THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to finally work, so I added the recipe.AddReverse(), ExistingRecipe.DeleteRecipe(itemId).
You can also select an existing (plugin or not) recipe with new ExistingRecipe(resultItemId), reselect the result, add some ingredients and crafting stations with the usual SetResult, AddIngredient and AddCraftingStations, modify the amount needed and/or change it with EditIngredient(originalIngredient,(optional) newIngredient, (optional) new quantity), remove one with RemoveIngredient(itemId) and finally be more acurate with your selected recipe with AddIngredientCondition(itemId) (because ExistingRecipe will modify every recipe that respects the given conditions)
(My plugin also nearly doubled of size)
hmm is it ok if you make a doc for this? your brief intro to the new features is :merchantconfused:ing me a little
these features are going to be really useful

@Gaelyte there's a problem in RecipeHelper again:

C#:
                this.editsToDo.ForEach((Tuple) =>
                {
                    foreach (Item item in recipe.requiredItem)
                    {
                        if (item.type == ) //<-- uh oh
                    }
                });

Oops, I changed of IDE during the edit and gave the wrong version... Here's the correct one (and I deleted the old one from my computer to not make the mistake again)

Attachments

• RecipeHelper.cs
    14.2 KB · Views: 109
Using Gaelyte's great plugin (btw feel free to tell me if you want me to remove this if you'd prefer that i don't share stuff done with your plugin) i made a bunch of QoL recipees (includes the default lava charm recipee made by Gaelyte)
- Anklet of the Wind: Vine x2 | Rich Mahogany x50 | Leaf Wand > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
- Life Crystal: Crimtane/Demonite Bar x10 | Shadow Scale/Tissue Sample x3 > Made in any Anvil
- Fisherman's Guide: Atlantic Cod | Salmon | Tuna | Red Snapper | Neon Tetra | Trout | Rock Lobster | Flounder | Bass | Shrimp | (basically every common fish) > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
- Sextant: Amber: x3 | Glass x2 > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
- Weather Radio: Cloud x10 | Tin Can > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
- Paint Sprayer: Toolbelt | Paintbrush | Paint Roller > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
- Extendo Grip: Toolbelt | Grappling Hook > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
- Portable Cement Mixer: Toolbelt | Water Bucket | Hardened Sand Wall x400 > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
- Brick Layer: Toolbelt | Red Brick x200 > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
- Ruby to Diamond and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
- Pain Necklace to Band of Starpower and viceversa > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench
- Dart Rifle to Dart Pistol and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
- Chain Guillotine to Fetid Baghnakhs and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
- Clinger Staff to Health Drain and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
- Putrid Scent to Flesh Knuckles and viceversa > Made in Crystal Ball
- Amber to Glass > Made in Tinkerer's Workbench (for no real reason)

Attachments

• Recipes.cs
    8.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I did this plugin to make creating recipes easier, of course it's to be used by others, as long as you mention I was the one who did the RecipeHelper, everything is fine (and it's under LGPL-3 licence anyway)
Also, you can remove me from the author of your recipe plugin, you don't have to give me the credits of your work for using my example as a base (and it would also be clearer as if we did a list of plugins, this plugin I didn't make shouldn't appear as mine)

Btw, do you want an addIngredients function to be able to add more than one ingredient at a time ?

Last edited:
I did this plugin to make creating recipes easier, of course it's to be used by others, as long as you mention I was the one who did the RecipeHelper, everything is fine (and it's under LGPL-3 licence anyway)
Also, you can remove me from the author of your recipe plugin, you don't have to give me the credits of your work for using my example as a base (and it would also be clearer as if we did a list of plugins, this plugin I didn't make shouldn't appear as mine)

Btw, do you want an addIngredients function to be able to add more than one ingredient at a time ?
I mean, if you don't have anything else bothering you to do so, then I don't see why not

more than one ingredient per line? YES please
Fun fact: i actually had it as Author: "Gaelyte, edited by Nancok" but i decided to change it just in case

I not so deep in, but you could look into tModLoader sources ...

MaxStack Plugin update
30=>99 / 99=>999 / 999=>9999

Fixed TEdit - don't truncate stacks to 999
Could you tell me which TEdit file you edited to prevent TEdit from truncating stacks to 999? And if possible, explain what you did/ how I could do it myself? As i'm using the previous TEdit version than the one you posted (i'm using beta27 since textures can be shown without needing to zoom is as far), but would like to know how to make the change for when i decide to upgrade in the future too.

Also note that i'm actually using several tweaks in Terraria Tweaker to only increase the stack size of soil and wood blocks. I'm not sure if that would affect the way I'd have to edit TEdit.

Last edited:
more than one ingredient per line? YES please
Fun fact: i actually had it as Author: "Gaelyte, edited by Nancok" but i decided to change it just in case
Also look at the namespace and the name of the class

New function AddIngredients where you simply write AddIngredients(item 1, item 2, item 3...), the quantity will be 1 each time

Attachments

• RecipeHelper.cs
    14.4 KB · Views: 156
Could you tell me which TEdit file you edited to prevent TEdit from truncating stacks to 999? And if possible, explain what you did/ how I could do it myself? As i'm using the previous TEdit version than the one you posted (i'm using beta27 since textures can be shown without needing to zoom is as far), but would like to know how to make the change for when i decide to upgrade in the future too.

Also note that i'm actually using several tweaks in Terraria Tweaker to only increase the stack size of soil and wood blocks. I'm not sure if that would affect the way I'd have to edit TEdit.

Attachments

• TEdit - 2020-07-28_135215.png
    TEdit - 2020-07-28_135215.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 98
  • TEdit - 2020-07-28_135229.png
    TEdit - 2020-07-28_135229.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 101
Also look at the namespace and the name of the class

New function AddIngredients where you simply write AddIngredients(item 1, item 2, item 3...), the quantity will be 1 each time
Hey could you make where the params would go like "item1, item1stack, item2, item2stack . . ." So it would accommodate for recipes with ingredients more than just 1?

This is pretty much an optimization update with no additional features so there's no need to rush it if you don't feel like it (we can still do it the same anyways

(You know, it could be an overhaul, but the same could still apply to liquid and biome requirements . . .)

Last edited:
Using Gaelyte's great plugin (btw feel free to tell me if you want me to remove this if you'd prefer that i don't share stuff done with your plugin) i made a bunch of QoL recipees (includes the default lava charm recipe made by Gaelyte)
Ok, if this is allowed, then here's mine:
Slime Staff: 30 Gel, 20 Wood, 5 Fallen Star at Workbench
Anklet of the Wind: 1 Vine, 10 Jungle Spore, 5 Stinger at Anvil
Ice Skates: 30 Ice Block, 3 Silk, 5 Iron Bar at Anvil
Guide Voodoo Doll: 5 Silk, 30 Hay, 5 Hellstone at Hellforge
Water Walking Boots: 1 Shark Fin, 10 Seashell, 5 Coral at Anvil near Water
Lava Charm: 20 Hellstone Bar, 50 Obsidian, 5 Fireblossom at Anvil near Lava (I changed it because I realized getting the Magma Stone is a pain too)
Abeemination: 3 Bee Wax, 3 Bottled Honey, 5 Stinger at Demon Altar
Enchanted Sword: 15 Iron/Lead Bar, 15 Demonite/Crimtane Bar, 25 Fallen Star, 10 Diamond at Anvil
First Fractal: 1 Zenith
Zenith: 1 First Fractal
Brain of Confusion: 1 Worm Scarf at Hardmode Anvil
Worm Scarf: 1 Brain of Confusion at Hardmode Anvil
Wand of Sparking: 20 Wood, 30 Acorn, 5 Fallen Star at Work Bench

EDIT: Also, maybe there could be a shorthand method to create a recipe quickly? Like maybe:
C#:
ShorthandRecipe(list(ingredient1, ingredient2 etc), list(ingredient1amount, ingredient2amount etc), CraftingStation, NeedsWater, NeedsHoney, NeedsLava, NeedsSnowBiome, NeedsEctoMist);
(I'm pretty sure I did Lists wrong because I don't know how to do C# lists yet ~:sigh:)

Attachments

• Recipes.cs
    7.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Also,
This may have been floating around in the thread lately, but ever since pre 2.3.1405 (plugin update), I've been working on a massive tweaklist (Casually named "Interesting Mod") to somewhat change Terraria. The goal was to "tweak" (pun not intended but sure) some aspects of Terraria so it looks a bit fresh again (Don't get me wrong, Terraria's still great, the point here is to recreate that 'fresh' feeling of playing it for the first time). What I've changed in it was some stuff that we're always used to doing in a vanilla playthrough and just throwing off the player from its routine, causing them to once again improvise it's playstyle to survive (Yeah that description there may look like I'm selling the idea, but it's just necessary to explain stuff). I wouldn't call the 'mod' to be fully fleshed out as a stand-alone mod/Tweaklist, but the Tweaklist can at least "stand up" (analogy not intended but sure) as a functional concept.

The only reason I haven't released it in this post is the plugins that's also in the 'mod'. The big issue here is that some, or as of now most of the plugins are expanded upon the plugins of other plugin authors as well, and I wanted to ask for consent if I could release their respective plugins in the mod. The authors are: @Gaelyte (RecipeHelper) and @Yo-[★]-ur NighTm-[A]-re (Homing Projectiles), as well as @Nancok 's idea (Interchangeable recipes). The initial reason I expanded the mod upon these plugins is because of my lack of complete knowledge for the Terraria assembly, and maybe also for C# in general (not so well with pointers, overloads, or even polymorphism). None of the aforementioned plugins were included for the motive of simply making the mod bigger by simply snatching the authors ideas, the plugins are at some part modified to, at an extent, become unique to the mod itself.
[To the Authors] I hope that we are able to arrange at some kind of agreement or compromise in an event of a conflict, but if you really don't want your plugin/idea to appear at the mod just tell me with a DM. You can also DM me if you want to know details about your specific plugin/idea. (I know this sounds a bit too much to say, but I just want to make this transparent and clear as possible). I hope I'm able to make most of the plugins myself, but as I said, I'm not that good (Currently learning how worldgen and spawn rates work, after that maybe study Tiberium's Complete Weapon example so I could make new items like an actual mod (and probably publish/share a more simpler plugin system to do that)).

Last edited:
I've no problem with my work being used, I made it for that, I probably won't use it anytime soon and it doesn't do anything by itself anyway
Also, if you want a specific new use for my plugin (add more biomes, add hardmode/boss requirement, new "any" things...), I think it would be better to just ask me what you want so I can add it for everyone and will continue to update RecipeHelper with theses specific usages support

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

• [bug]
    Accessory Tweaks / Persistent Accessory Effect - Building
    / Extendo Grip doesn't work.
    Probably Ancient Chisel and other parts of Architect Gizmo Pack also doesn't work (they are more difficult to verify)
    through Accessory Tweaks / Persistent Accessory Effect - Original Set / Extendo Grip is working
  • [feature request]
    Is it possible to change stats of Architect Gizmo Pack ? (increasing of range and speed)
  • [feature request]
    tweak for removing spawn statues drop rate nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom