Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phantasm doesn't need any more nerfs imo. Fire rate is pretty good, yes, but base damage is pretty low (therefore more subject to defense) that phantom arrows deal almost nothing on high def enemies, and don't even get me started on the accuracy. If you want to deal high single target dps with Phantasm, you would need Luminite arrows for that, which is pretty balanced how it only starts getting powerful post Moon Lord (It has slightly more single target dps than SDMG, but worse crowd control). Playing as a ranger, I have never used the Phantasm against Moon Lord with pre-Endgame gear, (even Endgame) and succeeded, Vortex Beater does the job way better for me.

Currently, Tsunami is better against higher defense enemies (since it has more base damage)- tons better than pre-1.4 with the nerfed holy arrows since stars no longer deal iFrames (with holy arrows it now deals much more dps in the Moon Events). Compared to the Phantasm, the bow can be easily obtained as soon as you start Hardmode, doesn't take time to charge, fires 1 more arrow, and the arrow clusters fired are very accurate and stay compact with distance. So yes, it definitely needs a nerf, as it ruins progression, not just because it's op, but also because several other bows get overshadowed by it (even the Phantasm, which is supposed to come later in progression and an upgrade, but current Tsunami is mostly better.) Since there is not much time for major changes, Tsunami could get a base damage nerf, since it already fires 5 arrows anyway. Taking ranged damage boosts from armor and accessories into account, I think lowering the base damage from 60 to 45, roughly more than 33% damage nerf, would already be enough. That way it doesn't cheese high def enemies the way it currently does.

As for the other two bows, I think Eventide is already ok, as it still is much better than current Tsunami, and even Phantasm when it comes to crowd control. One of the arrows dealing double damage is a genius idea, whoever came up with that, as the Eventide doesn't lose much of its effectiveness with high def enemies, and lasts longer in progression, as it's not easily replaced that way. Aerial Bane could get a buff, since the only way you can utilize its special mechanic is to somehow stack enemies into a pyramid. It could use the extra damage on direct hits like some launchers. (Although I'm pretty sure the buffs are already underway, along with the other Tier 3 weapons, since many consider OOA Tier 3 to be the hardest event.)

To sum it all up (I apologize for my bad English)- I suggest to nerf Tsunami's base damage, leave Eventide and Phantasm alone, and buff Aerial Bane.

Phantasm doesn't need any more nerfs imo. Fire rate is pretty good, yes, but base damage is pretty low (therefore more subject to defense) that phantom arrows deal almost nothing on high def enemies, and don't even get me started on the accuracy. If you want to deal high single target dps with Phantasm, you would need Luminite arrows for that, which is pretty balanced how it only starts getting powerful post Moon Lord (It has slightly more single target dps than SDMG, but worse crowd control). Playing as a ranger, I have never used the Phantasm against Moon Lord with pre-Endgame gear, (even Endgame) and succeeded, Vortex Beater does the job way better for me.

Currently, Tsunami is better against higher defense enemies (since it has more base damage)- tons better than pre-1.4 with the nerfed holy arrows since stars no longer deal iFrames (with holy arrows it now deals much more dps in the Moon Events). Compared to the Phantasm, the bow can be easily obtained as soon as you start Hardmode, doesn't take time to charge, fires 1 more arrow, and the arrow clusters fired are very accurate and stay compact with distance. So yes, it definitely needs a nerf, as it ruins progression, not just because it's op, but also because several other bows get overshadowed by it (even the Phantasm, which is supposed to come later in progression and an upgrade, but current Tsunami is mostly better.) Since there is not much time for major changes, Tsunami could get a base damage nerf, since it already fires 5 arrows anyway. Taking ranged damage boosts from armor and accessories into account, I think lowering the base damage from 60 to 45, roughly more than 33% damage nerf, would already be enough. That way it doesn't cheese high def enemies the way it currently does.

As for the other two bows, I think Eventide is already ok, as it still is much better than current Tsunami, and even Phantasm when it comes to crowd control. One of the arrows dealing double damage is a genius idea, whoever came up with that, as the Eventide doesn't lose much of its effectiveness with high def enemies, and lasts longer in progression, as it's not easily replaced that way. Aerial Bane could get a buff, since the only way you can utilize its special mechanic is to somehow stack enemies into a pyramid. It could use the extra damage on direct hits like some launchers. (Although I'm pretty sure the buffs are already underway, along with the other Tier 3 weapons, since many consider OOA Tier 3 to be the hardest event.)

To sum it all up (I apologize for my bad English)- I suggest to nerf Tsunami's base damage, leave Eventide and Phantasm alone, and buff Aerial Bane.

The phnatasm needs a nerf, yes it's more heavily effected by defense, however the fact that it has roughly 50% more base dps than the tsunami heavily outweighs that. The more damage boosts you have the less relevent enemy defense becomes. If you have no damage boosts at all and aren't using ichor arrows than, the tsunami will do more damage to moonlord than the phantasm, however if you have any sort of build going the phantasm will out perform the tsunami, and by using ichor arrows (which are the best arrow for moonlord) you can greatly boost this process.

Did DPS tests of these 4 Bows (and some other things) against ML's Core, so we can actually see how strong they are (note that DPS meter isn't the most consistent thing in the world so it's likely that some of these arent a perfect average)

Gear Used:
Just an average build for ML. Dont want to use the full Shroomite set because the stealth can mess things up and/or make the numbers seem higher than they actually are, so I swapped to chloro leggings that are practically the same thing. I obviously swapped the helmet when I tested the guns.
20200817093921_1.jpg

Buffs used are Tier 3 Well Fed, Rage (not wrath because I was too lazy to research it) and Archery. Using Ichor Arrows because Holy Arrows are jank.

Aerial Bane:
AerialBane.jpg

Eventide:
Eventide.jpg

Tsunami:
Tsunami.jpg

Phantasm:
Phantasm.jpg

Xenopopper (The third strongest gun in the game and one of the strongest Post Golem weapons in general):
With Crystal Bullets:
Xenopopper.jpg

Vortex Beater (Weapon meant to be comparable to Phantasm):
With Chloro Bullets:
VbeaterChloro.jpg

With Crystal:
VbeaterCrystal.jpg

These tests show that:
* Tsunami really is extremely powerful for its tier, being noticeably stronger than the strongest gun in Post golem and even comparable to the Vortex Beater.
* Aerial Bane and Eventide are not underpowered at all and may need to be nerfed (preferably indirectly, through toning down Archery Potion and stuff)
* No weapon tested came close to the Phantasm.

Phantasm doesn't need any more nerfs imo. Fire rate is pretty good, yes, but base damage is pretty low (therefore more subject to defense) that phantom arrows deal almost nothing on high def enemies, and don't even get me started on the accuracy.

[Tsunami] Compared to the Phantasm, the bow can be easily obtained as soon as you start Hardmode, doesn't take time to charge, fires 1 more arrow, and the arrow clusters fired are very accurate and stay compact with distance.

Tsunami has a way bigger spread.

tsunamispread.jpg

Not like either bow has any significant issues with it anyways.

The part about Phantasm being bad against stuff with high defense is also not true as ML's Core has 70 and Phantasm is still significantly stronger against it (and you can see that above)

Last edited:
These tests show that:
* Tsunami really is extremely powerful for its tier, being noticeably stronger than the strongest gun in Post golem and even comparable to the Vortex Beater.
* Aerial Bane and Eventide are not underpowered at all and may need to be nerfed (preferably indirectly, through toning down Archery Potion and stuff)
* No weapon tested came close to the Phantasm.
+1 to all the conclusions. Phantasm one sort of makes sense as Celestial tier weapons are the best pre-ML gear, but the gap is probably a tad big for that.

Archery potion might actually have a simpler nerf that will mostly affect later game bows instead of the whole progression: replace multiplicative bonus with regular one. I did some... well, shady calcs, and in the tests provided that will make an approximate difference from 224% to 207%, ~7.5% total nerf (which will scale the further the more damage-oriented is the equipment)
If you have the exact numbers and they don't match up with mine, apologizing in advance, since I was deducting that from screenshots of bows' damage on core as reforges on accessories were unknown.

Just commenting here that I'm glad your findings matched mine here. I had thought the same (though I didn't nerf it).
I guess from these tests it’s pretty clear that eventide and aerial bane are fine where they are. I know the whole team is real busy right now but I think the ultimate conclusion here is just that the tsunami needs to be nerfed in a way so that it is equal to or worse than the other bows in damage, as it can be obtained way earlier. I hope you guys end up getting around to it!

I guess from these tests it’s pretty clear that eventide and aerial bane are fine where they are. I know the whole team is real busy right now but I think the ultimate conclusion here is just that the tsunami needs to be nerfed in a way so that it is equal to or worse than the other bows in damage, as it can be obtained way earlier. I hope you guys end up getting around to it!
And Phantasm, probably.
With those data I could even say Vortex Beater and Xenopopper deserve a buff, but I have to further test that because both of them feel like really good weapons overall.

And Phantasm, probably.
With those data I could even say Vortex Beater and Xenopopper deserve a buff, but I have to further test that because both of them feel like really good weapons overall.
It is pretty tricky and even ironic, because by no means they are bad weapons in grand scheme of all classes, but out of ranger equipment they have even more powerful analogues.
when will my headache of Ranger existence finally come to the end?
That being said, they already have a good niche of being a homing weaponry, since most of the time a player uses them with Chlorophyte bullets, so they aren't in dire need of major changes.

While we're on the subject of Aerial Bane...
The whole of T3 OOA needs a nerf. It's actually slightly HARDER than the Lunar Events, possibly because in the OOA event, it's actually possible for the invasion to win, unlike the Goblin, Pirate and Martian Invasions which just stay until you kill them off, even if you die.
Also, look at this guy.
1597686809112.png

Do you see him? He's only slightly better than the TERRA BLADE. REALLY? Keep in mind that the T.B is a pre-plantera weapon, whereas this drops from the hardest event in the game.
Oh, hello Sky Dragon's Fury, you just reminded me, you need a huge buff too, a shame cause you are a candidate for coolest weapon. I mean, look at that demo:
1597686621207.png

1597686770870.png

Another incredibly terrible weapon that desperately needs a buff, the Starlight.
1597686841591.png

Maybe greatly increase its range and the spread of its attacks and the damage too, so that it becomes viable but risky?
1597686204311.png

Hmmm.. this here Nightglow has questionable power too, I suggest increasing the amount of Bolts that appear when used.
1597686402045.png

Yeah, I get it, it's a trophy, but pweetttyyy pwwwweeeeezzzz buff the damage?

MORE THINGS:
Sleepy Octopod
Brand of the Inferno
Golem STILL needs buffed
Anchor, I cannot reiterate this enough

I did mention its pretty unlikely I won't have additional balance changes, as my proposal list went through approval and was implemented, and I'm not sure if I can tack on extra stuff to that now. I'll see where we are in a week and re-assess that.

With that said, one minor note: the fact that Duke is accessible earlier in the game doesn't really factor into the balancing, to me. He is tiered at post-Golem, and so for balancing purposes, I treat his gear as such. I don't take points away from potential power due to said accessibility, even if the weapon is otherwise still overpowered.

That same philosophy generally applies to most "fuzzy-tier" equipment. I've seen a lot of mention of Spooky Armor invalidating Tiki (which is a somewhat ironic statement, if I've ever heard one, given Spooky's history), but this is typically only from the perspective that Spooky Armor is pre-Golem. As it stands, ALL Pumpkin/Frost Moon gear is always tiered as post-Golem, regardless of the technical availability prior. This is the same for the early-Duke option. That moderate quantity of PM/FM items don't necessarily stand up to that tiering is an unrelated issue of its own, one which I hope I've improved, though I don't fool myself into thinking its "resolved".

More personal philosophical musing on balancing in general: it is interesting to me how there is a sort of endless cycle with this sort of thing, and I use the Spooky/Tiki situation as a great case in point. For years, Spooky was underwhelming, its only real value being synergy with the "summon damage, then swap gear" exploit, with Tiki being otherwise superior. Progression wise, based on the "PM is post-Golem" philosophy stated above, Spooky SHOULD be a straight upgrade to Tiki. That it was not for so long was an issue I fought to resolve for years, and so I find it interesting that there is now a perception that Spooky invalidates Tiki. There are a lot of other cases of that cropping up in light of many of my changes, such as Worm Scarf > BoC evolving into a Worm Scarf < BoC problem. Sometimes its a case of things being over-buffed/nerfed, for sure, but its a delicate road to tread, and I think it might be one of the leading causes of power creep.

While we're on the subject of Aerial Bane...
The whole of T3 OOA needs a nerf. It's actually slightly HARDER than the Lunar Events, possibly because in the OOA event, it's actually possible for the invasion to win, unlike the Goblin, Pirate and Martian Invasions which just stay until you kill them off, even if you die.
Also, look at this guy.
View attachment 287954
Do you see him? He's only slightly better than the TERRA BLADE. REALLY? Keep in mind that the T.B is a pre-plantera weapon, whereas this drops from the hardest event in the game.
View attachment 287955
Oh, hello Sky Dragon's Fury, you just reminded me, you need a huge buff too, a shame cause you are a candidate for coolest weapon. I mean, look at that demo:
View attachment 287956
View attachment 287957
View attachment 287958
Another incredibly terrible weapon that desperately needs a buff, the Starlight.
Maybe greatly increase its range and the spread of its attacks and the damage too, so that it becomes viable but risky?

Hmmm.. this here Nightglow has questionable power too, I suggest increasing the amount of Bolts that appear when used.

Yeah, I get it, it's a trophy, but pweetttyyy pwwwweeeeezzzz buff the damage?

MORE THINGS:
Sleepy Octopod
Brand of the Inferno
Golem STILL needs buffed
Anchor, I cannot reiterate this enough

T3 OOA is probably too hard, and I am aware of it, but it is too significant a chance to really fit within the timeframe I had (not to mention, completely nerfing an INVASION is a huge change compared to most of the ones I do). That I'm aware, it is not going to be adjusted.

I did some review of all of the T3 OOA drops, however, and there are some substantial buffs incoming.

I previously mentioned some minor Nightglow tweaks as well.

Golem, being a full boss, is also not something that was within my scope, and so its current behavior is likely to be where it stays.

I did mention its pretty unlikely I won't have additional balance changes, as my proposal list went through approval and was implemented, and I'm not sure if I can tack on extra stuff to that now. I'll see where we are in a week and re-assess that.

With that said, one minor note: the fact that Duke is accessible earlier in the game doesn't really factor into the balancing, to me. He is tiered at post-Golem, and so for balancing purposes, I treat his gear as such. I don't take points away from potential power due to said accessibility, even if the weapon is otherwise still overpowered.

That same philosophy generally applies to most "fuzzy-tier" equipment. I've seen a lot of mention of Spooky Armor invalidating Tiki (which is a somewhat ironic statement, if I've ever heard one, given Spooky's history), but this is typically only from the perspective that Spooky Armor is pre-Golem. As it stands, ALL Pumpkin/Frost Moon gear is always tiered as post-Golem, regardless of the technical availability prior. This is the same for the early-Duke option. That moderate quantity of PM/FM items don't necessarily stand up to that tiering is an unrelated issue of its own, one which I hope I've improved, though I don't fool myself into thinking its "resolved".

More personal philosophical musing on balancing in general: it is interesting to me how there is a sort of endless cycle with this sort of thing, and I use the Spooky/Tiki situation as a great case in point. For years, Spooky was underwhelming, its only real value being synergy with the "summon damage, then swap gear" exploit, with Tiki being otherwise superior. Progression wise, based on the "PM is post-Golem" philosophy stated above, Spooky SHOULD be a straight upgrade to Tiki. That it was not for so long was an issue I fought to resolve for years, and so I find it interesting that there is now a perception that Spooky invalidates Tiki. There are a lot of other cases of that cropping up in light of many of my changes, such as Worm Scarf > BoC evolving into a Worm Scarf < BoC problem. Sometimes its a case of things being over-buffed/nerfed, for sure, but its a delicate road to tread, and I think it might be one of the leading causes of power creep.

T3 OOA is probably too hard, and I am aware of it, but it is too significant a chance to really fit within the timeframe I had (not to mention, completely nerfing an INVASION is a huge change compared to most of the ones I do). That I'm aware, it is not going to be adjusted.

I did some review of all of the T3 OOA drops, however, and there are some substantial buffs incoming.

I previously mentioned some minor Nightglow tweaks as well.

Golem, being a full boss, is also not something that was within my scope, and so its current behavior is likely to be where it stays.
A lot of this is really good to hear.
but what about starlight, a literal POST GOLEM TRUE MELEE WEAPON?

I didn't have anything for it, only so much time to work on stuff. :(

No matter what happened, its range was never going to be greatly increased. It was meant to be a short range weapon. If anything was adjusted, it would have been raw damage or its immunity frames to make its damage tick more often. But that isn't on my list and I don't see the list changing much now. I might be able to make some amendments, we will have to see how the timeframe goes and if Red and Cenx will approve more changes.

I think we were just a bit too late. This thread has been a thing since the update, i just didn’t find out about it till like a week ago and unfortunately it seems it’s too late for many other requests to get implemented

From my experience, most True Melee weapons including Starlight are balanced;
around being risky options on mobs and atrocious on non-Normal Mode bosses that is, but balanced to each other indeed.

tiki armor is like the morning star, you get it right after Plantera, its wosrse than something you get in the pumpkin moon and it's arguably worse than something you got from the mechs too. Tiki doesn't just feel overshadowed by spooky it's overshadowed by hallowed. If you're going from spider to tiki, the extra minion and defense feels like such a small upgrade after defeating 4 bosses. And then you defeat 1 boss and event to get an armor that's a much bigger upgrade than just 1 extra minion.

This is why I suggested adding some melee speed to tiki armor, it will still probably be weaker than spooky in most cases but it will have its own niche.

Even if you didn't use the summon damage exploit in 1.3, spooky armor was still stronger than tiki, sure it had a few less points of defense which didn't matter but it had way more summon damage than tiki, which well made up for the missing minion. I do appreciate the changes to spooky armor as they effectively countered the summon damage exploit getting fixed, and as a side effect it's become nice for mixed sets too.

As for the worm scraf rain of confusion thing, I don't think you over buffed BoC. It's effectively a worm scarf that has a cooldown, but when on cooldown you get 20% crit instead, and also comes with its og effect which I actually considered 'worse than useless'. The new BoC feels a lot less reliable than the worm scarf so the worm scraf is still good.

If the pumpkin moon and frost moon loot get buffed to be on par with post golem stuff, like martian madness and duke drops, I wouldn't mind golem being a weak point in progression so much. I'm also worried about another 'hard boss you fight in a cramped space that gates a lot of progression' which is an issue I had with Plantera for such a long time

As I had been hoping, I got approval to do a bit of a preview from the balance change log for 1.4.1!

I decided to select the Accessory section, because I think it has a nice mix of minor stuff, quality of life, and some fun tinker boosts that I think will be appreciated by people of many classes, rather than selecting something like Melee.

The whole balance changelog is about 27 pages long. The following section is 2.5 pages of that. I hope you all enjoy. :)

index.php

Accessories

Band of Regeneration/Charm of Myths (Buff)
- Increased healing gain from 0.5 HP per second to 1 HP per second

Band of Starpower/Panic Necklace (Buff)
- (Cross-listing from Crafting Changes) Band of Starpower and Panic Necklace are now more easily available in all worlds. They can be crafted in a Graveyard at a Tinkerer's Workshop, by taking one of them and combining it with a Life or Mana Crystal. Band of Starpower + Life Crystal = Panic Necklace. Panic Necklace + Mana Crystal = Band of Starpower.

Bone Glove (Rework)
- This item has been completely overhauled and turned into an accessory
- When equipped, the player will shoot Crossbones towards their cursor whenever they are attacking, once per second. Consider it like a sword projectile, except it works for every weapon.
- The bones deal 25 class-neutral damage, but additionally ignore up to 25 enemy defense.
- Now also has vanity visibility in the Gloves spot
- Note: In practice, this should allow the Bone Gloves to be simultaneously viable for more classes than just Ranged, and also give it a bit more longevity

Brain of Confusion (Nerf)
- Reduced the Critical chance bonus of the Mind Trick buff from 20% to 10%.
- Reduced the duration of Mind Trick by 1 second

Celestial Cuffs (Buff)
- Now has the +20 mana bonus that its component accessories granted

Diving Helmet and all of its tinkers (Buff)
- Increased the breath capacity bonus by 50%

Feral Claws and Titan Glove (Rework / Buff)
- Moved the "gives autoswing for Melee weapons" perk to Feral Claws, making it available earlier for players. This perk still continues up the tinker chain, it is simply no longer present on Titan Glove specifically
- Titan Glove now has a new perk that increases the size of (eligible) melee weapons by 10%. This perk is also present on all of its tinkers; however, the effect does not stack.

Fledgling Wings and Lucky Horseshoe (Re-Tiering)
- The Lucky Horseshoe is no longer found in Sky Chests, and has been added to the underground Gold Chest loot pool
- In its place, Fledgling Wings have been added to Sky Chests and Sky Crates

Flesh Knuckles/Berserker Gloves (Buff)
- Defense increased from 7 to 8

Fire Gauntlet (Buff)
- Increased the 10% Damage and Melee Speed bonus to 12%
- Gains the new benefit added to the Titan Glove (see Titan Glove)
- Gains the new benefit added to the Magma Stone (see Magma Stone)

Hero Shield (Buff)
- Defense increased from 7 to 10

Honeycomb (and Bee Cloak, Honey Balloon, Stinger Necklace, and Sweetheart Necklace) (Buff / Rework)
- The base damage of the Bees generated by these has been increased from 7 to 13. If using a Hive Pack, this damage is 18.
- This damage is multiplied by 1.5x in Expert mode, and 2x in Master mode
- Additionally, if hit while wearing any of these accessories, the player gains the Honey buff for 5 seconds

Jellyfish Necklace and all of its tinkers (Buff)
- Now lets off an extremely faint glow when out of water (less than the Shadow Orb light pet)
- Dramatically increased the brightness when in water

Lava Charm (Buff)
- Doubled its spawn rate, giving it a 1/20 chance to be found in Lava-layer chests or Lava fishing crates

Magma Stone (Buff)
- Now inflicts a special version of On Fire that deals 15 DPS instead of 4

Molten Quiver (Buff)
- Technically a bug fix, but Wooden Arrows converted to Flaming Arrows by using this accessory now properly gain the +2 damage that Flaming Arrows have. This bonus is only applied to Wooden Arrows, if using the Quiver with superior arrows it will not apply the bonus (as it would be using the superior damage bonus of those arrows instead)

Obsidian Rose (Buff)
- Increased the lava damage reduction from 30 to 45. This change applies to all of its tinkers, however, as a consequence, lava damage has been moved to its own immunity timer, as the change would allow lava to very easily be reduced to 1 damage with the proper loadout.
- Is now a component in the Lava Waders, extending its lava damage reduction to the Lava Waders, Hellfire Treads, and Terraspark Boots. This change is retroactive for people who have already crafted those items, of course!

Panic Necklace/Sweetheart Necklace (Buff)
- Increased duration of the Panic! buff from 5 to 8 seconds

Pygmy Necklace (Re-Tiering)
- Is now sold by the Witch Doctor in pre-Hardmode, giving summoning accessories some earlier-game accessibility (he still only sells it at night, however!)

Star Cloak, Bee Cloak, Star Veil, and Mana Cloak (Buff)
- The base damage of the Stars generated by these accessories has been increased from 30 to 75. In addition, these stars will ignore up to 25 enemy defense.
- This damage is multiplied by 2x in Expert mode, and 3x in Master mode (the defense penetration remains unchanged)
1p0Qnvl.png

index.php

As I had been hoping, I got approval to do a bit of a preview from the balance change log for 1.4.1!

I decided to select the Accessory section, because I think it has a nice mix of minor stuff, quality of life, and some fun tinker boosts that I think will be appreciated by people of many classes, rather than selecting something like Melee.

The whole balance changelog is about 27 pages long. The following section is 2.5 pages of that. I hope you all enjoy. :)

index.php

Accessories

- (Cross-listing from Crafting Changes) Band of Starpower and Panic Necklace are now more easily available in all worlds. They can be crafted in a Graveyard at a Tinkerer's Workshop, by taking one of them and combining it with a Life or Mana Crystal. Band of Starpower + Life Crystal = Panic Necklace. Panic Necklace + Mana Crystal = Band of Starpower.

Bone Glove (Rework)
- When equipped, the player will shoot Crossbones towards their cursor whenever they are attacking, once per second. Consider it like a sword projectile, except it works for every weapon.
- The bones deal 25 class-neutral damage, but additionally ignore up to 25 enemy defense.
- Note: In practice, this should allow the Bone Gloves to be simultaneously viable for more classes than just Ranged, and also give it a bit more longevity

Celestial Cuffs (Buff)

- Moved the "gives autoswing for Melee weapons" perk to Feral Claws, making it available earlier for players. This perk still continues up the tinker chain, it is simply no longer present on Titan Glove specifically
- Titan Glove now has a new perk that increases the size of (eligible) melee weapons by 10%. This perk is also present on all of its tinkers; however, the effect does not stack.

- The Lucky Horseshoe is no longer found in Sky Chests, and has been added to the underground Gold Chest loot pool

Fire Gauntlet (Buff)

Hero Shield (Buff)

Honeycomb (and Bee Cloak, Honey Balloon, Stinger Necklace, and Sweetheart Necklace) (Buff / Rework)
- The base damage of the Bees generated by these has been increased from 7 to 13. If using a Hive Pack, this damage is 18.
- Additionally, if hit while wearing any of these accessories, the player gains the Honey buff for 5 seconds

- Now lets off an extremely faint glow when out of water (less than the Shadow Orb light pet)

Lava Charm (Buff)
- Doubled its spawn rate, giving it a 1/20 chance to be found in Lava-layer chests or Lava fishing crates

Magma Stone (Buff)

Molten Quiver (Buff)
- Technically a bug fix, but Wooden Arrows converted to Flaming Arrows by using this accessory now properly gain the +2 damage that Flaming Arrows have. This bonus is only applied to Wooden Arrows, if using the Quiver with superior arrows it will not apply the bonus (as it would be using the superior damage bonus of those arrows instead)

Obsidian Rose (Buff)
- Increased the lava damage reduction from 30 to 45. This change applies to all of its tinkers, however, as a consequence, lava damage has been moved to its own immunity timer, as the change would allow lava to very easily be reduced to 1 damage with the proper loadout.
- Is now a component in the Lava Waders, extending its lava damage reduction to the Lava Waders, Hellfire Treads, and Terraspark Boots. This change is retroactive for people who have already crafted those items, of course!

- Is now sold by the Witch Doctor in pre-Hardmode, giving summoning accessories some earlier-game accessibility (he still only sells it at night, however!)

- The base damage of the Stars generated by these accessories has been increased from 30 to 75. In addition, these stars will ignore up to 25 enemy defense.
- This damage is multiplied by 2x in Expert mode, and 3x in Master mode (the defense penetration remains unchanged)
1p0Qnvl.png

index.php
Fantastic changes across the board! All of these seem like really good buffs to these accessories, and I'm excited to see what else has gotten buffed when the update eventually gets here.

index.php

Accessories

Bone Glove (Rework)

Celestial Cuffs (Buff)

Fire Gauntlet (Buff)

Hero Shield (Buff)

Lava Charm (Buff)

Magma Stone (Buff)

Molten Quiver (Buff)

Obsidian Rose (Buff)

1p0Qnvl.png

index.php
Really great changes! I'm glad you picked accessories because to me it bring the most impact in overall balance.
There may be a few things that I wondered if were going to take a change that I do not see, but I can't recall/isn't important enough.

The only question that I have is if Molten Quiver's flaming arrows gain the On Fire! 2.0 buff (either way, the difference would be very small).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom