Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

(... then again, I don't even know how to insert furniture into the world, because the program is so darn difficult to use...)
screenshot for tedit.png

Can you cut and paste object layers in TEdit? For example, the flame of a torch but not the handle?

Can you cut and paste object layers in TEdit? For example, the flame of a torch but not the handle?
Unfortunately not. The single partial exception is that the chimney furniture object can be toggled to produce smoke particles instead of just the little animated smoke. Some builders copy only the top-left single tile of its 3x3 sprite to get the smoke particles but take up less space. But it isn't a separation of object layers, and breaks if the area around it is updated.

You could try using a regular torch on a dark background and paint it shadow to make it look like only a floating flame. For light without the stick portion, you can use gemspark walls or blocks. You may also consider living flame blocks for flames without the stick part. You can also put gemspark walls behind blocks to light up blocks.

Unfortunately not. The single partial exception is that the chimney furniture object can be toggled to produce smoke particles instead of just the little animated smoke. Some builders copy only the top-left single tile of its 3x3 sprite to get the smoke particles but take up less space. But it isn't a separation of object layers, and breaks if the area around it is updated.

You could try using a regular torch on a dark background and paint it shadow to make it look like only a floating flame. For light without the stick portion, you can use gemspark walls or blocks. You may also consider living flame blocks for flames without the stick part. You can also put gemspark walls behind blocks to light up blocks.
It's actually not a torch I want to use, I was just using it as an example. Thanks though.

Also, I've seen the smoke trick you mentioned, and it works for bubble & balloon machines too, plus you can do the opposite and clip the musical note sprites from music boxes.

Last edited:
You can also use Illuminant Paint if you want to light something up without having to use a real light source.

You can also use Illuminant Paint if you want to light something up without having to use a real light source.
I'm after items that actually emit light, specifically the cauldron, which has an awesome looking flame that I want to use in conjunction with another item to make a prop.

I don't know if this is a bug or not and It's just the way I edit my worlds, but in the new version there's a problem where everytime I change my cave background from 5 to 6 and I enter that world, it fails to load and I have to reload the backup file.

Is it possible to convert a .bak file or .tedit file into a .wrld file? Accidentally loaded a 1.3.5 world in the 1.4 tedit, and now I can't play that world in tmodloader. Is there a way I could access the backups of that world that weren't corrupted? They open fine in tmodloader.

Is it possible to convert a .bak file or .tedit file into a .wrld file? Accidentally loaded a 1.3.5 world in the 1.4 tedit, and now I can't play that world in tmodloader. Is there a way I could access the backups of that world that weren't corrupted? They open fine in tmodloader.
those are actually wld files. to make them apear in-game, you just have to rename them (remove the .bak part)

I'm using version 4.0.0-beta27 and am wondering if anyone could provide info regarding how pre-hardmode ore selection (tin/copper, iron/lead, etc.) works in the World Properties sidebar? I'm not sure when these ore types were added under world properties but I went through the changelogs and read commits and haven't been able to find where/if it's mentioned. All i know is it was added after March 2019; as a youtube video posted at that time of some1 using TEdit didn't have those options.

Are these simply just to provide the user with additional world property info? Or is there some further functionality behind being able to change these ore types? Or maybe is part of preparing TEdit for a world seed generation ability? Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
TEdit 4 Beta is out, with support for Terraria 1.4.0.4

View attachment 277555

What is TEdit?
TEdit is a stand alone, open source map editor for Terraria. It lets you edit maps just like (almost) paint! It also lets you change world settings (time, bosses downed etc), edit chests and change sign, make epic dungeons, castles, cities, and add rewards for your adventurers!

This thread is for feedback! It is an easy place to post issues and feature requests, so let me know if you have any.

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR WORLD BEFORE USING THIS!!!

It will make one for you (*.wld.Tedit), but you should make one anyway.

Downloads
Downloads are available from both of these links:
TEdit Downloads - BinaryConstruct
TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor

Issues (posting bugs, crashes, feature requests)
Check here if you have an issue, chances are it is already there and you can post a comment on the issue or attach a log.

Wiki
If you can't figure out how to use a tool or feature, please read!

Misc. Resources
Tutorial by ahamling27

Curse Featured Page

Credits

Im not sure what happened but after i downloaded the app i tried to open it but windows anti virus stopped it and then i tried using WinRAR and then without checking task manager i could tell its taking up 100% disk space and i had to restart my computer twice for it to work can someone please explain

Im not sure what happened but after i downloaded the app i tried to open it but windows anti virus stopped it and then i tried using WinRAR and then without checking task manager i could tell its taking up 100% disk space and i had to restart my computer twice for it to work can someone please explain
I don't know if there is a specific solution for this or if someone more knowledgeable regarding TEdit troubleshooting would have a different answer but what I would do is simply disable your anti-virus while you extract the archive. I'm assuming when you said you tried to open the app, you meant open the archive (as in, the .zip file). Try to extract after anti-virus is disabled and if successful, just enable back afterwards. If it gives you issues (or even just appears anti-virus scans TEdit every time, causing delays) when trying to open the app (the TEdit.exe file), then you'll need to add an exception in anti-virus settings to stop it from scanning TEdit.

I tried editing a world, and, though it had worked on my other worlds, it did not allow me to open one of the chests. every time I hovered the cursor over a 3 block radius around the chest, I stopped being able to move my character, and the armour glitched off. Is there any reason why?

Hey everyone,
I decided to give TEdit a shot today, so I could renovate my house. I've been trying to replace the wooden walls to white dynasty walls, but they show up as a completely different block. (I'm not even sure what it is)
The bottom walls are obviously the dynasty ones, and the top are what TEdit shows me.
Capture.JPG

I opened up the map in Terraria, and they both remained the same as they appear in TEdit.
Any help with this? Thanks!

I think the top thing is white team blocks? not 100% sure on that, but I think so.
That's not even a wall, to begin with. do you wanted to use something like "white dynasty blocks" for the house? but there is no such thing, there's only dynasty wood (blocks). and white (and green) dynasty walls.
if dynasty wood (blocks) are not fitting, you could try some other stuff, such as white stucco blocks, maybe?

So i have a Problemo Posted this on Github too but here we go. So Yesterday Tedit worked fine and now it wont work i ran as adminstrator too restarted my pc aswell i have all the specs needed for it Why is it still not working??

Back
Top Bottom