Terrarians, tell us your experience of how you became the player today

So for me, I was playing console with my friend, I didn’t know how to change smart cursor to the other cursor, I figured it out, and the house was already made, horrible, exited out, accidentally deleted the world, and I was so upset, but I think if I never deleted that world, I wouldn’t be here today beating moonlord on my 2nd 1.2 world, the 1st one was deleted...

My cousin played terraria and I was a little kid who though older people where always right so I played terraria and played since. And I also couldn't kill the 1.2 twins with a terra blade which made me grind the game (very exciting story wasn't it)

I got a disc for Xbox One from my friend for Christmas in 2016 or 2017. The memory's a bit hazy.
I had already beaten mobile 1.2, but my progress was pretty much demolished as my tablet got corrupted. I'm now exclusively on console and I plan to stay there until I get a PC.
I wish I could go back to the old days, there's so much of the game that I understand now.

I assume that if I didn't give up for several months, I could've beaten Ocram before February. Shame, 1.2 was far smoother than 1.3.

I got a disc for Xbox One from my friend for Christmas in 2016 or 2017. The memory's a bit hazy.
I had already beaten mobile 1.2, but my progress was pretty much demolished as my tablet got corrupted. I'm now exclusively on console and I plan to stay there until I get a PC.
I wish I could go back to the old days, there's so much of the game that I understand now.

I assume that if I didn't give up for several months, I could've beaten Ocram before February. Shame, 1.2 was far smoother than 1.3.
Hmmmm, I gave up on ocram just because I couldn’t be handle his fight, everything about him was horrible for me, I gotten mobile 1.2 first, then console and pc, now I love pc controls and everything, before I was like, what is this abomination, but 1.3 on pc I was like wow, wish I hadn’t cheated on my character back then

I remember watching my neighbour play Terraria 1.1. Things were so different then, with the most notable thing being hallowed armor required all 3 pieces of the previous tier armors(cobalt, mythril, adamantite). Mech bosses were the final bosses in the game, sky islands had locked golden chests and made of golden bricks, and there was no map.

I started playing the game myself at somewhere around 1.2.4, around the time fishing became a thing. Left a while until 1.3 came out, took so long to defeat the Moon Lord is normal mode, never completed expert fully (was too hard then) and again left after a while. Then Journey's End rolled out and I went with a master mode world. Was tough, but somehow it felt a lot easier than expert mode back then.

Terraria is the game that I've stuck with the longest. Known it since 1.1, playing it from 1.2.4... Almost 9 nine years.

I found Terraria through Tobuscus but I didn't end up buying it until a little later. I actually already knew a somewhat good amount of the game already prior to me playing it as I was frequently on the wiki and had watched Tobuscus' entire 500+ episode series on it. When I first played Terraria I thought it would be a cakewalk but it turns out there was still a lot of stuff I didn't know, though them mainly being miscellaneous. I first started playing Terrara during late 1.1 when 1.2 was around the corner. But I was still able to experience both the original Avalon and Necro mod for tConfig.

I still forget and mix up if 1.2 came out during either September or October though lol.

I first started playing with my family, then did more with my brother, eventually cheated and got items I didnt deserve from his friend. Around summer of last year, i finally beat the game. Around fall of last year, i decided to do my first legitimate playthrough. I regret nothing. Completed the game with every class individually, and one on expert, doing another expert with a friend, and a master alone

I first heard about it before the very first version was released. I was seeing screenshots of a block-based 2D sidescroller similar to Minecraft, but far less easy to literally get lost in. It's been my favorite game ever since. <3 It's only gotten better and better and better.

Back
Top Bottom