THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TiberiumFusion

So I have this idea for getting new people to understand the plugin and the Terraria assembly better, and tbh the effort that's gonna be involved probably is too much for your workflow (judging by the plugin wiki with it's tutorials), and maybe even too niche to put that much effort into, so this is more of "Sharing an Idea" rather than a suggestion.

The idea is to have the ability to show users the code behind the Harmony tweaks (if possible, even the traditional/hybrid ones), so that they could further understand Terraria's internals, along with guiding them into making plugins (I'm kind if assuming that this is not too hard because the Harmony tweaks already contain the code that modifies Terraria).

Last edited:
Flashlight plugin:
Left Alt (hold) - flare on cursor
Left Alt + Num pad 0 - toggle torch on player

LoadoutSwap plugin:
Left Alt + W - exchange social slots with armor slots
Thank You! This was the main reason i was planning to learn how to make plugins. Am so pumped you did this. If you think it'd be useful to you, might i suggest making another plugin to enable/disable (via a hotkey) the game setting option that controls whether or not the game pauses when the inventory is opened. I imagine most people just stick to having the setting switched so that the game doesn't pause, but maybe you're not one of those ppl, and also get annoyed from the limitations that having the game paused brings.

@TiberiumFusion

there are suggestions for development:

remove "terraria only", make it a universal solution for the .NET platform
simplify the user interface
add a category field to plugins
remake all tweaks as plugins (as additional examples)

Attachments

• 000000871_4.png
    000000871_4.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 121
I love how I can use this to balance vanilla a bit more, though I have one gripe.
There's no way to edit armor stats other than Defence, so armors are hard to balance without making them too tanky, etc.
Is this possible to add/is there a plugin for this? I'd love that as a feature.
there are suggestions for development:

remove "terraria only", make it a universal solution for the .NET platform
simplify the user interface
add a category field to plugins
remake all tweaks as plugins (as additional examples)
That would be insanely hard to make, and doing that will make it probably not work with Terraria.

That would be insanely hard to make, and doing that will make it probably not work with Terraria.
if you are not a programmer and not have sources, please, don't blah blah blah ...
TT2 have good base and terraria ordinary .Net application as many others ..

Last edited:
yes but this is made only for terraria
the point of this is to change terraria
the devs made it to do only that
there would be no point in pressuring them into making a mode for every .NET game
please stop arguing

EDIT: I'm getting this error when I launch my tweak list:
System.InvalidProgramException: JIT Compiler encountered an internal limitation.
at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, NPCSpawnParams spawnparams)
at Terraria.ID.ContentSamples.Intialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

I'm guessing it's something to do with a Darwin Tool NPC tweak I made?

EDIT 2:
Yep, indeed it is, I disabled all my NPC tweaks and it worked. Now to sift through and figure out which is the culprit...

Last edited:
Did somebody played with plugins? Does anybody know where to get them, and not to create? I'm not very good in CS, i mean i don't know it at all, and it's not up for me to make my own plugins...

There's no way to edit armor stats other than Defence, so armors are hard to balance . . .
Is this possible to add/is there a plugin for this? I'd love that as a feature.
This would require a completely new defense/ignore damage system which would have to be overidden with the vanilla defense logic.

With the plugin feature, you can do anything. It's like programming a game out of a pre-existing one. If you are still interested in making the plugin yourself/with coordinated assistance, a possible suggestion to balance /avoid tanky builds is to make defences specific for each class (Example, molten armor could give you 29 def for melee, but it's only 15 for summoner, etc.). I know there are some unresolved issues with this like "How is the plugin going to recognize your class" but that's pretty much easy to solve in a programming sense, but there are multiple solutions so I just left it blank.

Did somebody played with plugins? Does anybody know where to get them, and not to create? I'm not very good in CS, i mean i don't know it at all, and it's not up for me to make my own plugins...
There's a link to the Plugin Wiki in OP, go check it out for yourself.

Last edited:
GASP doublepost :eek:
How hard is it to create one?
If you were referring to me, I made the first post in the last page, then after reading this one I made another post. (If it wasn't me, let me know via a reaction)

I already merged the 2 posts, apologies for the clutter.

If you were referring to me, I made the first post in the last page, then after reading this one I made another post. (If it wasn't me, let me know via a reaction)
?

BTW, a recipe editor would be nice to have. Isn't the recipe inside the C# file for the item? If so, I guess it wouldn't be too difficult? I don't really know much about it. $-_-

?

BTW, a recipe editor would be nice to have. Isn't the recipe inside the C# file for the item? If so, I guess it wouldn't be too difficult? I don't really know much about it. $-_-
I'm confused of what did you mean by that, so I'll just skip to how it's made.

It's deceptively easy to look at it on hindsight, but actually implementing a new recipe, let alone modifying a pre-existing one is a bit advanced. @Gaelyte made a detailed explanation for it a couple of pages ago, you should check it out if you're planning on making one yourself. To answer your question, no. Every code is compiled in Terraria.exe, and it has a bit of a complicated process to do so like I said.

As of all of the awesome features suggested like an improvised UI, a more robust Omnipatcher, etc, @TiberiumFusion expressed that even if he wanted to implement most of these, it requires some serious time (50-100 hours) to do so, and there are more important/prioritized changes he wants to be implemented first. It really sucks if one of the main reasons for a project not getting all of the updates is because of the lack of time, but hey it's one of those times that just makes you grateful that the project is still in active development admist those circumstances . . .

So could it possible to have the CreateHPatchOperation also working for Terraria Server at the same time as for Terraria ?

*Is also doing a plugin to add recipes*

Btw, can you add an option to not launch Terraria when an error is shown ?

Oh and also, tests no longer works for some reasons, "System.Attribute is defined in a non referenced assembly, I must add a reference to System.RunTime"
(Of course I use neither of both)

Last edited:
Oh and also, tests no longer works for some reasons, "System.Attribute is defined in a non referenced assembly, I must add a reference to System.RunTime"
(Of course I use neither of both)
Same goes for me (there are different errors that also show up, although I'm not with my pc right now to specify them, will be including it), but it only occurs if the compiled plugin has errors (I just test it again and it works normally, to see the actual problems with my code). For me it's kind of tolerable (currently), since there isn't any damage happening because of this and it's pretty straightforward to fix it.

*Is also doing a plugin to add recipes*
Looking forward to seeing that :). I've taken a quick break from making/working on my plugins to play other games and this would probably be a good time to warm up when I get back to it.

I'm not finding one even if I ctrl+f for plugin or wiki. Is it called something else I should be searching the page for?
Here's the link to it if you're still having trouble. I usually take the link from the update post.

Last edited:
A recipe plugin? YES!
Now I can finally make the Lava Charm obtainable by giving it a recipe! (20 Hellstone Bars, 1 Magma Stone and 20 Obsidian)

Also another frequent bug : sometimes when a plugin is modified, a plugin (may be the same, may be another) stops being compiled when tweaking, you have to disable it, save then re enable it to make it work again

Also plugins tends to disappear when edited externally, you need to restart Terraria Tweaker to make them visible again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom