What is your Favorite Stage of Terraria?

Random Fellow

Skeletron
Terraria as you all know is an open-world, sandbox game with some RPG elements in there. Its progression is vast and wide-open, with some smaller linear elements. I honestly really like this take on progression. Leaving you out in the open while pointing you in a direction to help you out (With gameplay of course) But; what is your favorite part of the game, I personally can't choose, they are all fun in their own ways, challenging the player in fresh and challenging ways, forcing the player out of their comfort zone.

Pre-Boss you have to be very careful in, while letting you grasp your world.
After that you slowly upgrade your character and really feel like you earn your new armors, weapons, a d bosses defeated, it's classic.
Pre-Hardmode as a whole only scratches the surface of the game. But it's just so fun I always enjoy it and want to stay in it for awhile.

Early Hardmode really pushes the player out of their comfort zone, forcing them to actively mine, fight, get strategies and really learn their world layout and enemies. Tons of new equipment, weapons, biomes, and just everything is there.

Pre-Plantera-Golem is like a combination of everything so far while keeping everything fresh, the Jungle is just so cool and the world really gets upgraded at this point. It can go by a little fast, but still top-notch. You also get a ton of locations being upgraded, like the Dungeon and a buuuuuuunch of new events to challenge and become an ultimante badass.
After that the game really blows your mind, you really gotta stay on your toes now and is like a Bossrush as you fight the Cultist, Pillars, and eventually the Final Boss.

My brief explanation on each main part of the game, tell me what you think is your favorite. :)

Terraria as you all know is an open-world, sandbox game with some RPG elements in there. Its progression is vast and wide-open, with some smaller linear elements. I honestly really like this take on progression. Leaving you out in the open while pointing you in a direction to help you out (With gameplay of course) But; what is your favorite part of the game, I personally can't choose, they are all fun in their own ways, challenging the player in fresh and challenging ways, forcing the player out of their comfort zone.

Pre-Boss you have to be very careful in, while letting you grasp your world.
After that you slowly upgrade your character and really feel like you earn your new armors, weapons, a d bosses defeated, it's classic.
Pre-Hardmode as a whole only scratches the surface of the game. But it's just so fun I always enjoy it and want to stay in it for awhile.

Early Hardmode really pushes the player out of their comfort zone, forcing them to actively mine, fight, get strategies and really learn their world layout and enemies. Tons of new equipment, weapons, biomes, and just everything is there.

Pre-Plantera-Golem is like a combination of everything so far while keeping everything fresh, the Jungle is just so cool and the world really gets upgraded at this point. It can go by a little fast, but still top-notch. You also get a ton of locations being upgraded, like the Dungeon and a buuuuuuunch of new events to challenge and become an ultimante badass.
After that the game really blows your mind, you really gotta stay on your toes now and is like a Bossrush as you fight the Cultist, Pillars, and eventually the Final Boss.

My brief explanation on each main part of the game, tell me what you think is your favorite. :)
Pre-Bosses of course

Pre-bosses can be fun as you try to survive, then slowly move from survival to prosperity, all while build up your bases/towns, and makes some grand discoveries. I love this part a lot.

Mid-late pre-hardmode is also awesome, you can rule the place with some quite powerful (pre-hardmode) weapons, have access to mechanisms and quite some building materials, so this is an amazing time to build and prosper.

Early hardmode offers new challanges and rewards, and yes, you need to be quite smart and good to survive, but after the starting survival phase again, you can reach a prosperity stage and get tons on awesome treasures.

That goes like that until post-plantera/golem, yeah, with more and more, stronger, awesome weapons and gadgets to get, and with tons of possibilities for every classes.

and then...
you decide to face Lunatic Cultist, and if you win, bring the whole lunar apocalypse upon your world. Parttake in a frustrating grindfest fighting the 4 pillars (you can win by just slowly chipping away their health, and it feels awesome to defeat them, especially the first time) and then you can craft awesome late-game weapons. that stop being fun after 10 minutes (or a bit later, but quite fast anyway). and then moon lord appears and...

despite your best efforts with 50 potions and other buffs, and the best weapons you can get, 2-shots you with his deathray. and the grindfest starts again to get him appear. only to kill you again while you desperately try to click on the nurse's heal button, but she just runs away because got freaked out from Ctulhu's skyscrapper-sized brother.
then you decide to use a ridicolous amount of fragments to summon him again, to get killed again a few more times, so you have to do the grindfest again to get fregments and have him appear again, in general.

eventually, you might win. and get some sweet, ridicolously overpowered weapons that... you maybe won't even use for anything, because you defeated the final boss so, what to do next?
or you want moon-lord tier armor? you decide to go through... the same grindfest a few more times to get enough luminite for the armor. sure, you might have easier time, because of the weapons moon-lord dropped ...that is, if they're for your class...

And after you get the full whatever moon-lord-tier armor?
well, nothing much...?
...nah, sure, you can use them for a few things of course, like if you want to try to tackle a frost moon with the intention to clear it, but that is quite frustrating too. pumpkin moon isn't really that hard, but selling all the garbage (they're awesome stuff, but when you get a 50th necromatic scroll, or horeman's blade, it's just high-price garbage) takes more time than the even itself...
you can stay, but there's not a lot to do post moon-lord, and anything you get from those events usually aren't better than post-moon-lord tier stuff.

you might start a new playthrough with a new world and new character, and then the post-moon-lord weapons and armor aren't really used for anything.

it's kinda sad that the epic finale of the adventure turns out to be just a frustrating grindfest, and the stuff you get aren't perticularly usefor for anything after. are they're strong? yes, they are, but they can absolutely obliterate anything in less than seconds, even some early game bosses. that's awesome for 10 minutes or so, and then gets boring...
it feels awesome to finally defeat moon lord, but then that feeling withers quite fast with how there's not much more after to do in a playthrough...

ahaha, it turned into a rant XD lol
really, I love the game, but I don't really like the things post cultist. it's a pain and isn't even perticularly rewarding. or the rewards aren't very good for anything. and there are only a few weapons to choose from, opposed to be other parts of the game where there are tons of possibilities.

I really love early game and mid-game though. they're awesome times filled with great discoveries, fun adventures, challanging fight, tons of equipments and armor possibilities, and all sorts of other things, like building pretty towns or just enjoying life while knowing your trusty weapons and armor will keep you safe - even if these weapons and armors shy away from end game stuff in power, they're still much more awesome the time you get them.

that might be just my opinion though.

so, yes, the first 90% of the game.
especially mid-late pre-hardmode, I think.

If I'm to answer your question honestly, I'd say that I like the 1.4.0 version of Terraria, during different parts of progression, all for different reasons. 🤔🥤

Pre-Boss: Jouney Mode specifically, I like how you can just get right into playing the game & bypass all the annoying grinding. Fishing for goodies takes less than half the time if you're patient & you pretty much get to buff whenever you want (if you duped your potions). You really get to just focus on exploring & doing whatever you want, without having to warp back & forth because you forgot something. If you happen to find a nice spot to set-up camp, you can just do it by plucking wood outta the void, along with a furniture, a bed, campfire, lamps, you name it. In Journey Mode, it feels like you can become pretty powerful, before ever fighting your first Boss.

Post EoW (Added): These changes kinda shocked me, I didn't expect to have such an appreciation for Early Hardmode guns when you don't have to worry so much about ammo. Normally the Meteorite Ray gun is the easy choice, but with unlimited ammo, aside from the Ammo Pouch, I really enjoy the idea of shooting things this early with unlimited Meteor Ammo.

Early Hardmode: Again, I think I have to emphasis that this is Journey Mode I'm speaking about. I love having the stockpile of good weapons & accessories ready at the start of all h*ll breaking loose. Things will take around 40-50 bullets to kill, but I got 'em all, locked & loaded. Having access to whatever Weapons, Armor or Equipment you need, at any time, really reduces the number of times you have to retreat. I love being able to swap Armor & Weapons if something isn't working, without having to run back to base all the time. As I said earlier, & I don't think I can say it enough, you really get to just focus on playing the game now & worry less about runnin' out of somethin' or having to compromise. Feels good man.

Pre-Plantera/ Golem: It didn't make much difference to me while playing, aside from gaining more stuff after these two are dead, but in hindsight, it's kinda sad. Once you're ready to kill these two, your Journey is likely coming to a close.

Post Plantera/ Golem (Added): Though you'll have access to the Holiday Events after they're dead & of course the Hardmode Dungeon, I can't help but find this part of the game to be the weakest, though it's not bad at all, just not nearly as good as everything else before it. This isn't a bad thing, because Pre-Boss & Post EoW was the weakest part of the game for me in 1.3.5, so I'm not complaining. If Pre-Boss to Early Hardmode is a 10/10, then Post Plantera/ Golem would be about a 9.3/10. 😏🤷‍♂️🥤

If I'm to answer your question honestly, I'd say that I like the 1.4.0 version of Terraria, during different parts of progression, all for different reasons. 🤔🥤

Pre-Boss: Jouney Mode specifically, I like how you can just get right into playing the game & bypass all the annoying grinding. Fishing for goodies takes less than half the time if you're patient & you pretty much get to buff whenever you want (if you duped your potions). You really get to just focus on exploring & doing whatever you want, without having to warp back & forth because you forgot something. If you happen to find a nice spot to set-up camp, you can just do it by plucking wood outta the void, along with a furniture, a bed, campfire, lamps, you name it. In Journey Mode, it feels like you can become pretty powerful, before ever fighting your first Boss.

Post EoW (Added): These changes kinda shocked me, I didn't expect to have such an appreciation for Early Hardmode guns when you don't have to worry so much about ammo. Normally the Meteorite Ray gun is the easy choice, but with unlimited ammo, aside from the Ammo Pouch, I really enjoy the idea of shooting things this early with unlimited Meteor Ammo.

Early Hardmode: Again, I think I have to emphasis that this is Journey Mode I'm speaking about. I love having the stockpile of good weapons & accessories ready at the start of all h*ll breaking loose. Things will take around 40-50 bullets to kill, but I got 'em all, locked & loaded. Having access to whatever Weapons, Armor or Equipment you need, at any time, really reduces the number of times you have to retreat. I love being able to swap Armor & Weapons if something isn't working, without having to run back to base all the time. As I said earlier, & I don't think I can say it enough, you really get to just focus on playing the game now & worry less about runnin' out of somethin' or having to compromise. Feels good man.

Pre-Plantera/ Golem: It didn't make much difference to me while playing, aside from gaining more stuff after these two are dead, but in hindsight, it's kinda sad. Once you're ready to kill these two, your Journey is likely coming to a close.

Post Plantera/ Golem (Added): Though you'll have access to the Holiday Events after they're dead & of course the Hardmode Dungeon, I can't help but find this part of the game to be the weakest, though it's not bad at all, just not nearly as good as everything else before it. This isn't a bad thing, because Pre-Boss & Post EoW was the weakest part of the game for me in 1.3.5, so I'm not complaining. If Pre-Boss to Early Hardmode is a 10/10, then Post Plantera/ Golem would be about a 9.3/10. 😏🤷‍♂️🥤
Here's a fun fact barely any people know about. The Meteor Set Bonus counts for any Space Gun. What most people don't know is that Space guns are a subclass of Magic Weapons and not just the 'Space Gun' crafted from Meteorite. Good example is the Bee Gun, getting the infinite ammo/mana buff. (Edit this was fake, I just thought this was real from false memory)

Last edited:
Here's a fun fact barely any people know about. The Meteor Set Bonus counts for any Space Gun. What most people don't know is that Space guns are a subclass of Magic Weapons and not just the 'Space Gun' crafted from Meteorite. Good example is the Bee Gun, getting the infinite ammo/mana buff.
Wait, is that a new feature for 1.4.0 or has this always been a thing? 😧🥤 How many Early Hardmode Weapons is Meteorite Armor compatible with; are there any Hardmode Weapons too?

Here's a fun fact barely any people know about. The Meteor Set Bonus counts for any Space Gun. What most people don't know is that Space guns are a subclass of Magic Weapons and not just the 'Space Gun' crafted from Meteorite. Good example is the Bee Gun, getting the infinite ammo/mana buff.
OMG gonna use that armor more often pre hardmode

ummmmmm, i guess for me that there is no actual favourite part, but what i mean is that mine is when you are getting all prepared to fight a boss, and you fail many times, and then FINALLY, you defeat them, and you just cry outta happines, XD, that has happened to me alot

This is not true, the set bonus only extends to the Zapinators as of 1.4. Every other "magic gun" still consumes mana normally with Meteor armor.

I like the Mechanical Boss phase a lot, as I feel it's pretty open. You can beat the mechs in any order you like, for instance... Crimson/Corruption is annoying, but it's also some fun pressure.

Post plantera is my favorite because You have a ton of new weapons and armor to get before fighting golem. You can go to the dungeon, You can fight the full solar eclipse, You can fight the pumpkin and frost moon, You can fight the empress of light. It's really up to you. It's also nice because you dont have to worry about crimson/corruption and hallow spreading anymore.

I like early hard mode. You feel strong and powerful after you defeat the wall of flesh, but then are practically sent back to square one. However, now you have experience, supplies, arenas, and houses. In addition your introduced to new and more interesting items and enemies as well as being able to select your first boss.

I'm between Early Hardmode or Post-Pantera, I'll take early hardmode as it is the point where you have TONS of things to do and explore, new enemies, new items, and it's where you upgrade your weapons to the next level, hardmode is a very different adventure from before you killed Wall of Flesh, and where the spreading corruption/crimson becomes something very important to deal with.

My favorite part of the game has to be whole pre-hardmode. Starting pretty weak and upgrading your character feels very satisfying, specially when u get better accesories to improve your movement. I also enjoy how important exploration is, and basically looting everything on sight to get stronger. Making houses and setting up a pylon network is also nice if you get more creative than just making a bunch of shoe boxes and NPCs. You can be pretty relaxed and take your time.

In contrast, early hardmode (pre mechs) is kinda boring for me, it's just ''rush to the crimson to break altars while dying a couple of times in the process, get just the right amount of stuff to skip Cobalt and Mythril entirely, die several times again, rush back to the crimson to break more altars because Adamantite gear is too expensive, die a bunch, and repeat until you get Adamantite stuff.'' And then you have to farm a bunch of souls to make the boss summons. And the pirates can invade you anytime while you are doing this. And the Corruption spreads pretty fast, too.

For me at least, it's a pretty monotonous stage of the game, though getting wings is pretty amazing.

I like pre plantera because it’s hardmode and it’s a lot more fun but you aren’t too weak. This is also when you start getting chlorophyte and life fruits to get stronger. Post plantera is also fun tho because that’s when dungeon changes and it’s fun to get loot at the dungeon.

I like pre plantera because it’s hardmode and it’s a lot more fun but you aren’t too weak. This is also when you start getting chlorophyte and life fruits to get stronger. Post plantera is also fun tho because that’s when dungeon changes and it’s fun to get loot at the dungeon.
I agree, it's so fun being back at square one of the game after thinking you are a god. And ti doesn't feel artificial, most games would just make every previously available weapon do like a 4th of their original damage. One of my favorite things about Terraria is that nothing is artificial, you really do get stronger even if you feel weak at times. And the Msch bosses and Hardmode ores are also really well done.

Back
Top Bottom