Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know i was about to take you seriously but this line :

This line right there ruined every credibility you had.

That's the lowest form of trolling you are doing right now trying to shame me trying to make me look bad like i'm insulting you and you are acting like the victim.
Where there is not even a single insulting content in my post not directed at you or anyone else.
We were simply having a discussion but now you pull this petty move on me.
So i see no futher reason to even talk to you anymore.

Good day.
And for future reference learn that there are people that might enjoy things that you don't like or may consider boring and accept that and not base your "criticism" solely on your personal preferences.

Oh for heaven's sake....

To quote:

'PS: And yea you don't liking fishing or thinking its boring and mundane really shouldn't be the reason against this suggestion.
Cause there are people that enjoy fishing and benefits that come with it.

Imagine that.. Some people might enjoy the very thing that you don't like.
Crazy concept right?'

'Imagine that.. Some people might enjoy the very thing that you don't like.
Crazy concept right?'

Crazy concept right?

Crazy concept right?

How can you write this statement and then say that I'm trolling? I dare you to find anyone in this thread that doesn't find that insulting. And no, having the personal preference that fishing is boring (which at least some people will agree with) did not influence my decision, as I outright stated that it is useful, but things don't necessarily need to have a fishing alternative when they are not as hard to get. Fishing is ten thousand times more RNG based than any spelunking expeditionary,d I'd go on to explain why, but I don't see the point. I'd ask you to look at the above edit, but again, there's no point.

Now stop this discussion because none of us want to it, especially Leinfors who has the power to ban both of us, regardless of who's at fault, and I'd rather join in on important discussions than engage in a petty one-sided argument with someone who can't take any form of argument or criticism.

Oh, and:

"I don't like certain feature so that means nobody should like it and shouldn't be implemented"

Did I say, even one single time, that nobody should enjoy fishing and shouldn't be implemented. I HAVE STATED MULTIPLE TIMES THAT FISHING IS USEFUL. GET. IT. THROUGH. YOUR. THICK. SKULL.

Oh for heaven's sake....

To quote:

'PS: And yea you don't liking fishing or thinking its boring and mundane really shouldn't be the reason against this suggestion.
Cause there are people that enjoy fishing and benefits that come with it.

Crazy concept right?'

'Imagine that.. Some people might enjoy the very thing that you don't like.
Crazy concept right?'

Crazy concept right?

Crazy concept right?

How can you write this statement and then say that I'm trolling? I dare you to find anyone in this thread that doesn't find that insulting. And no, having the personal preference that fishing is boring (which at least some people will agree with) did not influence my decision, as I outright stated that it is useful, but things don't necessarily need to have a fishing alternative when they are not as hard to get. Fishing is ten thousand times more RNG based than any spelunking expeditionary,d I'd go on to explain why, but I don't see the point. I'd ask you to look at the above edit, but again, there's no point.

Now stop this discussion because none of us want to it, especially Leinfors who has the power to ban both of us, regardless of who's at fault, and I'd rather join in on important discussions than engage in a petty one-sided argument with someone who can't take any form of argument or criticism.

Never a solution to fight fire with fire. I can see why you’d be angry at Lythael, and I agree that he’s been agonistic and disrespectful, but the best solution is to be the better person and not act the same way he is.

Erm, you may want to stop before a mod sees...

Dude, I'm trying my best, I'd much rather Leinfors wakes up to useful discussion rather than this load of junk that's going on. I hates arguments and rather not get into them, but people like to force your hands, Y'know?

Never a solution to fight fire with fire. I can see why you’d be angry at Lythael, and I agree that he’s been agonistic and disrespectful, but the best solution is to be the better person and not act the same way he is.

Yeah, thanks. I'm trying to wiggle my way out of it by trying to end it, I promise, but some people persist. Don't worry, I've seen worse, I'm trying to handle it.

I... kind of see what you mean?

Haha, yeah. I like to keep other people in mind who I admire and respect online, like Leinfors, in mind when I'm in their territory.

You... really didn't need to post that...
Maybe delete it, it could be regarded as "starting drama".
I'll delete this if you do that.

You're sorta right, but I feel like people needed to see that, tbh. Not really sure where else to put it since the whole thing happened here, I'm not familiar with the forums and I'm not going to report him because I really can't be bothered.

Let's just end the discussion here, please? Let's move on and talk about better things. :)

If we want to bring the thread back on topic, how about we make a real suggestion?

This is not really an item, but it sort of is, and I don’t think I’ve seen it brought up in this thread and there isn’t anywhere else that I think this would fit.

Cracked Dungeon Bricks.

Conceptually, they are a great concept. Locking off portions of the dungeon, adding to the ancient feel and forcing you to be perceptive. They were also added by the devs to encourage more time to be spent in the dungeon. It’s really a great idea.

Until you spend three minutes at a time just digging through them.

To me, the dungeon has always been more about exploration and enemy combat, with its winding chasms and above-average monsters. The way they function currently, Dungeon Bricks change this in a negative way, making the dungeon feel more like mining than exploring, hurting the point of the dungeon.

My solution? If you break Cracked Dungeon Bricks, they are much more likely to cause other ones nearby to fall than they already are. This way, they can be kept in the dungeon as a way to seal off paths without forcing you to spend minutes on end digging them out just to unlock a new room. This would also make Pitfall traps much more dangerous.

And if we want to extend the time spent in the dungeon, you could make Golden Keys less common. This would not only encourage you to kill the enemies in the dungeon rather than running away, but would encourage you to backtrack and take note of locked chests rather than always having three spare keys on hand and unlocking as you go. I think this would be a much better way to make the dungeon last longer.

I know this has been brought up before, but I haven’t seen it on an official forum where the devs can take note of this criticism before.

If we want to bring the thread back on topic, how about we make a real suggestion?

This is not really an item, but it sort of is, and I don’t think I’ve seen it brought up in this thread and there isn’t anywhere else that I think this would fit.

Cracked Dungeon Bricks.

Conceptually, they are a great concept. Locking off portions of the dungeon, adding to the ancient feel and forcing you to be perceptive. They were also added by the devs to encourage more time to be spent in the dungeon. It’s really a great idea.

To me, the dungeon has always been more about exploration and enemy combat, with its winding chasms and above-average monsters. The way they function currently, Dungeon Bricks change this in a negative way, making the dungeon feel more like mining than exploring, hurting the point of the dungeon.

My solution? If you break Cracked Dungeon Bricks, they are much more likely to cause other ones nearby to fall than they already are. This way, they can be kept in the dungeon as a way to seal off paths without forcing you to spend minutes on end digging them out just to unlock a new room. This would also make Pitfall traps much more dangerous.

And if we want to extend the time spent in the dungeon, you could make Golden Keys less common. This would not only encourage you to kill the enemies in the dungeon rather than running away, but would encourage you to backtrack and take note of locked chests rather than always having three spare keys on hand and unlocking as you go. I think this would be a much better way to make the dungeon last longer.

I know this has been brought up before, but I haven’t seen it on an official forum where the devs can take note of this criticism before.

I agree about the cracked bricks making them even more brittle.
But are you sure that making golden keys rarer is a good idea?

Cracked Dungeon Bricks.

Honestly, agreed. I always felt like the Cracked Dungeon Bricks were a bit boring and slowed things down a lot. To quote Gameraiders101: 'Redigit was hyping up those Dungeon changes, and what did we get? Cracked bricks and water pits.'

this is a joke

I enjoy the Dungeon a lot, but the cracked bricks are questionable and really slow everything down. And tbh, a person would spend a lot of time in the Dungeon post-Plantera farming out enemies, especially if they aren't class-specific and want to try everything.

I agree about the cracked bricks making them even more brittle.
But are you sure that making golden keys rarer is a good idea?

Yes, he's probably right. You'll always have a supply of golden keys left over after a Dungeon expedition, especially if you have a Lifeform Analyzer and you're tracking down Dungeon Slimes.

It was my impression that when you step on cracked bricks, they break any and all cracked bricks connected to them. If they don't do that, they should, because it's not much of a trap otherwise. I'm a little on the fence about the dungeon keys, I had to grind angry bones for a bit to get enough to get all the items, but I have five keys sitting in a chest from casual dungeon visits for bones and the like, so I'll agree that maybe you could drop the rarity a bit. Not too much, though.

Speaking of gems, it seems a little odd to me that all of them have the exact same chance of spawning, despite power differences. There is zero difference in the effort required to get amethyst and to get diamond, despite the fact diamond is orders of magnitude better. Maybe the low-tier gems like topaz and amethyst could be a little more common than gems like emerald and sapphire, and the high-tier gems like Ruby and Diamond could be a little rarer.

I'll +1 everyone saying that whips need a buff. In particular, basically every whip after the Firecracker is outclassed by other weapons, even melee weapons, since their range is so pathetic. Ideally, the lategame whips should have projectiles of some kind to extend their range like the lategame swords, but if that's not possible then they really need drastically increased range. Like 50% more. Range is their biggest weakness right now so if that's fixed, then I think they'll be in a pretty good spot balance-wise.

Also, this isn't really a balance thing, but if minions can't critical hit then I don't understand why they can get modifiers that affect crit chance. Other weapons that lack certain stats such as knockback can't get modifiers that affect that stat, so why can minions? All it does is pollute their modifier pool and make reforging needlessly expensive.

Although, if they were changed to be able to critical hit like every other weapon in the game, it would fix that issue and also give summoners a small but needed buff. I still don't know why they can't, and it doesn't seem to me like it would break anything if they could.

Although, if they were changed to be able to critical hit like every other weapon in the game, it would fix that issue and also give summoners a small but needed buff. I still don't know why they can't, and it doesn't seem to me like it would break anything if they could.

My understanding of the problem is that projectiles are spawned as critical or not (via their damage stat), and minions are essentially long-lived projectiles. If I'm wrong, I'm sure that somebody will come along to correct me. ;-)

My understanding of the problem is that projectiles are spawned as critical or not (via their damage stat), and minions are essentially long-lived projectiles. If I'm wrong, I'm sure that somebody will come along to correct me. ;-)

I volunteer to be that someone. If critical hits were determined by projectile, that would mean that every hit from a piercing projectile like Jester’s Arrows would crit if it rolls to crit. But the crit is determined upon dealing damage rather than firing the projectile, so this doesn’t happen. Additionally, if it worked this way, it wouldn’t work for whip tags to give crits

I'm fairly certain the same projectile can score both crits and non-crits if it hits multiple times, though. Just look at the Piranha Gun, Death Sickle, Rainbow Gun, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom