The Polarities Mod

I'm not trying to sound rude here, but the boss balancing in terms of damage is terrible.

Why does the sun pixie do moonlord phantasmal deathray damage with all its attacks? Honestly the damage should be half of what it is now, 250-300 damage per hit from a pre-mechs boss is rediculous.

I'm not trying to sound rude here, but the boss balancing in terms of damage is terrible.

Why does the sun pixie do moonlord phantasmal deathray damage with all its attacks? Honestly the damage should be half of what it is now, 250-300 damage per hit from a pre-mechs boss is rediculous.
Wait it does? I guess that's what I get for trying out the mod in God Mode.
I'm a friend of Turing's, by the way.

Wait it does? I guess that's what I get for trying out the mod in God Mode.
I'm a friend of Turing's, by the way.
I do have a 1.5x damage mod on bosses(so they do 50% more damage) and it was doing around 375-450 a hit to me with that mod. Doing the math, that's 250-300 WITHOUT the mod.
It's namley the contact damage that does it, but it moves around so fast that it's impossible to dodge it, even with good movement.

So far in my playthrough I feel this is the one boss I felt was a bit over the top. compared to alot of other mod bosses, this is the one boss I honestly felt was not balanced at all.

I do have a 1.5x damage mod on bosses(so they do 50% more damage) and it was doing around 375-450 a hit to me with that mod. Doing the math, that's 250-300 WITHOUT the mod.
It's namley the contact damage that does it, but it moves around so fast that it's impossible to dodge it, even with good movement.

So far in my playthrough I feel this is the one boss I felt was a bit over the top. compared to alot of other mod bosses, this is the one boss I honestly felt was not balanced at all.
I hope Turing gets that fixed too. The mod itself has great potential though, and I hope it grows into one of the more popular mods out there. Is there any other parts of the mod you have criticism for?

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry I didn't catch this while testing the fight, in retrospect using Titanium armor to dodge every attack may not have been the wisest choice for balance testing. Also, don't worry, you don't sound rude at all.

Edit:

v0.3.1 Changelog:
Added Aerogel Robes, an early-game (post-King Slime) armor set which provides no defense but gives decent damage boosts and a lot of mobility
Added the Cloud Cichlid, a flying critter which likes high-altitude, rainy areas
Nerfed Sun Pixie's level of damage
Increased health of the Polarities
Added a custom theme for the Polarities
Fixed a bug where the stopwatch displayed inaccurate results while using Convective armor's set bonus

Last edited:
v0.3.2 Changelog:
Added underground salt mini-biomes, with buzzing flies, salty slimes, armored mussels, and dangerous briny lakes
Added the Salt Shaker and Mollusc Staff
Added Solarang and Cosmic Discs, Lunarang now passes through blocks
Convective and aerogel set bonuses no longer affect mounts
Resprited Magnetic Capacitor (now renamed to supercharged battery) and Lunarang
Flarecaller grenades no longer damage critters (however, the flares they summon still do)

v0.3.2.1 Changelog:
Made a number of tweaks and fixed a number of issues involving the salt mini-biome
Salthoppers now add 4 seconds of dessication instead of 6, and they now take knockback
Salt Shaker is now actually craftable
Fixed an issue in which salt crystals didn't grow properly
Pearls from the Mussel Sentry no longer break tiles
Added Rattlers, shy and sedentary yet dangerous desert vipers. They can be caught with a bug net, but only when weakened to below half health.
The Cosmic Discs now shoot at different angles, so they don't overlap each other
Made various NPC tweaks to hopefully lessen the number of multiplayer issues

v0.3.2.2 Changelog:
Significantly improved Mussel and Mussel Sentry targeting
Mussel Sentry no longer falls through platforms, and is affected by sentry slot bonuses
Fixed a major bug with the worm spewer
Resprited volcanic plume and its fireballs
Recolored sunsliver and worm spewer
Added the duck spewer

v0.3.3 Changelog:
All bosses are now multiplayer-compatible!
Added spitters, bigger, more aggressive, cousins of the rattler with venomous spit and impeccable aim
Added the Rattlestaff
Gemflies can now be used as bait
v0.3.3.1 Changelog:
Convective Wanderers now work in multiplayer and no longer experience bouts of hyperactivity
Rattlers no longer disappear in multiplayer
Fixed some bugs with gemflies
Significantly increased the mana cost of the echo staff
v0.3.4 Changelog:
Added the Salt Knives and Crystal Knives
Storm cloudfish's charges are no longer broken
Various minor bugfixes and tweaks
v0.3.4.1 Changelog:
Added venom glands and the Toxic Shot
Added music boxes!
Fixed an issue with conductive armor
Fixed an issue with the dipole staff
Significantly decreased cost of gemflies
v0.3.5 Changelog:
Added the Shatterslash, Solar Energizer, and Entropic Seal
Convective mask no longer requires 10 molten helmets, however, it now requires 10 convective bars instead of 5
Chain saw has a new item sprite
v0.3.5.1 Changelog:
Added the Desolate Winds, True Blazing Ire, and Eclipxie Dust.
Everlight Mk. 2 is now crafted from the Everlight, Eclipxie Dust, and Convective Bars, rather than dropped from Eclipxie
Sun Pixie and Polarities music boxes now emit light when active
Changed rarity of the Venom Gland
Fixed a bug where Stormcore summons one too few cloudfish
Salt crystals are no longer craftable with mantellar ore
v0.3.5.2 Changelog:
Added Flare Rockets
New sprites for the Echo Staff, Salt and Crystal knives, and Salt Shaker
Solarang's fire beams now inflict On Fire
Chain Saw now properly sticks to ground-based enemies
Cloud cichlids now spawn more frequently when it's not raining, and spawn at the surface while it is raining
v0.3.6 Changelog:
Added storm chunks, the flywheel, cloudflare bow, polar pickaxe, and the orbital
Gigabat's eyes and teeth now glow in the dark, as do the eyes of Swarm Bats
Fixed a bug where gemflies failed to spawn in singleplayer
Toxic shot now shoots five shots per spray instead of four
Flare Rocket now requires a hardmode anvil to craft
Crystal knives do slightly less damage and no longer pass through blocks
Crystal and salt knives no longer stack to absurd amounts with Fargo's mod
v0.3.6.1 Changelog:
Orbital's projectiles no longer despawn, and its tooltip, rarity, and recipe have been fixed
Increased cost of crystal knives, and decreased the size of their tile collision hitbox
Lowered solar pendant drop rate
Polariminis now teleport to the player if they get too far, such as by teleporting or using a magic mirror, additionally, if they have no target, they'll now stare eerily at you
Flare rocket's particles are larger
Improved collision detection and visuals for the lightning generated by the electric edge and conductive armor's lightning orb
v0.3.6.2 Changelog:
Added the Polar Hamaxe and Ball Lightning, and changed recipe of the Orbital
Added banners for all enemies
Rattlers, mussels, salthoppers, and spitters now drop coins
Rattlers and spitters should no longer spawn underground
v0.3.6.3 Changelog:
Added zombats
Increased rattler's rattling radius
Increased mana cost of the Ball Lightning
Supercharged Battery now requires convective bars instead of iron/lead bars
Incinerating debuff now has a visible timer
Some slight projectile netcode fixes
Resprited Blazing Ire and True Blazing Ire
Changed Everlight's tooltip
Fixed the axe and hammer power of the Polar Hamaxe
v0.3.6.4 Changelog:
Added the wooden atlatl and wooden darts
Added Blood Bats, as well as Zombat and Blood Bat banners
Fixed a minor issue with the Orbital's projectiles
v0.3.6.5 Changelog:
Added the Thistle Thrower, Ratlatl, and Ehecatl
Fixed an issue with Atlatl aiming
v0.3.6.6 Changelog:
Fixed an issue where atlatl projectiles were in the wrong location during their first frame
Wooden darts and bat arrows now make the correct sound on hitting tiles, and the ratlatl now makes noise

Last edited:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/718929954288697344/726676500635582620/StarConstruct.png

New boss!

v0.4 Changelog:
Added Star Construct, a new boss fought at around the same time as the EoW/BoC Its dormant form occasionally falls from the sky at night, and can also be summoned with a starcaller, being activated upon taking sufficient damage.
Added the Strange Clock, Stellar Signet, Starhook, and Cosmic Cable
Added the Jungle's Rage, a rapid-fire Atlatl dropped from Plantera
Fixed an issue with zombat and blood bat HP
Mantellar ore generation is now signalled in chat after Golem's defeat

Thanks! And yeah the sprite was fun to do.

v0.4.0.1 Changelog:
Decreased speed of the Strange Clock's time acceleration
Starcaller can now be crafted with lead as well as iron
Dormant constructs should no longer spawn during the day
Fixed reforged expert-mode accessories not having the Rainbow rarity, and they should now work in normal mode worlds
Fixed a bug with the starhook creating extra projectiles when fired from the inventory
Fixed atlatls firing from the wrong location
v0.4.0.2 Changelog:
Star Construct now has custom music, along with a music box
Star Construct is now immune to On Fire, Cursed Inferno, Shadowflame, Frostburn, Poison, and Venom
Star Construct now drops the Sky Mill and Sunplate Bars, which can be crafted into Sunplate Armor and the Sunplate Hamaxe
v0.4.0.3 Changelog:
Fixed an issue where having the Cosmic Cable equipped increased the speed of all projectiles, not just hooks
Added the Starbalest
v0.4.0.4 Changelog:
Added Starduster, Winged Star Staff, and Ocean Sky
Significantly nerfed Starbalest because piercing and BoC/EoW exist
v0.4.0.5 Changelog:
Added the Cloud Cichlid Cage
Star construct's claws and its dormant form are now immune to the same debuffs it is
Zombats, blood bats, and brine flies can now go through platforms
v0.4.1 Changelog:
Added wooden, gold, and platinum warhammers and the skull melter, slow melee weapons which deal heavy knockback and inflict defense-reducing debuffs
Solar Scarab Staff has a new sprite
Fixed a minor issue with Convective Wanderer banners
v0.4.1.1 Changelog:
Added Boreal Wood, Palm Wood, Rich Mahogany, Shadewood, Ebonwood, and Pearlwood warhammers and atlatls
Added copper, tin, iron, lead, silver, and tungsten warhammers
Ratlatl now requires a palm wood atlatl, its rarity has been changed, and its speed is slightly increased
Warhammers now turn the player properly, and have correct sell values and rarity
Recolored wooden warhammer and atlatl to better resemble other wooden equipment
Tweaked the stats of the existing warhammers
Fixed a minor issue with Gigabat's boss checklist description
v0.4.1.2 Changelog:
Added Halite Armor
Added the Adamantite Warhammer, Titanium Warhammer, and Ukonvasara, new warhammers with a right click attack that, while less powerful than swinging them, is significantly easier to aim
Molten spirits are no longer immune to knockback
Dormant constructs no longer take damage from falling stars
v0.4.2 Changelog:
Brine fishing now has unique loot, including brine shrimp, salt crates, and a new quest item, the pickled herring
Added tolerance potions
Added the Hopper Crystal, an accessory dropped from Salthoppers at a 5% chance, and found in salt crates
Tweaked boss coin values to bring them more in line with vanilla progression: The Polarities now drop 18 gold, Eclipxie now drops 15, Sun Pixie now drops 10, and Star Construct now drops 2.
Fixed an issue where stormcore wouldn't always fill up available minion slots
Lowered Storm Cloudfish's defense
Updated map color of the Cloud Cichlid Cage
v0.4.2.1 Changelog:
Added the Salt Killifish staff, a summon weapon rarely obtained from fishing in salt caves during hardmode
Added Halite Bricks
Winged star staff now does a nonzero amount of knockback
v0.4.3 Changelog:
Added Limestone Caves, which contain Stalag Beetles and hazardous stalactites
Added the Stalag Beetle Head
Starcaller renamed to Stellar Remote, because Star Caller is already a thing in Thorium
Salt Killifish now deals slightly less damage but inflicts dessicating
Increased the rate at which the Strange Clock speeds up time
Sun Pixie and Flarecallers have new sprites
v0.4.3.1 Changelog:
Added the Speleothem, a magic weapon with a 0.5% chance to drop from stalactites when they hit the ground
Added Stalag Beetle Banner
Stalag Beetle Head now has a sell value
Cloudfish and Salt Killifish minions can now go through platforms
v0.4.3.2 Changelog:
Added Alkali Spirits to the Limestone Caves
Added alkaline fluid and the alkaline rain
Decreased the speed of Star Construct in normal mode
Reworked winged star staff
Fixed a bug with the Stalag Beetle hitbox
v0.4.3.3 Changelog:
Added Sea Lilies
Added Alkali Spirit banner
Eclipxie's flare-summoning fireballs now collide with platforms, and the fireballs and solar scythes no longer accelerate without limit
v0.4.3.4 Changelog:
Fixed a major bug in which a lot of Eclipxie and Sun Pixie's projectiles did significantly more damage than intended
v0.4.3.5 Changelog:
Fixed Luna Butterfly's trail not showing up

Last edited:
New town NPC! The Ghostwriter sells useful buff-granting books related to various bosses after their defeat.
Ghostwriter.png

v0.4.4 Changelog:
Added the Ghostwriter, a new town NPC that spawns after any boss has been defeated, who sells various books and the Reading Glasses
Added The Sliming, Maws, A Throng of Eyes and Fliers, The Construct out of Space, The Very Hungry Worm, and Megabrain

Is the Starbalest supposed to do that much damage from when it's obtained?
Yeah, it's like the Star Cannon in that it does a load of damage but is really expensive to use because fallen stars.

v0.4.4.1 Changelog:
Eclipxie now has a unique music track, along with a music box
Fixed a bug where breaking a Star Construct music box dropped a Polarities music box
Slightly tweaked the tooltip of the Reading Glasses and fixed a bug where removing them allowed the extra book buff to be retained
v0.4.4.2 Changelog:
Added Ghostwriter books for Gigabat, Queen Bee, Skeletron, Wall of Flesh, Sun Pixie, the Destroyer, the Twins, and Skeletron Prime
Dormant Constructs now spawn half as frequently after Star Construct has been defeated
v0.4.4.3 Changelog:
Added books for the remaining non-event bosses
The player's natural regeneration now caps out at one less than their maximum health while using Skulduggery Unpleasant or Skeletron 2: Electric Boogaloo
v0.4.5.0 Changelog:
Added the Seismic Striker and Hadean Upwelling
Warhammers with spear functionality no longer inflict Hammered when used as a spear
Servants from A Throng of Eyes and Fliers now damage up to 6 enemies before disappearing, but they do less damage
Fixed a bug with the Volcanic Plume
v0.4.5.1 Changelog:
Added the Force Projector, an atlatl dropped from the Martian Saucer at a 1/6 chance
Added Limeshells and the Limestone Shield
Fixed a bug involving enemies which shoot gravity-affected tracking projectiles
v0.4.5.2 Changelog:
Reworked the Starbalest
Tweaked the tolerance potion recipe
Fixed a bug with npc spawning
Added limeshell banner
v0.5 Changelog:
Added Cone Shells, Sea Serpents, and Krakens
Added Tentacle, Serpent Scale, Sea Snek Hat, Handheld Cone Shell, Flailing Kraken, and Tentacle Club
Sun Pixie's wings are now pink, and its core bobs up and down a little more
v0.5.0.1 Changelog:
Added banners for the new enemies
The player can no longer use hooks or mounts while affected by Cone Venom, and its duration has been slightly lowered
Tweaked the Cone Shell's stats in Expert Mode, and they now drop coins
v0.5.0.2 Changelog:
Added Endless Wooden Dart Pouch and Eclipxie Wings
Fixed a bug where Sea Serpent body segments wouldn't drop scales when killed with the Everlight Mk. 2
Kraken tentacles are now immune to all debuffs
Incinerated, cone venom, and other rapid damage debuffs no longer spam damage numbers when applied to NPCs
Added a '...' to the mantellar ore generation message to make it more dramatic
v0.5.0.3 Changelog:
Added Sunfish
Fixed a bug where Kraken and Sea Serpent banners had swapped sprites
Dormant Constructs now despawn during daytime
v0.5.0.4 Changelog:
Added the Solar Calibrator, a new expert-exclusive Eclipxie Drop
Fixed a bug where salt crates were unobtainable
v0.5.0.5 Changelog:
Added Snakescale armor
Sea serpents now drop Venom Glands
Halved the coin values of Sea Serpents and Krakens