Votes: 3 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • I don't care about this poll

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Jectu

Plantera
Fr me, I'd say the rarest item in Terraria would have to be a nymph banner because it requires you to kill 50 nymphs and 1 alone is pretty rare. I have seen people set up huge nymph afk farms that have only gotten 1 or 2 nymphs after 10 hours. What item do you think is the rarest?

Fr me, I'd say the rarest item in Terraria would have to be a nymph banner because it requires you to kill 50 nymphs and 1 alone is pretty rare. I have seen people set up huge nymph afk farms that have only gotten 1 or 2 nymphs after 10 hours. What item do you think is the rarest?
By drop rate, technically the slime staff is the rarest item in the game (followed by the coin gun and lizard egg). But as far as rarity to actually obtain, I would probably say the obsidian horseshoe because nobody in their right mind would make it lol. :D

At least the Nymph Banner is a guaranteed drop after 50 kills.

I'd say Reindeer Bells is the hardest item to obtain. <1% drop rate from the Ice Queen, who only spawns at wave 11 or higher. The Frost Moon is not an easy event, especially if playing solo.

Although other items have rarer drop rates, the enemies are much more common. In some cases, you even use a statue to farm them.

Dr. Bones banner is much more rare. He only shows up at night in the jungle at about the same rate as the Nymph. Also, might your friends Nymph farm have been in hardmode? Every playthrough I do I set up a farm in a prehardmode world and get my Nymph banner and Mining Armor in about 2 hours. I also think Reindeer Bells are extremely tough to get but if you set up a mana system. Like magic or celestial cuffs and dungeon spikes then you can breeze through the event all the way to wave 20, solo with the last prism. (Now you just demolish it with the Zenith). Lol.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think any enemy banner items can be considered one of the rarest items since with enough tedium you can find and kill 50 of them though several enemy banners are contenders for difficult acquisitions namely the banners from rare enemies or enemies which become rare if not acquired prehardmode i.e. Angry Dandelion(hardmode), Blood eel, Dreadnautilus, Dr. Bones, Eyezor, Hemogoblin Shark, Ice bat(hardmode), Nymph, Mothron, Rune Wizard, Sea Snail, The Bride, The Groom, Tim, Undead Miner(hardmode), Undead Viking(Hardmode), Wandering Eyefish, Zombie Merman, Alternate evil mimic etc.

The true hardest to acquire items are world gen/pillage items with limited areas they can spawn in.
These are almost exclusively cosmetic with exception of the sword in a stone the two accessories from pyramid chests and the finch staff but you will probably need to generate multiple worlds to get them in the case of some like the Pyramid loot you might need to generate a lot of worlds or use a specific seed you know has them. The latter is essential for two very specific items unique to special seeds

I'd say the flying carpet. I've probably only gotten maybe 2 of these in my entire time playing. Very useful for most of prehardmode but sadly become obsolete in Hardmode. Kind of thought this would have been added to the desert crates/chests. Even if you manage to be lucky enough to get a Pyramid they aren't always in one.

I'd say the flying carpet. I've probably only gotten maybe 2 of these in my entire time playing. Very useful for most of prehardmode but sadly become obsolete in Hardmode. Kind of thought this would have been added to the desert crates/chests. Even if you manage to be lucky enough to get a Pyramid they aren't always in one.
Same TBH I feel it would have made far more sense if the golden chests in Pyramids were made to carry sandstone chest loot with an additional unique chance for the Pharaoh's robes vanity item.
As for the flying carpet i feel like it needs an upgrade personally I feel it might be a nice component for an early hardmode hoverboard analog say Flying Carpet + x Souls of flight+ Forbidden Fragment?

I get a flying carpet whenever I go in a desert temple I did not know they were rare
All 3 of the items are likely equally rare but since Pyramids are very rare (there seems to typically be between one to zero on average from my experience) this means that it is unlikely you will find any given Pyramid item. Thus far the two pyramids I found both had sandstorm in a bottles which isn't something I will be complaining about as it is the only one that is crafted into something else

Nothing to do with pyramids are rare anymore. There are seeds you can use to generate a world with a flying carpet in it and they even tell you exactly where the chest is on your compass. Anything that generates upon world creation is no longer rare including the Starfury, Enchanted Sword, Terragrim, Moonlord's Legs, Finch Staff, Ladybug\Sunflower Minecart, Flying Carpet and Pharaoh vanity set. There are seeds and coordinates for all of these. Just enter the seed number for the item you want when creating a new world. Make sure that you make the world with the correct seed, size and evil. You can then select what mode you want the world to generate it so you can get these items in all the different modes including journey. There is no item in 1.4 that is that hard to obtain anymore. Back in 1.2 there was the Slime Staff which didn't drop from statues, The Axe and the Nymph Banner but now you can get the slime staff from statues, The Axe drop rate isn't really rare anymore and you can obtain any banner including the nymph after 50 kills. I made a farm in a pre-hardmode world and used my minions to make it afk and had my Nymph Banner in just over an hour. I would have to say the second hardest items in 1.4 are master mode drops because the bosses are MUCH harder and Reindeer Bells can still take a while to get even with the Zenith or The Last Prism (stand on spikes with cuffs on). But without question the hardest item to obtain is the Terraprisma because you can't get hit even once or you die.

Nothing to do with pyramids are rare anymore. There are seeds you can use to generate a world with a flying carpet in it and they even tell you exactly where the chest is on your compass. Anything that generates upon world creation is no longer rare including the Starfury, Enchanted Sword, Terragrim, Moonlord's Legs, Finch Staff, Ladybug\Sunflower Minecart, Flying Carpet and Pharaoh vanity set. There are seeds and coordinates for all of these. Just enter the seed number for the item you want when creating a new world. Make sure that you make the world with the correct seed, size and evil. You can then select what mode you want the world to generate it so you can get these items in all the different modes including journey. There is no item in 1.4 that is that hard to obtain anymore. Back in 1.2 there was the Slime Staff which didn't drop from statues, The Axe and the Nymph Banner but now you can get the slime staff from statues, The Axe drop rate isn't really rare anymore and you can obtain any banner including the nymph after 50 kills. I made a farm in a pre-hardmode world and used my minions to make it afk and had my Nymph Banner in just over an hour. I would have to say the second hardest items in 1.4 are master mode drops because the bosses are MUCH harder and Reindeer Bells can still take a while to get even with the Zenith or The Last Prism (stand on spikes with cuffs on). But without question the hardest item to obtain is the Terraprisma because you can't get hit even once or you die.
If you count specific seeds then yes objectively everything ceases to be hard to get hence why the implicit assumption was that no special seeds and random world unless it isn't possible (as is the case for Moon lord's Legs and Red's Potion). And the Terragrim does not generate on world gen swords in the stone have a 10% chance to yield a Terragrim instead of an Enchanted Sword. Given a world may only have a few such swords if any the odds are not in your favor to obtain one in any given world so it certainly isn't as straight forward as you claim. Also remember that special seeds work differently in that they change how world gen works but still are otherwise random.

For me if I’m speaking of 3ds version I would have to say getting weapon drops from the pumpkin and frost moon events... man it took me forever to get that razorpine needle

If you count specific seeds then yes objectively everything ceases to be hard to get hence why the implicit assumption was that no special seeds and random world unless it isn't possible (as is the case for Moon lord's Legs and Red's Potion). And the Terragrim does not generate on world gen swords in the stone have a 10% chance to yield a Terragrim instead of an Enchanted Sword. Given a world may only have a few such swords if any the odds are not in your favor to obtain one in any given world so it certainly isn't as straight forward as you claim. Also remember that special seeds work differently in that they change how world gen works but still are otherwise random.
You still use an enchanted sword shrine seed to get the Terragrim. World's generate so fast in 1.4 that you take an enchanted sword shrine seed and create it over and over til your shrine produces a Terragrim. It doesn't take long, esp if you use one of the small world enchanted sword shrine seeds. I don't remember anybody saying "what's the rarest items without using seeds" and discussing it that way would just be silly considering that's one of the main things ppl use seeds for in the first place. The bottom line is that world gen items are no longer rare nor do they take long to get. You can get a Terragrim in 20 minutes. Lol. Regardless, I would still put the Terraprisma above any item even without seeds and ppl never talk about the Dr. Bones banner. That thing is a :red: to aquire. Lol.

Terragrim is rarest, Terraprisma is hardest to get.
Terragrim is no longer rare bc of enchanted sword shrine seeds. You can get one in 20, 30 minutes. Just Google enchanted sword shrine seed, use the seed, break the shrine then repeat until the shrine produces a Terragrim. I think Terraprisma is hardest and Dr. Bones banner is the rarest. That thing takes forever to farm. Lol.

Terragrim is no longer rare bc of enchanted sword shrine seeds. You can get one in 20, 30 minutes. Just Google enchanted sword shrine seed, use the seed, break the shrine then repeat until the shrine produces a Terragrim.
That’s like saying Zenith is easy to get because you can just load a world you already have one in.

For me if I’m speaking of 3ds version I would have to say getting weapon drops from the pumpkin and frost moon events... man it took me forever to get that razorpine needle
Stand on spikes from the dungeon with a pair of magic or celestial cuffs equipped and use a razorblade typhoon to mow them events. You would have to beat Duke Fishron first to obtain the typhoon and he's not the easiest thing on the 3ds version but I still think it's the best way.

Back
Top Bottom