Terraria State of the Game - June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this mean 1.4 for console is closer to its arrival? hope so!

more like it's inching closer to being worked on.

they're still working on 1.3.5 hot fixes and polish as well as adding in some QoL changes.

don't go expecting 1.4 to be out in the next few months, cause it doesn't sound like that is the case.

more like it's inching closer to being worked on.

they're still working on 1.3.5 hot fixes and polish as well as adding in some QoL changes.

don't go expecting 1.4 to be out in the next few months, cause it doesn't sound like that is the case.
;(, yeah, thats true, i guess i dont want it coming out with a million bugs, and problems, so better to wait longer (i was actually expecting it come out in the next few months but, whatever.)

"nih syndrome" can imply a lot of different specific motivations, care to be more specific?
I do not know how closely you followed the development of Otherworld, but you seem to have been around at the time. When it was announced back in 2015 as a joint venture between Re-Logic and Engine (Engine being the lead developer), I had high hopes. I knew Engine was a competent developer that understood console (I started playing Terraria on console in 2013 when it was released), and they really seemed to care about the game. The cluster:red: that was the console 1.2 release could have happened to anyone, they just didn't have enough QA at the time.

Then time went on and there weren't much news for a long time. Eventually it became clear that things had gone sour between Re-Logic and Engine. The lead designer was replaced at least once (or was it twice, can't remember), and eventually they announced that the joint had ended.

No one but the parties involved know for certain what happened. Maybe the game was a pile of :red:, or maybe it was too good and Re-Logic felt jealous/threatened. Some comments left here on the forum (can't seem to find those comments now) by Engine developer Mr. Rudi clearly indicated that they were beyond frustrated with Re-Logic.

We will probably never know what happened.

---

As for MY motivations for dropping a comment like that: I'm rather disappointed with 1.4. I was rather stoked for it, so it hurts all the more now. Terraria used to be a game where you could approach a problem in many different ways. Not anymore, you have to do it in the approved by Re-Logic way. For instance, you used to be able to substitute Brawn with Brains when fighting bosses. Not anymore, now it's all Brawn. The Twins made that abundantly clear to me. And if you are a notoriously unlucky person, farming used to be a viable method to get rare stuff. Not anymore, most farms are broken. For some there are workarounds (which I won't reveal as they will probably get patched real quick), but most people probably won't have the patience so they will just turn to Inventory Editors and All-Item-Worlds instead. I have pretty much stopped playing 1.4 now and I'm waiting for TML 1.4. Hopefully there will be mods that fix my grievances. If not I will have to make one myself (I really don't want to go down that rabbit hole again though).

Will you guys fix the Otherworld OST on Steam? Like someone said in this thread earlier, the entire OST has a 16kHz cutoff and it's in 128kbps MP3 quality. That is really bad. The songs themselves are really good, but the sound quality is just atrocious.

Nice!! Love that Lunatic Cultist animation. Is there anyway I can save it to my desktop to use elsewhere?

Edit: Should've read the latest comments. I see this has been sorted already. Thanks!

If I’m getting this straight, 1.4 is coming out on Xbox 1 soon??? FINALLY IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SENSE IT WAS TEASED

The Otherworld soundtrack released is nice. :D While I still like the Terraria animated stickers, I got bad Calarts vibes with the other non-CGI ones from other games, except GRIS And Halflife. I’m tired of such artstyle, like most.:rolleyes:

Duuuuuuude! That teaser trailer is looking NICE! I like where you are putting everything. Obviously they might not be quite a quick to get to, but if ya don't have a keyboard, ya kinda have to live with it. I love the way you are doing the research menu there.
Also, please do not change the crafting menu, I like Mobile's a lot better than PC's. It is way easier to see everything you can craft.
I can see emote menu too. What about Bestiary? It seems like to me that it wouldn't change a whole lot from the way PC does it, as on PC it covers the entire screen, and you can't use controls until you get out. Similar concept on Mobile?
Also, the button for that would go well either in the inventory or by the emote menu.
Filter buttons for Research Menu? I guess that and the search bar would probably be a little harder, and this is pretty early in the stages of development.
Thanks for all your great work!

Great stuff! I have listened to Terraria: Otherworld's soundtrack in the game via Party Girl, and it's a great listen. The new quality of life additions for console are a very welcome change too.

I really like the console edition, but there is one thing that has really bothered me ever since the 1.3 update was released on it, and that is overscan. Lots of important UI elements are cut off the edge of the screen on my TV, like my mana meter, the toggles for the minimap on the right of the accessory slots, and the leftmost inventory slots. Nowhere in my TV's settings is there an option to get rid of overscan, and trust me... I've looked. Everywhere. Repeatedly.

So... I was just wondering if as part of these quality of life changes we're going to have a screen size or "Safe Zone" setting?

Btw, this is the first time I've posted in a couple years. I should probably post more.

Great stuff! I have listened to Terraria: Otherworld's soundtrack in the game via Party Girl, and it's a great listen. The new quality of life additions for console are a very welcome change too.

I really like the console edition, but there is one thing that has really bothered me ever since the 1.3 update was released on it, and that is overscan. Lots of important UI elements are cut off the edge of the screen on my TV, like my mana meter, the toggles for the minimap on the right of the accessory slots, and the leftmost inventory slots. Nowhere in my TV's settings is there an option to get rid of overscan, and trust me... I've looked. Everywhere. Repeatedly.

So... I was just wondering if as part of these quality of life changes we're going to have a screen size or "Safe Zone" setting?

Btw, this is the first time I've posted in a couple years. I should probably post more.
I'm pretty sure there is a way to make the UI smaller.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to make the UI smaller.

I think I have tried that before, but some UI is still cut off. All it does is make it bigger or smaller.

Edit: I should also elaborate that while the problem still exists in single player, it's mainly in split screen I have major issues with overscan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom