My little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Not much to say - I am watching it from like February 2020, despite being an adult. Give or take, some solutions seem to be like "there's a deus ex machina moment, activate it when end of season comes." With the castle in the Ponyvile for example and the box-

Meanwhile your world, Eldgey, has so much troubles, and they don't go solved even at end of season! Call it a cheap ripoff... even given you somehow watched all four first seasons and started the fifth one recently.
Rainbow... understand, your world does have easy solution to common problems and villains, and his world has no easy solutions for their problems.

Anyway, where am I at, it has some enjoyable values, not really educational sometimes. But if you take it as a stress relief or nostalgia for older, more social times, who knows? Perhaps it has more value that way?

I also heard that they're going to be keeping most of the characters' names, but shuffling their bodily types. I don't think I can handle a Twilight Sparkle that's an Earth Pony. Heh. Only time will tell.
Welp, from the recent news they settled for different cast not resembling that of Mane Six at any stage. I don't know how I'll handle Generation 5, and it would start from the movie somehow.
//Note: Sorry for double-posting. But I had to add the addendum.

I understand that. Maybe the main series were ended, and some characters will be gone from G5 just like that post, but who knows... besides, one more thing I forgot to add - there's a comic continuation to Friendship is Magic. IDW release, at least
I meant the original post.

By the way, if anypony had watched all nine seasons, or feel like baselines are boring, I can recommend Fallout: Equestria. It's a quite nice read. Just a warning that chapters can get quite lengthy.

Although I haven't read the novel-length fanfic itself, I've read a lot of the Wiki after playing the utterly phenomenal game "Fallout Equestria: Remains." It's just brilliant. Take a look.

Anyone did watch the newest G5 movie? To be frank, it's not the end of the world, its animation could improve. But a plotline is surprisingly nice change to G4 plotline. I watched it spoiler-less, though, so I don't know how about you, mares and gentlecolts.

I genuinely thought the movie was so much more fun than it had any right to be. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and my face muscles threatened to rip my head apart. There were so many funny parts that I really appreciated that I think maybe a fifth of it was funny to some degree. Obviously your experience may vary, but I went into it with low expectations and was richly, richly rewarded for watching it.

I think I've seen it six times since its release. I have no regrets.

EDIT: Izzy is my spirit animal.

other than the crystals, and possibly Zephyr Heights, I got nothing inspiring From G5 to build in Terraria. Hell, Ponyville in Pony Life is all but stated to be taken out from The Hallow

Definitely give it at least six episodes.

Expect nothing.

Receive everything.

I came in with no expectations short of having seen a few rogue webm clips, and watched a stray episode from Season 2 as my first episode, and then binge-watched every single episode there was in a day and a half, back in early 2011. No regrets.

I love the show, and feel like bronies get far too much hate. I have been dwelling within the fandom for about a year now, and have concluded that most bronies are just normal people who like My Little Pony.

And about the show, I really respect it for maintaining it's quality. I see far too many shows go to crap after a while of being on air, and My Little Pony seems to be doing the opposite (in my opninion).

And for people that hate on the show/ people who watch it, try the show before you hate on it. I don't care if you don't like ponies, but hating on others for what they enjoy, especially when you know little about the thing, is counterproductive and stupid.
Really late for me to say this since you wrote that back in 2014, but well said x3

I do get sad sometimes that I never got to go to a MLP (G4) convention, or that I never got into it early. I sadly got into it late in 2020, when G4 was over, but before Pony Life was announced and then made. Rainbow Dash just means so much to me, ever since I got into it... I always bring my plushie of her with me everywhere I go. To my PC desk when I'm awake, to my bed when I'm going to play on my PS4 or for when I'm going to go to bed. I love snuggling with her at bed, and I love all the adorable pictures of her.

Beyond that, everyone knows that I really, (and I really mean it!) REALLY love Rainbow Factory Dash. The insane sadistic Rainbow Dash running the Rainbow Factory in the classic grimdark story of the same name. For some reason, I just find her insane and sadistic traits kind of hot xD If you'll notice my profile picture. You might recognize it as a cropped section of the cover picture for the unofficial sequel to Rocket to Insanity, "Rocket to Insanity: Fall of the Apple Family". I love anything that has a evil, sadistic and insane Rainbow Dash in it. When I reread Fall of the Apple Family and then Dawn of a Dying Pegasus, the ending made me cry once again, but worse than the last time. I was depressed for almost 2 days! Goes to show that I really care about her so much and couldn't imagine her dying ;-;

I actually remember a roleplay I did with my buddy Changing Flask, where I was trying to protect Rainbow Factory Dash from him, since he came to the factory for her blood to be a hero.

...:red: it, it's about time I did my right of passage and posted here. I'd also like to clear up something I should've cleared up on my profile a long while back.

I only barely qualify as a brony. I'm a full-time furry who only got into this because of a roleplay friend (i.e. Flask).

Hell, I've barely watched the show. I only recall aside glances and overhearing (maybe full-on watching, but I don't remember) the first few G4 episodes, and a watch of one, maybe two of the spin-off movies. I know my younger sister has definitely watched more, but she's since outgrown it, and hasn't ever brought it up for a long, long while.

So... yeah, I don't really consider myself on the same level as most people here. I only really got in because of the RPs, which as far as I can tell, isn't very common.

Back
Top Bottom