they do not launch all projectiles (clock gatlignum: Calamity) or buged (vortexian onyx: echoes of the Ancients) loses the onyx fragment, due to this I am forced to leave my weapons at only 15+ for not ruining them
2 ♥ when i play in calamity the post-moon lord tier is it possible to fortify? I could not improve anything that I like when they asked me for something (minigun) I needed "energy magnificent" but I did not use it, I was forced to use only phantom catalysts
3 ♥ buffer catalyst don't have crafting!!

sorry my bad googletranslate :<
1.) Someone in the Discord forums also told be about the speed issue, but I didn't know it was that bad for ranged weapons. I'll see what I can work on this
2.) The latest version of the mod should have Calamity jewels in it. Try to double-check if you have the latest version.
3.) I think I messed it up again, lol, I'll check.

View attachment 270619
I don't know where is wrong armor upgrade will not be promoted properties (ps: I'm sorry my English is not very good you can see the sentence given by the translation machine XD)
I assume you mean the Extensions. Check your key bindings and make sure the Toggle button is assigned (default is LeftShift) and hold it down while right clicking on the anvil.

Hello, I've been having issues with the exstentions, mostly with the weapon exstentions, as due to the maximum buff a weapon can get is only 10%, im not picky about that, but when the lowest is -20%, this causes a few issues, mostly with the "randomness' of it, your more likely to get a debuff than a buff with the weapons and this has been causing me a few painful issues

I've been trying to get a sword to get a flat 10% crit chance with the day time and night time versions as well, just to go for the max crit challenge iv been trying to do, but it appears if you get a... lets say 10% crit during day time, it will cause all other rolls involving crit to be 9 or below, its not bad, but considering i was hoping to stack the three so i could get a average 20% crit chance at all times, iv also noticed, this may just may be me being bias/angery as i've been at this for about a few hours now. Getting one buff will cause other buffs with similar effects to be auto nerfed or at least less likely to be drawed from the pool, at least with a positive number.

also, i dont think the "when moving/standing still" buffs are all that useful, the only one worth getting is the "while moving" as i dont think anyone is willing to stand still with skeletron prime bum rushing them.

anyways, as a few fixes to makes things less enraging, please either increase the buff strength to 20 or reduce the debuff to 10, so that way at least you can get a 50/50 chance of getting a decent buff, then either remove the "when standing still/moving" buff as its fair to say that the movement one is most likely better than the standing still one. anyways, thanks, and PLEASE consider this, I'm sick of spamming that button over and over to see if i can even get a buff thats over 9% ;~;

and on a final note, maybe you can add a "auto-roller" mechanic, where you specify the one you want, like there would be three areas you can edit. for example, you could type:
10%
use speed
during day
And it would continuously roll until that buff appeared in any of the slots, it would just make it so that if your a bit too clicker happy you wont click over that super rare and expensive buff you where taking forever to grind out.

thanks and have a nice day, i hope to hear from ya soon.
As discussed in Discord, I'll see what I can come up with your suggestion. It's a good idea though, thanks!

sorry to hear that, hopefully this pandemic will be over soon, does dragon ball terraria work with this? or is it like battle rods?
Not sure since I haven't really used the Dragon Ball Terraria mod. Though, as of the recent versions of this mod, it should be compatible with Battle Rods due to tModLoader updates.

---

Side note:
Thanks for keeping this mod alive even if I was dead without a computer for 2 months!

EDIT: Forgot to answer one question lol

so noticed something weird about the droprate (added mod post ml calamity phase of the game) i've gotten 150 energy runes 250 extensite and no jewels of magnification the jewels acording to linked info are suposed to be 4% droprate with 2 x1.5 multipliers (i assume those are additive not multiplicative) so basicallt 2 instances of +50% so the drop rate should be 8% (expert and hardmode) which means they should be droping 4 times as often as runes of energy with its 2% drop rate but even if the 1.5 multipliers aren't working for w/e reason the base rate of 4 is stil double the 2% rate for runes. the odds of a 2% thing happning 150 times while a 4% thing not happening at all is basically 0 edit. i have dbt instaled

Last edited:
I keep on forgetting to update the forum since I'm more active on Discord, but v1.8 is released!

---

### v1.8
* Fixed item rarity checking due to bug with junk rarity items
* Added auto-roller for Upgrade

### v1.7.2.2
* Fixed Extensions UI not showing the 4th Extension on armor

### v1.7.2.1
* Removed debug text when applying Extensions to items

### v1.7.2
* Fixed defense calculation for equipment
* Accidentally added EX to armor after a certain version, but now has an effect: an extra Extension slot!

### v1.7.1
* Migrated to tModLoader 0.11.7.5
* Fixed Buffer Catalyst recipe
* Disabled attack speed increase on ranged weapons for now
* Nerfed defense increase on ugpraded armor

---

so noticed something weird about the droprate (added mod post ml calamity phase of the game) i've gotten 150 energy runes 250 extensite and no jewels of magnification the jewels acording to linked info are suposed to be 4% droprate with 2 x1.5 multipliers (i assume those are additive not multiplicative) so basicallt 2 instances of +50% so the drop rate should be 8% (expert and hardmode) which means they should be droping 4 times as often as runes of energy with its 2% drop rate but even if the 1.5 multipliers aren't working for w/e reason the base rate of 4 is stil double the 2% rate for runes. the odds of a 2% thing happning 150 times while a 4% thing not happening at all is basically 0 edit. i have dbt instaled
Not sure about that. Can you try creating a new world and try from there?

@Joe Dolca Your issue with Heirloom items in Balance Mod should be fixed. Let me know otherwise!

@eduardokirbyfun Let me know if the auto-roll works properly ( Auto-Upgrade from Wiki )

Last edited:
Version 1.9 released!
S E L E C T I V E - E X T E N S I O N - L O C K I N G !

• Extension changes
    • Extension values are generally nerfed
    • Added selective Extension locking
    • Removed Occludite requirement
  • Occludite can be recrafted to Extensite
    • Will be removed next major version
  • Added Mod Config for customizing UI Text Colors

• Fixed Calamity item rarity checking

it turned out that spawning them in and throwing them on the ground picking them up and deleting them made them start spawning. no idea why though
So strange. Well, at least it worked.

I mean, does it increase minion count, knockback or just straight damage?
If you've checked the wiki (this is clickable), maybe you'll have an idea. :)

First of all: Hey there! Love the mod. It's nice to be able to keep the weapons I enjoy relevant for longer. (as well as give underpowered weapons a bit of a boost, such as when playing with Thorium+Calamity)

However, the newest version doesn't seem to want to load when loaded with Calamity and Thorium. Loads fine with only one of them loaded. Here's the error:
23131.png

I have that exact same error as well, plus it causes Smart Doors to break and force tMod to close itself. Something's wrong. I imagine it has to do with the current Thorium patch, because that thing is huge and the download takes forever.

Version 1.9.2 released!

---

### v1.9.2
* Fixed crash when both Calamity and Thorium are present
* Adjusted rarity of Thorium (Primordial) Magnificite

---

First of all: Hey there! Love the mod. It's nice to be able to keep the weapons I enjoy relevant for longer. (as well as give underpowered weapons a bit of a boost, such as when playing with Thorium+Calamity)

However, the newest version doesn't seem to want to load when loaded with Calamity and Thorium. Loads fine with only one of them loaded. Here's the error:View attachment 280109
I have the same issue. About to post it.
Here is some more info if it helps.
View attachment 280117
Thanks for the prompt report, guys. Issued has been fixed. Let me know if there are any other problems!

I have that exact same error as well, plus it causes Smart Doors to break and force tMod to close itself. Something's wrong. I imagine it has to do with the current Thorium patch, because that thing is huge and the download takes forever.
Not sure how it's related to Smart Doors, maybe it's because my mod stops loading due to crashes, but let me know in the latest version. :)

Thanks for the prompt report, guys. Issued has been fixed. Let me know if there are any other problems!

Thanks for the quick fix! As far as other problems go..Somewhat major one, actually: Trying to upgrade any Thorium item now seems to just crash to desktop. Items from vanilla, calamity, and other mods are unaffected. This was tested with only Thorium and DNI Weapon Upgrade enabled.

Here's the relevant info, or at least what I assume is the relevant info:

[01:00:48] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DNIWpnUpgr.DNIWpnUpgr.GetEquipRarity(Item item) in DNIWpnUpgr.cs:line 579
at DNIWpnUpgr.UI.WeaponUpgradeUI.CalculateSuccessRate() in DNIWpnUpgr\UI\WeaponUpgradeUI.cs:line 212
at DNIWpnUpgr.UI.WeaponUpgradeUI.ChangeText() in DNIWpnUpgr\UI\WeaponUpgradeUI.cs:line 264
at DNIWpnUpgr.UI.WeaponUpgradeUI.UIEquipSlot.DefaultClickAction(UIMouseEvent evt, UIElement listeningElement) in DNIWpnUpgr\UI\WeaponUpgradeUI.cs:line 622
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Click(UIMouseEvent evt)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Update(GameTime time)
at DNIWpnUpgr.DNIWpnUpgr.<ModifyInterfaceLayers>b__25_0() in DNIWpnUpgr.cs:line 464
at Terraria.UI.LegacyGameInterfaceLayer.DrawSelf()
at Terraria.UI.GameInterfaceLayer.Draw()
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

[01:00:49] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

[01:00:49] [1/ERROR] [Terraria]: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
[01:00:49] [1/FATAL] [Terraria]: Main engine crash
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.

Did another quick fix, I can get a lil stupid when changing numbers lol

---

### v1.9.2.1
* Fixed bug in Thorium item requirement for Blood Orange rarity

---

Thanks for the quick fix! As far as other problems go..Somewhat major one, actually: Trying to upgrade any Thorium item now seems to just crash to desktop. Items from vanilla, calamity, and other mods are unaffected. This was tested with only Thorium and DNI Weapon Upgrade enabled.

Here's the relevant info, or at least what I assume is the relevant info:
Weird. Tested it and it seems to work fine for me, doesn't seem to be crashing. What items did you try to use?

Back
Top Bottom