tModLoader D-MODE: A lightweight RPG Mod

What's your strongest opinion about this mod after playing it or by just reading this?

• It is farly difficult to understand, but I find it interesting and enjoyable.

• It is comprehensible and nicely designed, but I don't find it worth of my attention.

• It's easier to just play it rather than explaining it. Great mod though.

• All things considered, it looks already really good, but it could have a GUI.

• I'm afraid of breaking the game by becoming the ultimate god of Terraria with these upgrades.

• Just another plain, boring RPG mod. There are so much better options than this one.

• You that story right? It sucks to suck. Like your Mod.

• I'm really questioning myself what the heck are these poll answers.

• I know you aren't a real doctor, you silly boy.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's the face of the Terraria developer...

@topic I found quite interesting part of the ideas for the mod, I was going to try but, the only problem is... Welll... Does the World Level means that one can't play the same world with more than one character? Because since it makes the world harder, that makes it impossible to play with a secondary and less powerful character?

Well, Nakano15, you are almost right. The mod makes it harder for secondary characters to be used on high level worlds, but it does not make it impossible. It's the same concept of using a character with 100 HP on a world where you should already have 400 HP.

Hi! I find the mod quite intriguing since I'm a fan of these leveling systems.
However, I can't use any weapons until I use a Tome of Ownership on them. Is this really part of the mod or is it a bug?
Also my game crashed when I tried to use the same tome once, I think I accidentally clicked an empty space.

So far I only have these mods enabled while testing your mod:
  • D-MODE
  • HERO's Mod
  • Example Mod
  • WMITF

DaiNekolchi, it is written on this thread that the mod makes it necessary to use the Tomes of Ownership for almost all items on the game that can deal damage, so yes, Tomes of Ownership are obligatory, but at the same time, they provide considerable bonuses; basically a trade off. My simple answer is, "it is not a bug, but actually a feature".
Now, about the bug you found, you must send me the game's log so that I know exactly where the bug happened.
The logs are usually located on this address: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs".

@Doctor Moonbad
Read back at your first post and I missed that. My bad. Because I was thinking since it was under upgrades, I thought it wasn't part of the mod.
For the error log, I deleted my Logs directory since I'm also testing my mods, so I'll try to replicate the error. I'll get back to you once I'm able to do it. :D

@Doctor Moonbad
Read back at your first post and I missed that. My bad. Because I was thinking since it was under upgrades, I thought it wasn't part of the mod.
For the error log, I deleted my Logs directory since I'm also testing my mods, so I'll try to replicate the error. I'll get back to you once I'm able to do it. :D

Thank you.

Hello, everyone. I'm here today to announce that DMode can now be played on Multiplayer without too many problems.
Also, I'll start posting the change-logs for each version here on the Terraria Foruns from time to time, instead of only posting it on the Mod's Discord Server, because there are only 60 people on the server, but about 300 downloads are done per version, so 80% of all the players don't know what is going on with the mod. Well, now you will know.

I'm not gonna clog the old thread, so I'm posting here:

Also, this is the old DMode's page. You can see almost all the info you need here: tModLoader - D-MODE: A lightweight RPG Mod
And I had gotten confused, wow. You might want to consider requesting that one to locked, and editing the main post to link to this one

First, I will politely and sincerely ask you to join the discord because it is waaaaaay easier for you to contact me and other players, as I rarely come to the Forums. With that out of the way, I can say that I spotted the bug and it is probably solved now. I literally forgot to put a " - 1" on a single line and that happens. Thank you very much.
I will politely decline, nothing personal, I just don't join discord servers and only use it for personal friend-related things.

Your welcome! Hopefully that fixed orbs not dropping when playing with other mods such as TES Experience, where none dropped.

I'm not gonna clog the old thread, so I'm posting here:

And I had gotten confused, wow. You might want to consider requesting that one to locked, and editing the main post to link to this one

I will politely decline, nothing personal, I just don't join discord servers and only use it for personal friend-related things.

Your welcome! Hopefully that fixed orbs not dropping when playing with other mods such as TES Experience, where none dropped.

I didn't know about this bug with the TES Experience. I'll have to make some research and test a few things.

I didn't know about this bug with the TES Experience. I'll have to make some research and test a few things.
At first I thought it was a hard-coded balance feature, but I think it's more related to the above error.

Like it works at first but once you gain some levels orbs stop dropping
Also: I have no tested it with the latest D-MODE, so it might be fixed

Hello everyone on the Terraria Forums. I'll start studying how to make the mod a multiplayer one but it might take a lot of time, since I'm totally new to the methodology. I thank you once again for playing my mod, and I know most of you aren't connected to the discord server but, please go there. It's a nice and quiet place where I can see your messages 24 / 7.

Guys,here‘s a problem about having this mod played for a certain time and hostile mobs don't drop coins,I have to change the mod version and then rechange it to solve this situation,is this some kind of mechanic...

Guys,here‘s a problem about having this mod played for a certain time and hostile mobs don't drop coins,I have to change the mod version and then rechange it to solve this situation,is this some kind of mechanic...
The mod has been updated and everything should be working now.

Hello everyone. As D-Mode has already everything I wanted it to contain, except multiplayer compatibility, I uploaded the source code to this page, together with all the resources: you can now learn how to mod with those files. I hope you guys had a lot of fun playing it as I did coding it.

Hello yet again everyone, DMode has been finally updated to version 0.665 after about 6 months without any changes. I did a quick fix on the minus infinity armor bug.

Back
Top Bottom