PC Tier List: Late Hardmode Weapons

Just took the suggestions from @Acamaeda @The Steampunk @Godley @Laluzi and noted them (with the exception of the spectre staff because of its significant rework).

Thanks much for the input, guys. Even with only one data point, I'm starting to get a rough idea of where to put these weapons. In terms of the Terraprisma, I'd imagine it's not incredibly worth it to obtain, even though it's ridiculously good?

To be fair, you can get Terraprisma post-moon lord and I did argue it's the best summon available. It's not incredibly hard to beat daytime Empress while using most of the moon lord drops. I would say considering it as a good post-moon lord weapon isn't too far fetched, but it wouldn't be the BEST post-moon lord weapon (not even counting Zenith).

To be fair, you can get Terraprisma post-moon lord and I did argue it's the best summon available. It's not incredibly hard to beat daytime Empress while using most of the moon lord drops. I would say considering it as a good post-moon lord weapon isn't too far fetched, but it wouldn't be the BEST post-moon lord weapon (not even counting Zenith).

Given that it's a summoning weapon, and its use does not preclude you from using other weapons in conjunction with it, you kinda need to evaluate summoner weapons against other summoner weapons alone, as any class can use a summon weapon along with their main for a little extra damage.

I've been hearing that the Terraprisma is better than the Stardust Dragon, and is there a better summon weapon than those two?

Given that it's a summoning weapon, and its use does not preclude you from using other weapons in conjunction with it, you kinda need to evaluate summoner weapons against other summoner weapons alone, as any class can use a summon weapon along with their main for a little extra damage.

I've been hearing that the Terraprisma is better than the Stardust Dragon, and is there a better summon weapon than those two?

Yeah, what I mean is that Terraprisma is a moon lord drop worthy, there is no better summon weapon.

Looking at some of the unranked weapons, I'll share my personal experience with some of them here, based on my Master mode ranger playthrough.

Celebration Mk2
Just got it today, actually. It's a pretty good weapon, seems about on par with the Phantasm when it comes to DPS, although I'd have to do some more testing to be sure on that front. It also has the advantage of having a better AoE, limited homing capabilities and using easier-to-obtain ammunition, specifically Rocket III, which is what I normally use. However, it's biggest downside is probably the fact that its rockets are heavily affected by gravity, severely limiting its range. Even though the huge DPS is tempting, I have found myself frequently switching back to the Snowman Cannon for the Moon Lord due to it's practically unlimited range and much better homing, allowing me to stay safe distance away from the boss, which is crucial in Master Mode. Plus, it is somewhat harder to dodge fast-moving projectiles if your entire screen is filled with fireworks.
My rank: A-

Eventide

After obtaining this weapon post-Golem, I was pretty excited to try it out. When comparing it to my then-strongest weapon and fellow bow, the Tsunami, I found out that its DPS was quite a bit lower, however. After experimenting with different arrow types, I found out that the Eventide actually performs best with normal wooden arrows/the endless quiver, both in DPS as well as piercing, whereas the Tsunami required holy arrows to be truly superior against single targets. This, combined with the rainbow projectile's ability to give off quite a bit of light, makes the Eventide an excellent weapon for every-day exploring and fighting, able to wipe out hordes of enemies of the ground with ease and zero cost. It's also one of the flashiest and prettiest looking weapons in the game. However, this still begs the question of whether going through the trouble of defeating the EoL is worth obtaining this weapon, to which I honestly have to say "No." But, since the EoL drops other fantastic items worth raging for, such as the S-tier Soaring Insignia, this downside is somewhat less severe.
My rank: B-

Shadow Jousting Lance
Cool concept, but little more than a fun gimmick. It has terrible DPS when you're not charging directly into an enemy, so I've never used this thing seriously, but I guess the permanently-deployed lance could potentially be useful for holding enemies at bay? The short range also makes it basically useless for boss fights.
My rank: D

Starlight
Another EoL drop that is, in some ways, very similar to the Eventide. As with the Eventide, its main strength is it's piercing ability, which, combined with its constant barrage of attacks, turns this weapon into an absolute lawnmower. It also has the upside of being able to damage enemies passing through solid blocks, similar to spears, which makes this weapon very useful in the post-Plantera dungeon and underground jungle to get rid of those pesky cursed skulls and angry trappers, respectively. This makes the Starlight a powerful tool for every class to have. But once again, its main weakness is its range, making it almost useless, or at least extremely difficult, to use effectively during boss fights. It also has low knockback, making it much less effective against fast-moving, melee-focused enemies with decent knockback resistance, such as the Selenian.
My rank: B

Zenith
Okay, I kinda lied in the introduction to this post, I've never used this weapon. But from what I can see and have heard, the Zenith seems to be one of the, if not the single most powerful weapon in the game, at least DPS-wise. Additionally, it can freely pass through blocks, requires no ammo or mana to use, has a range spanning the player's entire screen, decent AoE, close-to-mid range auto-target and, to top it all off, no immunity frames. On a tier list concerning power alone, this thing would be God tier. However, the Zenith is also famous for having the largest crafting tree in the game and only being available post-Moon Lord, at which point you're probably already powerful enough to easily kill anything opposing you, even without using this ridiculously overpowered weapon. As a result, this weapon is extremely difficult to rank, due to its supreme power, but having no real use.
My rank: A+

(EDIT 1: Put Starlight in B tier and Eventide in B- tier)

Last edited:
IMO, the Zenith is by far the best weapon in the game, and rightfully so. It’s the final sword, what the Terra Blade was supposed to be. I would give it S+. I would also give Starlight an A or A-, due to it being a direct upgrade of the Baghnakhs (probably misspelled that) in every respect, being able to absolutely shred hordes of enemies from a relatively safe distance. I would rank Terraprisma at S, and maybe drop stardust dragon to A+ to clearly show that Terraprisma is better. Also, I suggest Kaleidoscope to go in A or A+, as it Is the best whip in the game. Nightglow to me deserves B+ at best.

Regarding Eventide it has one significant advantage for an arrow based ranged weapon as with wooden arrows and its special projectile it can't be reflected by Selenians which means you no longer need to use the snowman cannon of a non projectile melee weapon to defeat the Solar Pillar.

IMO, the Zenith is by far the best weapon in the game, and rightfully so. It’s the final sword, what the Terra Blade was supposed to be. I would give it S+. I would also give Starlight an A or A-, due to it being a direct upgrade of the Baghnakhs (probably misspelled that) in every respect, being able to absolutely shred hordes of enemies from a relatively safe distance. I would rank Terraprisma at S, and maybe drop stardust dragon to A+ to clearly show that Terraprisma is better. Also, I suggest Kaleidoscope to go in A or A+, as it Is the best whip in the game. Nightglow to me deserves B+ at best.
While Zenith probably deserves is own version of the s class and I can't comment on the magic since I don't really play mage I don't think you should change Stardust Dragon just because Terraprisma exists not only would that be unlike how the existing list is structured based on a weapons own merits it also neglects how the Terraprisma functionally tends to be acquired post Moonlord whereas the Stardust Dragon Staff is available after the stardust pillar.

I would say move vortex beater up a little bit. While I might not play necessarily on pc, On mobile with chlorophyte bulets it is super powerful. Another thing is that every 0.5 secs a tracking missile launches - good for people who cannot aim (me). Not the best for crowd control but can be good for bosses - especially for mobility. Note: This could be bias, i just really like the weapon

Edit:Forgot to mention the missile does AoE damage as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom