NPCs & Enemies Terra Blade upgrade before Zenith + More post-ML challenges in the form of enraged boss fights giving exclusive drops.

Which ideas would you like to see in game?

• Total voters

a31337

Terrarian
3 item suggestions in here. Empress of Light drops Terraprisma when fought entirely during daytime, aka when fought when enraged.

There are 2 bosses that I think should also have exclusive drops when enraged. Plantera and Duke Fishron. Golem doesn't feel any different when out of the temple, even in 1.4.0.5.
For Plantera - preferably a ranged weapon or bow that turns wooden arrows into pink petals, only obtainable if you deal 100% of your damage to Plantera above ground or out of the jungle.
Possible name: Evergreen Vigor
For Duke Fishron - a sentry summoner staff that summons a relatively big "Cthulhunado" and that fires sharknados at enemies, only obtainable if you deal 100% of your damage to Plantera in the underworld.
Possible name: Cthulhunado Staff

I don't have precise ideas for these weapons - but I think they'd be a neat addition. I don't mind if the drops turn out to be completely different from what I envisioned; but I would really appreciate if the two bosses offered a reward for beating their enraged versions.

As for the Terra Blade, I find it very sad that the self-proclaimed ultimate Terrarian sword, whose materials you grind from the very beginning of the game, is only really viable for Golem, after which the Influx Waver, an item you spend literally less than 30 minutes grinding for, surpasses it by a significant margin in both single and multi target. It should be upgradeable to a better, "True" version of the Terra Blade.

My idea is that you craft the True Terra Blade out of the Terra Blade, Influx Waver, The Horseman's Blade and Christmas Tree Sword, at a Hardmode Anvil. I have 2 concepts for the blade's attacking pattern.
1. The sword reuses the First Fractal's design, albeit with significantly lowered stats in order to match the Solar Eruption's damage.
- The sword fires Terra Blade like projectiles that don't home in on enemies.
- The initial projectiles spawn small green projectiles that hover in place before falling down as they travel, in Christmas Tree Sword's style
- Upon hitting an enemy, the projectiles proceed to attack it 2 to 3 more times in Influx Waver's style,
- Upon hitting an enemy, whether with projectiles or sword, additional Terra Blade like projectiles spawn from the sky in The Horseman's Blade's style that home in on enemies and pass through blocks. They don't have additional assigned attributes, but they deal 50% the original damage. They don't spawn from projectiles attacking the enemies in Influx Waver's style, nor do they attack enemies in such a way.
For this concept stats wise, I believe the True Terra Blade and Terra Blade's stats should not change, seeing how the additional attributes spawn so many damaging projectiles.

As of right now the Zenith is way too strong for its own good; it's made my master mode playthrough boring because it has such a high DPS, including against Pumpkin/Frost Moon invasions. I definitely think we should have fights that actually challenge its power.

3 item suggestions in here. Empress of Light drops Terraprisma when fought entirely during daytime, aka when fought when enraged.

There are 2 bosses that I think should also have exclusive drops when enraged. Plantera and Duke Fishron. Golem doesn't feel any different when out of the temple, even in 1.4.0.5.
For Plantera - preferably a ranged weapon or bow that turns wooden arrows into pink petals, only obtainable if you deal 100% of your damage to Plantera above ground or out of the jungle.
Possible name: Evergreen Vigor
For Duke Fishron - a sentry summoner staff that summons a relatively big "Cthulhunado" and that fires sharknados at enemies, only obtainable if you deal 100% of your damage to Plantera in the underworld.
Possible name: Cthulhunado Staff
These are fine. Needs more info like stats, but it is good.
My idea is that you craft the True Terra Blade out of the Terra Blade, Influx Waver, The Horseman's Blade and Christmas Tree Sword, at a Hardmode Anvil. I have 2 concepts for the blade's attacking pattern.
1. The sword reuses the First Fractal's design, albeit with significantly lowered stats in order to match the Solar Eruption's damage.
- The sword fires Terra Blade like projectiles that don't home in on enemies.
- The initial projectiles spawn small green projectiles that hover in place before falling down as they travel, in Christmas Tree Sword's style
- Upon hitting an enemy, the projectiles proceed to attack it 2 to 3 more times in Influx Waver's style,
- Upon hitting an enemy, whether with projectiles or sword, additional Terra Blade like projectiles spawn from the sky in The Horseman's Blade's style that home in on enemies and pass through blocks. They don't have additional assigned attributes, but they deal 50% the original damage. They don't spawn from projectiles attacking the enemies in Influx Waver's style, nor do they attack enemies in such a way.
For this concept stats wise, I believe the True Terra Blade and Terra Blade's stats should not change, seeing how the additional attributes spawn so many damaging projectiles.
This is basically the Zenith.

I'd just prefer if the Terra Blade got a buff to its stats. It's fine if it's just used directly as a Zenith ingredient (even if I find the Zenith somewhat disappointing) since the True Terra Blade idea is basically just the Zenith but with less steps, and getting the Zenith at all means you've basically mastered all the content the game has to offer on that world anyway. But they said before release that they'd give something cool to the Terra Blade due to it being power creeped by the Influx Waver only for it to not be changed at all in 1.4.

I'd just prefer if the Terra Blade got a buff to its stats. It's fine if it's just used directly as a Zenith ingredient (even if I find the Zenith somewhat disappointing) since the True Terra Blade idea is basically just the Zenith but with less steps, and getting the Zenith at all means you've basically mastered all the content the game has to offer on that world anyway. But they said before release that they'd give something cool to the Terra Blade due to it being power creeped by the Influx Waver only for it to not be changed at all in 1.4.
Yes, but their solution ended up in a final sword that combines every single melee weapon into one overpowered item that could kill Master ML in less than 10 seconds if you tried hard enough. That doesn't feel like an adequate solution. It's more looking back at your achievements than working for a powerful weapon. Once you get the Zenith the game has already been completed a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom