tModLoader How to make Running Boots?

itsmenick_

Terrarian
How would you make something like Hermes Boots? Which allows you to run fast, and would it be possible to make it so you can jump higher with them also? Thanks.

Hermes Boots are an accessory that can be found in Underground, Underground Desert, and Underground Jungle chests. When equipped, they allow the player to gain a speed boost after running for a certain distance continuously. The speed will continue increasing until maximum speed is attained. At full sprint, they will increase the player's horizontal movement speed by about 40%. (See Sprinting accessories for more information on the sprint effect). The Hermes Boots, the Flurry Boots, and the Sailfish Boots have identical functionality.

This is what I used to make mine if you still are wondering:

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
player.moveSpeed = 12.00f;
player.accRunSpeed = 8.75f;
}

Probably too late, but hope that helps!

This is what I used to make mine if you still are wondering:

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
player.moveSpeed = 12.00f;
player.accRunSpeed = 8.75f;
}

Probably too late, but hope that helps!
What do those two variables do?

What do those two variables do?

if you are refering to player.moveSpeed and player.accRunSpeed,
player.accRunSpeed changes your acceleration speed, causing the Hermes boots affect. It also refers to how fast or slow you build up speed when running after standing still. (I usually tend to keep at around 5f to 10f)
player.moveSpeed changes your player speed in general, much like how the frostspark boots and lightening boots increase your movement speed by a certain percentage

if you are refering to player.moveSpeed and player.accRunSpeed,
player.accRunSpeed changes your acceleration speed, causing the Hermes boots affect. It also refers to how fast or slow you build up speed when running after standing still. (I usually tend to keep at around 5f to 10f)
player.moveSpeed changes your player speed in general, much like how the frostspark boots and lightening boots increase your movement speed by a certain percentage
So player.moveSpeed = 12.00f; changes the speed by 12%?

no thats not what he means, that does something like aglets would do... he means like hermes boots, where the smoke trail comes behind him

no thats not what he means, that does something like aglets would do... he means like hermes boots, where the smoke trail comes behind him
Like I stated, player.accRunSpeed causes the hermes boots affect, both the smoke trail and the speed affect

Back
Top Bottom