Mobile Invisible 'targets'

The True Destroyer

The Destroyer
Your Terraria Device
iPad Pro
Mobile OS
iOS 13.3.1
I was doing random garbage a few days ago when I saw the strangest thing I've ever had happen in Terraria. I'll get right to it.

It seems as if, in only one of my worlds, there are several invisible and immobile Target Dummy-like objects which can take damage. The strange part is, they only take melee damage, only are harmed by players and seem to take damage in different quantities. I struck them once with Bladed Glove and 5 different damage numbers read out, as if there were 5 hits. I stabbed them with copper shortswords and registered 2 hits. All other melee weapons I tried against them registered 1 hit per attack, as you'd expect. But the weird thing is, they seem only to be affected by melee weapons (and tools like picks, hammers etc.) but nothing else. I shot at them with a bow and 3 different bullet-firing guns and got no response. I threw a grenade and Molotov Cocktail, nothing. And the objects can't be removed, either. I tried swinging my pick to hit and break them, all that happened was damage numbers. I tried filling in the space they took with blocks, but I can't build in their space (seems they are 2x3, same dimensions as a player.) I also tried a Bomb (sticky to be exact,) the crater was made but the target thing stayed. I have no idea what these things are and I'm certain it's a bug.

Ok, oddly i can't attach a video ( "Oops! We ran into some problems." ) It won't let me attach a video in any other way, either, so could someone also help with that? I've got a recording which would certainly help in explaining the bug, but due to strange problems with the forums it's impossible to attach.

I was doing random garbage a few days ago when I saw the strangest thing I've ever had happen in Terraria. I'll get right to it.

It seems as if, in only one of my worlds, there are several invisible and immobile Target Dummy-like objects which can take damage. The strange part is, they only take melee damage, only are harmed by players and seem to take damage in different quantities. I struck them once with Bladed Glove and 5 different damage numbers read out, as if there were 5 hits. I stabbed them with copper shortswords and registered 2 hits. All other melee weapons I tried against them registered 1 hit per attack, as you'd expect. But the weird thing is, they seem only to be affected by melee weapons (and tools like picks, hammers etc.) but nothing else. I shot at them with a bow and 3 different bullet-firing guns and got no response. I threw a grenade and Molotov Cocktail, nothing. And the objects can't be removed, either. I tried swinging my pick to hit and break them, all that happened was damage numbers. I tried filling in the space they took with blocks, but I can't build in their space (seems they are 2x3, same dimensions as a player.) I also tried a Bomb (sticky to be exact,) the crater was made but the target thing stayed. I have no idea what these things are and I'm certain it's a bug.

Ok, oddly i can't attach a video ( "Oops! We ran into some problems." ) It won't let me attach a video in any other way, either, so could someone also help with that? I've got a recording which would certainly help in explaining the bug, but due to strange problems with the forums it's impossible to attach.
You can post the video link if you want, is it from your phone?

Eh, I found it too much trouble. Has anyone else had this video problem?
I seem to be able to use images, so i might take some still frames, though they aren't as effective.
I wouldn't be able to demonstrate pickaxe attempts or explosive use.

You could go in, from world spawn mark out which way to go and border these objects then upload the world file here.

Back
Top Bottom