Map-Survival Skyblock (Vanilla)

A couple more screenies of my playthrough!

Defeated the Eater of Worlds!
20200624005752_1.jpg

Aaaaaand then that meteor that spawned from killing EoW had to land in the worst spot possible...
20200624010814_1.jpg

I'm lucky that the sandgun trick is now applicable in this map otherwise this would be more devastating. I ended up placing a bunch of chests with a single hay block in them after fixing this up, just to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

One screenie this time!

Underground Jungle arena and Jungle farms, hopefully when all the grass is grown the arena will be considered underground jungle all the way through it. The arena is for Queen Bee and later on Plantera.

20200625021258_1.jpg

Still need to make a 2nd jungle farm to the left of the arena, and make some more jungle areas for potential clorophyte to spawn on come hardmode, but I'm getting it all set up. The mud is really easy to get with the dirt bomb trick when you can dig up all the dirt with the gravedigger shovel + mining speed buffs and items.

Is this map playable by 2 players? Or is it single player only?

Should be able to play it, might have to juggle the water bucket around though, at least until you get enough iron/lead for more buckets.

Last edited:
Where can i find basic ores? I founded all gems and researched them but not ores
Is there a magic sword shrine in thw world OwO?

Last edited:
Where can i find basic ores? I founded all gems and researched them but not ores
Is there a magic sword shrine in thw world OwO?

Theres no ore or a sword shrine but there are other means to get them.

Crates from fishing are how you get ores.
Enchanted Swords can be obtained from Golden Crates or Titanium Crates with a 1 in 50 chance. These crates are also how you get Life Crystals, at a 1 in 15 chance per crate.
Yes, it's going to be very grindy, with alot of fishing involved, get the angler and do quests for the golden fishing rod (and other fishing aids) ASAP.

Maybe. Unfortunately, the map relies on an expert/master mode exclusive mechanic to function. I am working on a solution, but it's not as simple as swapping difficulties in TEdit.
Isn't it possible to create a Journey Mode map and let the player toggle the difficulty?

Theres no ore or a sword shrine but there are other means to get them.

Crates from fishing are how you get ores.
Enchanted Swords can be obtained from Golden Crates or Titanium Crates with a 1 in 50 chance. These crates are also how you get Life Crystals, at a 1 in 15 chance per crate.
Yes, it's going to be very grindy, with alot of fishing involved, get the angler and do quests for the golden fishing rod (and other fishing aids) ASAP.
2Day of playing the map:
I got the enough crates duplied them and get basic ores
I made an artificial desert biome
Made some some houses and defeated King Slime
Love earring but your playthroughs! Good luck!
This seems like a great challenge, maybe I’ll try it out.

Just posting more of my play session of this map.

After getting 300hp and grinding bee queen a bit, I use a combination of beenades and the bees knees to defeat skeletron.
20200703033934_1.jpg

I proceed to ender the dungeon proper.
...and immediately stumble upon a lone hellforge.
20200703034217_1.jpg

and a secret room hiding in the wall.
20200703034235_1.jpg

oh and this spot I had to open up later with actuators.
20200703043649_1.jpg

Dungeons pretty tiny, and only one wall type(blue armored bones one), so RIP getting inferno fork or spectre staff.
Next I play it'll be the great dungeon grind, namely for the tally counter and for dungeon crates to get the cobalt shield. So far only got two magic missiles and an aqua scepter from the few dungeon crates I've fished.

After getting 300hp and grinding bee queen a bit, I use a combination of beenades and the bees knees to defeat skeletron.
View attachment 281794
View attachment 281795
View attachment 281796
View attachment 281797
Dungeons pretty tiny, and only one wall type(blue armored bones one), so RIP getting inferno fork or spectre staff.
Next I play it'll be the great dungeon grind, namely for the tally counter and for dungeon crates to get the cobalt shield. So far only got two magic missiles and an aqua scepter from the few dungeon crates I've fished.
That’s sad, oh well good luck!

View attachment 281794
View attachment 281795
View attachment 281796
View attachment 281797

The dungeon wall type does not prohibit rusty and fire themed enemies from spawning. It simply raises the spawn rate of blue armored bones and friends. So it is possible to get the other types of skeletons, they are just rarer due to the fact that they have a comparatively low spawn rate. So you dreams of Inferno fork and Spectre staff can live on. :)

More screenies.

Starting off with doing some dungeon fishing shortly after farming the tally counter(which got me PDA)
20200703181704_1.jpg

Thankfully it didn't take too many dungeon crates to get the items of my search, the Cobalt Shield and Shadow Key. Too bad hellstone bars don't exist in this map, no phoenix blaster this time around.
20200703183044_1.jpg

Made a lava pond for obsidian crates shortly after returning to the underworld to collect lava bait. The lava fishing has gotten me a couple obsdian crates, both which gave me the items I wanted the most, being Hellwing Bow and Treasure Magnet, I'll likely still lava fish until I have flamelash and sunfury though, that and I want the lavaproof hook.
20200703194846_1.jpg

The obsidian crates also got me wet bombs, which allowed me to infinitely buy more from the demolitionist, I finished up my ocean with them, filling it up nicely. :)
Also made a home area for the pylon.
20200703203436_1.jpg

20200703203441_1.jpg

That's all for now! It's likely going to be a while before I update again, especially since I have to now grind to 400HP off golden crate luck, build a massive roof above the underworld so the wall of flesh fight doesn't break and then make the actual bridge for that fight. There's also some other stuff I need to get like Ivy Whip still.

Back
Top Bottom