Blocks & Decoration Ancient blocks and furniture

TimeyMarey007

Skeletron Prime
Not sure if I'm the first to suggest this, but this came on my mind lately:

I was thinking of a small but neat addition thing that could be done; basically, (re)adding old sprites of furniture and blocks and walls as they once used to be, as new items.

For example: The pre-1.2 sprites of the furnace and Hellforge, all the bricks and brick walls, (basically just Grey Brick resprites) and some pre-1.3 sprites of blocks that received a makeover. (such as Mudstone Bricks and Copper Bricks) Even applies to the furniture too, like the pre-1.0.6 sprite of the Wooden Door and Workbench. For the unfamiliar, here's an example of what I mean... (images taken from a Yrimir video)

1592139098068.png

1592139116820.png

As for the pre-1.2 sprited ancient blocks... I was thinking that they should not meld into other blocks, which was basically block behaviour in pre-1.2 Terraria.

As for how to obtain them, I was thinking that for the bricks and brick walls, you could convert between the current and ancient versions in the presence of a Workbench in Ecto Mist. For the furnaces and other furniture however, I guess that should have the same recipe as the normal one, just again, at the same crafting stations but in Ecto Mist.

These shouldn't replace pre-existing stuff, of course. These could be new stuff that basically has the same looks as these ancient things. It's pretty easy to see why they got resprited later on, given they feel very outdated, but it'd be cool if we could obtain them again.

Oh, and by the way, if it wasn't obvious enough, all these items should be named "Ancient [furniture/block/wall item]". That's all there is to this.

That's a great idea! An "Ancient Furnace" item would be amazing, it's design is really nostalgic and is one of the first things that comes to mind when thinking about old Terraria. It could easily be crafted at a demon altar like the old hallowed set too.

Last edited:
That's a great idea! An "Ancient Furnace" item would be amazing, it's design is really nostalgic and is one of the first things that comes to mind when thinking about old Terraria. It could easily be crafted at a demon altar like the old hallowed set too.

On a demon altar? It does not sound coherent, it would be excellent if it could be crafted on a work bench plus echo mist.

On a demon altar? It does not sound coherent, it would be excellent if it could be crafted on a work bench plus echo mist.
Ecto mist would work too, sure, but like I already mentioned, my reasoning for it being craftable with the demon altar is the fact that it's already used for crafting the ancient hallowed set. This would make the demon altar the designated crafting station for "ancient" items.

Back
Top Bottom