Blocks & Decoration Right clicking the Staff of Regrowth should remove all types of grass and moss

DisRicardo

Retinazer
This would be a VERY convenient feature, cause right now in order to remove vegetation you have to either click blocks very carefully with an inefficient pickaxe of use lava
Adding this function to the staff of regrowth would allow builders to remove grass and moss quickly and painlessly using smart cursor :bluslime:

Quite a simple change, but very useful.

It would be nice if it could also apply jungle moss on mud blocks. but maybe a jungle version of the staff would more appropriate, like there is the Living Wood Wand and the Living Mahogany Wand.

Quite a simple change, but very useful.

It would be nice if it could also apply jungle moss on mud blocks. but maybe a jungle version of the staff would more appropriate, like there is the Living Wood Wand and the Living Mahogany Wand.
I think they don't a staff that could apply jungle grass for balance reasons

I think they don't a staff that could apply jungle grass for balance reasons

Maybe, I don't think its that op, but solving this issue is very simple, the "Staff of Flourishing" lets call it, can be a hardmode or even post-platera exclusive item sold by the dryad, I would personaly prefer hardmode, but if you wanna be sure people aren't cheesing anything with it then, post-platera works too.

Last edited:
Alternatively... how about making the staff of regrowth having an upgrade, that works like the grand design, bringing up an interface? I'm pretty sure I seen an idea like that at suggestions before.

Like, tinker it with grass seeds, jungle grass seeds, etc. - though this brings up the question what about the other variants of glowing moss, not native to the world. corrupt/crimson grass can be aquired now with dryad in graveyard in hardmode.
and make it so that it can grow or destroy grass, based on how it's set. So, like how in the grand design, wrenches function place wire, wire cutter cuts them.

Alternatively... how about making the staff of regrowth having an upgrade, that works like the grand design, bringing up an interface? I'm pretty sure I seen an idea like that at suggestions before.

Like, tinker it with grass seeds, jungle grass seeds, etc. - though this brings up the question what about the other variants of glowing moss, not native to the world. corrupt/crimson grass can be aquired now with dryad in graveyard in hardmode.
and make it so that it can grow or destroy grass, based on how it's set. So, like how in the grand design, wrenches function place wire, wire cutter cuts them.
That's a great idea, you can even maybe toss the Dirt Rod into the mix, to make something on the lines of a terraformer staff.

Those things could be combined with each other, but the staff of regrowth is kind of different, I think. and then there might would be just too many buttons on the interface.
I agree, the block generating staffs go more with each other, and the staff of regrowth would go more with itens similar to it, or the dirt rod like a
I mentioned, with one of the benefits of the upgrade being that you can move soil blocks without removing the grass/moss.

Yeah, the block placing staves are something else.

I don't really know about dirt rod, I don't think I ever really used it XD

Don't know if it matters if it could move dirt with grass or not, when you just regrow it with one click.

But how I imagine this is like
Have an interface with buttons, and sub-buttons, in possible
  • Cental button: place/destroy. it will place or destroy the selected thing, similar to the grand design's center button.
  • Button "dirt" (places grass variants that can grow on dirt) - sub-buttons: grass, corrupt grass, crimson grass, hallowed grass.
  • Button "mud". sub-buttons: jungle grass, glowing mushroom grass
  • Button "stone" sub-buttons: green, yellow, red, blue, purple, whatever moss, lava moss, argon, kripton, xenon moss (or whatever their name is, again)

select what you want, and click on a block that mets the requirements (e.g. if you want to grow grass, you need a dirt block) and it plants that. if you click on another block, it will keep doing the selected thing, so you can just regrow grass (or anything) in a large area.

it also retains its feature to increase herb (AKA alchemy plant) harvest, if used to harvest them. since those are growing in an empty block space, it shouldn't interfere with growing or destroying any type of grass or moss on that block, because there's not block right there, to begin with.

The recipe could be 1 of each component - or if you want to make it a bit more challanging to make, make the required amount 5 for each thing.

However, gathering all moss variants could be difficult, and outright impossible in a single world, so that would be good to be solved somehow.
  • solution idea 1: mossy crate. a crate you can catch in the cavern layer or something. always contains 3-5 pieces of one type of moss of any color, including glowing moss variants, in addition to normal wooden crate loot.
  • solution idea 2: all moss variants are sold by the dryad, if she lives in the cavern layer.
    Alt. version. demolitionist sells them from some point onwards (e.g. post-skeletron, or in hardmode or something. or just simply from the start.) while they're not explosives, he has only a few things in his shop, and as a dwarf, he's one of the most associated with the caverns, so, where the mosses normally grow.

Dunno if I forgot something. is there anything else that grows on blocks like grass?

Yeah, the block placing staves are something else.

I don't really know about dirt rod, I don't think I ever really used it XD

Don't know if it matters if it could move dirt with grass or not, when you just regrow it with one click.

But how I imagine this is like
Have an interface with buttons, and sub-buttons, in possible
  • Cental button: place/destroy. it will place or destroy the selected thing, similar to the grand design's center button.
  • Button "dirt" (places grass variants that can grow on dirt) - sub-buttons: grass, corrupt grass, crimson grass, hallowed grass.
  • Button "mud". sub-buttons: jungle grass, glowing mushroom grass
  • Button "stone" sub-buttons: green, yellow, red, blue, purple, brown moss, lava moss, argon, krypton, xenon moss (or whatever their name is, again)

select what you want, and click on a block that meets the requirements (e.g. if you want to grow grass, you need a dirt block) and it plants that. if you click on another block, it will keep doing the selected thing, so you can just regrow grass (or anything) in a large area.

it also retains its feature to increase herb (AKA alchemy plant) harvest, if used to harvest them. since those are growing in an empty block space, it shouldn't interfere with growing or destroying any type of grass or moss on that block, because there's not block right there, to begin with.

The recipe could be 1 of each component - or if you want to make it a bit more challenging to make, make the required amount 5 for each thing.

However, gathering all moss variants could be difficult, and outright impossible in a single world, so that would be good to be solved somehow.
  • solution idea 1: mossy crate. a crate you can catch in the cavern layer or something. always contains 3-5 pieces of one type of moss of any color, including glowing moss variants, in addition to normal wooden crate loot.
  • solution idea 2: all moss variants are sold by the dryad, if she lives in the cavern layer.
    Alt. version. demolitionist sells them from some point onwards (e.g. post-skeletron, or in hardmode or something. or just simply from the start.) while they're not explosives, he has only a few things in his shop, and as a dwarf, he's one of the most associated with the caverns, so, where the mosses normally grow.

Dunno if I forgot something. is there anything else that grows on blocks like grass?
Moss colors are Red, Brown, Green, Blue, Purple, Lava, Argon, Krypton, Xenon Personally I would have them acquire all of the variants Relogic seems to want people to make multiple worlds after all.

Alternatively since there are 3 regular moss variants in a given world it should require 3 regular moss variants +lava + that worlds glowing moss variant
Edit there are also the decorative grass seeds and a number of grow able breakable plants not sure if those should count...

Moss colors are Red, Brown, Green, Blue, Purple, Lava, Argon, Krypton, Xenon Personally I would have them acquire all of the variants Relogic seems to want people to make multiple worlds after all.

Alternatively since there are 3 regular moss variants in a given world it should require 3 regular moss variants +lava + that worlds glowing moss variant
Edit there are also the decorative grass seeds and a number of grow able breakable plants not sure if those should count...
The problem is, that if you would like it to only take 3 type of random moss (plus the guaranted lava moss) and one random glowing moss, the item would need to have a bajillion possible recipes, based on moss combinations.

And saying 1 random moss would sound too lame and easy to aquire.
that's why I think all moss variants should be collectible in a world, either via NPCs selling them, or via fishing, or any other ways.

and I don't think tall grass and flower seeds matter, they aren't planted on a block like grass, moss, etc., and are easy to aquire, since all sold by the dryad, there's no real need to add them (the fact that it would require grass seeds indicate that you have the dryad already, since she's the only source of (purity) grass seeds, to begin with.

The problem is, that if you would like it to only take 3 type of random moss (plus the guaranteed lava moss) and one random glowing moss, the item would need to have a bajillion possible recipes, based on moss combinations.

And saying 1 random moss would sound too lame and easy to acquire.
that's why I think all moss variants should be collectible in a world, either via NPCs selling them, or via fishing, or any other ways.

and I don't think tall grass and flower seeds matter, they aren't planted on a block like grass, moss, etc., and are easy to acquire, since all sold by the dryad, there's no real need to add them (the fact that it would require grass seeds indicate that you have the dryad already, since she's the only source of (purity) grass seeds, to begin with.
Yeah that is personally why I would prefer having the player go gather all the types of moss that way there would only be a single recipe

Yeah that is personally why I would prefer having the player go gather all the types of moss that way there would only be a single recipe
Yes.

But that brings up the problem that some moss are not native to a world. and with now almost all items - cough - piramid loot... - cough - can be aquired in any worlds... (although that's just the technical possibility, the other time I fished up 106 obsidian crates and got ZERO lava charms...) but, so, point being, it would be good if you would not have to go to different worlds to gather all ingredients.

You could do that, of course. but it would be good to also have some ways to aquire them all in the same world too.

Back
Top Bottom