tModLoader JereTheJuggler's Custom Generation

btw : we want more little generation building/things.
please update it ! maybe not too much building but i love some random thing in the underground or little surprise for biome

Oh boy here we go! Finally an update after around 2 years!
Updated to version 1.1.1. Check the change log in the first post for more info!

I guess I should also take the time to address the errors other people have posted in this thread...

ever since i downloaded this mod it has compleatly screwed up world gen. for example my dungeon is now a checkerboard of dungeon and ocean. and half the chests in my worlds are now made of 2-3 blocks instead of 4. i also get corruption growing up into the sky so i have to use many bombs to get past them to explore the map. its sad because i am not someone who really enjoys building so i like that this mod has pre built stuff. but it has to go as i cannot play if the maps are this messed up. and i also checked the screwed up maps are consistent as they screw up in the same ways every map. i tested to make sure it was definatly this mod before complaining and i also know of a few other people having the same problem.
I have generated dozens of worlds of all various sizes and both crimson and corruption with only my mod on. I have never seen anything close to what you are describing.

crashes the game on "generating mineshaft" with nothing in log
Probably just a 1 time thing. If it's not then some other mod must be interfering.

Last edited:
Love the mod!
Question: why did you settle with XML configs? tModLoader, since 0.11 (a year ago), supports json based ModConfigs, which are also editable ingame

Love the mod!
Question: why did you settle with XML configs? tModLoader, since 0.11 (a year ago), supports json based ModConfigs, which are also editable ingame
Well, to be honest I probably wouldn't now, but I started working on everything for the config files around 2 years ago. All of the work for handling the chest configs was finished before I started working on this again, so I just needed to write a little bit of code to handle feature enabling/disabling and the whole system would be complete.

My reasoning for XML around 2 years ago was because I figured it would be easier for people to edit them if they don't already know how to code or use json.

Updated to version 1.1.2! Check the first post for more info and a full change log.

• Added flower biome
  • Added custom minecart rails that completely replace the vanilla tracks
  • Fixed a tiny bug with the corridors of the mineshaft overwriting the tiles of biome specific room clusters
  • Removed the XML file for feature enabling/disabling in favor of integrating that into the json system that can be modified in-game. The chest configuration still uses the XML system.

Updated to version 1.1.3! Check the first post for more info and a full change log.

• Added custom hell houses
  • A lot of cleaning up old code to extend functionality for future use, including adding support to the chest configuration for items from other mods (as well as supporting it in the XML config files)
  • Made most features check WorldGen.structures before they are placed, and add to the list after they are generated. This will hopefully prevent my generation from overwriting content added by other mods (and vice versa) if they also utilize WorldGen.structures

With this update I now have the ability to add items from other mods to my generation, but the problem is I don't play other mods and don't know what would be good for game balance. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Really like this mod, but unfortunately I probably won't be using it for the time being because it causes a problem with another mod.

In particular, when using it with Thorium the Aquatic Depths don't spawn for some reason. I used the Worldgen preview mod to check and none of the other mods I have prevent it so it must be this one. If you could work with the Thorium devs or something to fix the issue that'd be great.

Two other things I think could be worked on:
I think having Ice Chests in the Ice Biome towers is a bit much, being able to get something like the Ice Blade or Ice Boomerang just by walking through the Ice Biome surface for a little bit is way too easy. Maybe change them to regular chests, or just make it so those particular chests can't spawn any weapons or trinkets?

Second, the "teeth" spawned in the Crimson and Corruption remove the background tiles, letting light in and making them much easier to navigate and less tense to explore. Fixing that would make them a nice addition.

Really like this mod, but unfortunately I probably won't be using it for the time being because it causes a problem with another mod.

In particular, when using it with Thorium the Aquatic Depths don't spawn for some reason. I used the Worldgen preview mod to check and none of the other mods I have prevent it so it must be this one. If you could work with the Thorium devs or something to fix the issue that'd be great.

That issue has been fixed, and the mod has been updated in the mod browser.

Two other things I think could be worked on:
I think having Ice Chests in the Ice Biome towers is a bit much, being able to get something like the Ice Blade or Ice Boomerang just by walking through the Ice Biome surface for a little bit is way too easy. Maybe change them to regular chests, or just make it so those particular chests can't spawn any weapons or trinkets?

I somewhat feel the same way to be honest, and while I don't want to actually remove the chances of getting good things in those chests, I might be able to decrease the likelyhood of getting them by adding some more "lesser" loots.

Second, the "teeth" spawned in the Crimson and Corruption remove the background tiles, letting light in and making them much easier to navigate and less tense to explore. Fixing that would make them a nice addition.

They actually have gemspark walls behind them, creating the light. I do agree that the crimson doesn't really look all that great, but I feel like the corruption looks nice (until you mine out the marble and reveal the gemsparks).

I've actually been learning a lot about other aspects of modding aside from world gen lately with my Weapons of Mass Decoration mod, and I might be able to add in visual effects for those tiles instead of resorting to the walls.

I really like this mod, can you make the gigantic trees lead to a tree dungeon (with their being only one in the world) filled with traps and water candles, and of course, loot!
can you make more world traps too?

I really like this mod, can you make the gigantic trees lead to a tree dungeon (with their being only one in the world) filled with traps and water candles, and of course, loot!
can you make more world traps too?
Idk about the tree dungeon. That's kind of a big ask, and unless it replaces the normal dungeon then Terraria worlds (especially small worlds) are already a bit too cramped to be adding in another whole dungeon on the surface.
If I were to replace the vanilla dungeon entirely though, then I'd have to worry about potentially changing the spawn location of the Old Man and the spawn conditions of all the dungeon enemies if I don't stick with the normal dungeon bricks, which is kind of beyond the scope of this mod and would cause compatibility issues with other mods that use the dungeon (like Calamity and its dungeon Plantera clone).

I've tried adding more traps to the world already, and the biggest issue I have with them is that I haven't figured out a good method for finding spots to place them where they are inconspicuous.
For example I've tried adding spike pits with pressure plates that actuate the ground above the spikes, but the conditions for a perfect location are pretty extensive. Ideally you would find a place in a cave that already has a flat floor that's at least 10 or so blocks wide, the floor would be at least around 8 blocks thick (so the pit wouldn't poke out of the ceiling of a cave below it), and there would be enough vertical clearance above the pit for the player to walk through the area. With all of that combined, I don't know how I would find such a location without brute force checking every tile in the world to see if it's a match, which would be a massive performance hit to world generation that wouldn't really be worth it.

Idk about the tree dungeon. That's kind of a big ask, and unless it replaces the normal dungeon then Terraria worlds (especially small worlds) are already a bit too cramped to be adding in another whole dungeon on the surface.
If I were to replace the vanilla dungeon entirely though, then I'd have to worry about potentially changing the spawn location of the Old Man and the spawn conditions of all the dungeon enemies if I don't stick with the normal dungeon bricks, which is kind of beyond the scope of this mod and would cause compatibility issues with other mods that use the dungeon (like Calamity and its dungeon Plantera clone).

I've tried adding more traps to the world already, and the biggest issue I have with them is that I haven't figured out a good method for finding spots to place them where they are inconspicuous.
For example I've tried adding spike pits with pressure plates that actuate the ground above the spikes, but the conditions for a perfect location are pretty extensive. Ideally you would find a place in a cave that already has a flat floor that's at least 10 or so blocks wide, the floor would be at least around 8 blocks thick (so the pit wouldn't poke out of the ceiling of a cave below it), and there would be enough vertical clearance above the pit for the player to walk through the area. With all of that combined, I don't know how I would find such a location without brute force checking every tile in the world to see if it's a match, which would be a massive performance hit to world generation that wouldn't really be worth it.
I was thinking for the tree gungeon that the walls would be living wood leading to the underground and have underground enemys spawn, and the inside would be covered with spikes and you would have platforms to stand on, making the enemy encounters difficult (sorry for not being clear).
I know it's a big ask, but like a last resort, when you run out of ideas or a test of skill.
Maybe the dungeon won't spawn in SmallWorlds and there's ways a config option for players to have.

Last edited:
this mod is awesome, i would love to see the source code that went into this! i'm just getting into how to create structures for my mod and it would be great to see some of the work you did.

Back
Top Bottom