NPCs & Enemies Post-Plantera Dungeon Wheels and Flail Enemies

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
They were fun enough in the pre-HM Dungeon, so why not have souped-up variants of Blazing Wheels and Spike Balls in the Hardmode Dungeon? What I'm suggesting here is to have three new, harder variants of each that spawn in different areas of the Dungeon. One for each of the Post-Plant Dungeon factions. Without further ado, here they are:

HM Dungeon Wheels

Faster and deadlier than their pre-Hardmode brethren.

(Thanks go to Zoomo for the sprites!)

<F for the fallen images from TO>
Rusty Dungeon Saw
56 Damage.
Medium-fast speed.
Inflicts the "Bleeding" Debuff 100% for 15 seconds.

hell-wheel-png.140847

Hell Blazing Sphere
60 Damage.
Fast speed.
Inflicts the "On Fire!" Debuff 50% for 10 seconds.

blue-wheel-png.140845

Blue Bladed Wheel
52 Damage.
Very fast speed.
Inflicts the "Bleeding" and "Broken Armor" Debuffs 25% for 45 seconds.

HM Dungeon Flails

They have two heads instead of just one and do lots more damage.

Rusty Dungeon Axe
75 Damage.
Medium speed.
Inflicts the "Bleeding" Debuff 100% for 15 seconds.

Blazing Dungeon Flail
70 Damage.
Medium-slow speed.
Inflicts the "On Fire!" Debuff 50% for 10 seconds.

Blue Dungeon Hammer
80 Damage.
Slow speed.
Inflicts the "Broken Armor" Debuff 25% for 1 minute.

Well, there it is. If this other suggestion makes it into the game, then the Rusty Dungeon Axe and Saw will also inflict the Weak Debuff.

Feedback is appreciated as always.

Last edited:
fact: spike balls in the dungeon act very weird if they were to receive a speed bonus...

this is a good suggestion to help prevent camping in a tiny room, shooting through walls, and killing everything (except diabolists and ragged casters)

I'm all for this, there needs to be more types of unkillable obstacle-like mobs, they add a lot of variation to the typical mobs.

I've always pictured the Dungeon to have four factions: Blue, Rusty, Hell and Angry. The Angry faction would be all the pre-hardmode Dungeon mobs. Would they have special Saws/Flails or just the normal ones?

I support however I still want there to be some way to counteract flail type enemies from stealing all the spawns...

I've always pictured the Dungeon to have four factions: Blue, Rusty, Hell and Angry. The Angry faction would be all the pre-hardmode Dungeon mobs. Would they have special Saws/Flails or just the normal ones?
Angry isn't a faction. It's factionless, just like the Spike Ball and Blazing Wheel.

This is really great! Love the idea of expanding the HM dungeon. Full support.

One suggestion: change the name of the Blazing Dungeon Flail to Blazing Dungeon Mace. They all kind of count as flails, and the name flail seems a little too generic :)

Back
Top Bottom