tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the fantastic folk here said, it is ok, we now this need time. And you are a perfectionist.
Jokes aside about patience or not, we have plenty. Thanks for the info and dont worry to much.
This will be our fun, but you know... it is your project, your little baby, so whenever you want Scoot. I will wait.
Hugs
♡♡♡
n_n b

PD: Think the same ShadowTiger about the music. All are remarkable and unforgetable. The game could have been very diferent without it. From the ambient of the sectors to the upbeat of the bosses, serris, nightmare, the spider (Yakuza IIRC) The encounters with the SA-X were super tense.
It get my atention everytime what they did with the limitations of the GBA.
Same with other platforms, some of my fav OSTs are from GB, GBA, SNES...
Like Zelda Oracles/Awakening/AlttP, Metroid Fusion/Super, Pokemon 2nd/3rd gen, Mario Land 2/Wario Land 3, Kirby Super Star and Amazing Mirror... and a large etc...

Last edited:
The general rule for mod development (and programming in general) is twice as long as the original ETA, so when Scooterboot said
All I can say is it'll release this year (2019). I can't specify exactly when this year, due to my real life being a bit chaotic every once in awhile.
that means that he still has until mid November (2020). He's still making better pace than Super Metroid 2 Metroid 64 Metroid Prime

The general rule for mod development (and programming in general) is twice as long as the original ETA, so when Scooterboot said

that means that he still has until mid November (2020). He's still making better pace than Super Metroid 2 Metroid 64 Metroid Prime
Did they want to make a Super Metroid 2?! And a Metroid 64!?
I always wanted that Super Metroid fan game to be completed, I mean SR388. It was insane.
And I imagined a Metroid 64 like a Megaman 64 kinda game, dont know if you did see/play it.

feel like playing tapi metroid mod so i will
actually nvm it requires me to install a pirated copy of terraria 1.2 and i'd rather not risk it

Last edited:
feel like playing tapi metroid mod so i will
actually nvm it requires me to install a pirated copy of terraria 1.2 and i'd rather not risk it

By order of the Tunnel King you're not allowed to share on this forum whether or not the following works for you.

risk what exactly?

Criminal activity

I would like to as something, there will be enemies from metroid games? Like the metroid itself?
If so how would they spawn? There will be statues to spawn them via wire like some enemies do?

I would like to as something, there will be enemies from metroid games? Like the metroid itself?
If so how would they spawn? There will be statues to spawn them via wire like some enemies do?
Yes, there will be enemies, such as Geemers, Sidehoppers, and even Metroids. They spawn in the same manner as normal Terraria mobs, and balancing their spawn-rates is one of the things holding up development currently.

However, we do not have statues for any of the enemies yet, but that's planned for a future update.

I've got a question.

Is this mod going to maybe include craftable Super Metroid-type blocks? I saw an old video on YouTube of a mod that has things like shutter blocks that you can place together, then shoot the sensor to open, but that was some 700hours person's account, and the video was at least 5 years old.

It'd be fun, even if only for personal use rather than as part of world generation. Got Super Metroid on the brain here. 😬
1595054060394.png
1595054035061.png

Last edited:
Oh and out of curiosity, will the bosses from before like Serris and others show cased be included in the mods future release?

Keep up the good work, the galaxy is at peace!

I've got a question.

Is this mod going to maybe include craftable Super Metroid-type blocks? I saw an old video on YouTube of a mod that has things like shutter blocks that you can place together, then shoot the sensor to open, but that was some 700hours person's account, and the video was at least 5 years old.

It'd be fun, even if only for personal use rather than as part of world generation. Got Super Metroid on the brain here. 😬
View attachment 283503 View attachment 283502
Yes, release will have craftable hatches and a little bit of worldgen that uses them.

Oh and out of curiosity, will the bosses from before like Serris and others show cased be included in the mods future release?

Keep up the good work, the galaxy is at peace!
Serris and Phantoon are still included.

Good to know about the blocks. Definitely going to need them when this gets released, because the madness is seeping in.

I wanted something fancier than just another hellevator (though I'm putting one below anyway because I'm not rebuilding all of Zebes), so now,
I've got a chunk of the green Brinstar vertical shaft,Capture 2020-07-19 14_32_43.png
this side path,Capture 2020-07-19 14_25_35.png
and a save room,Capture 2020-07-19 09_41_56.png
though I backlit that with gemspark walls behind the foreground blocks for a snapshot to show elsewhere.

Having some nice-looking Metroid-style plant and stone blocks would be great.

🤔 Maybe some altered versions of logic sensors could be included too, like a wider version of the player-detecting one
Logic_Sensor_%28Player_Above%29.png
, for if someone ever made a speed test like that side path with the shutters.

For world generation, I could see this mod borrowing an idea from Redemption, having some special blocks that are completely invulnerable to breaking via bombs, dynamite, or whatever else (and some craftable types that can still be broken, but only with a pickaxe). Those areas would provide the player a reward (maybe just a fun extra if not a necessity), which they can only receive if they have what they need to get to it.

😐 That's probably already on your minds though. We could just craft our beams and armor, but exploring and finding a few bits and pieces wouldn't be bad either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom