Console will Terraria come to the PS5 and the Xbox Series X and S?

UncleJohn_HY

Terrarian
The title says it all. Will Terraria come to the newer gen of consoles or are there no plans of porting it to newer gen? It would be noice playing Terraria that takes advantage of the higher power of new gen consoles. Or, since both new gen consoles are backwards compatible with their old gen counterpart, will it never come?

Well if i remember correctly Xbox one games will have retrocompability with the new Xbox and i think that it will obviously be ported to new gen

And most likely only be on newer gens.

I think that would show very bad form if they did, and it would be the point where I draw a line with the game.

I can understand having to make the 1.3 only available on PS4/XB1, due to the increase in power required. Having 1.4 only available on next gen consoles however would not be out of necessity, as the power difference between PCs capable of playing 1.4 and current gen consoles is minimal.

It would be the only game I know that will have required 3 generations of consoles for 2 updates.

I wouldn't buy the game again on PS5 just for that update. I've already purchased it on PS3, PS Vita, PS4, mobile and PC. I would not buy it a fifth time. It's an amazing game, but not enough to justify that.

It would be the only game I know that will have required 3 generations of consoles for 2 updates.
Actually all consoles gen have a time before it gets old, when it gets old, the console stops receive updates. Probably the xbox 360 and ps3 would run terraria 1.4 because my phone do that! (and my phone is a bit old) the problem is just the gen upgrade. Not the power, xbox360 and ps3 have more power than your phone and you can play it.

yayaya

so unless you want the hit new ps5 games that arent on ps4......

Don't switch to PS5/Xbox series for terraria and remain on the old consoles (NOT PS3 OR XBOX 360)
The advantage of xbox is the retro compatibility, idk if ps have this, but xbox (actually the microsoft itself) have this ability.

I genuinely hope both the unreleased consoles and the current consoles will have 1.4. A cousin of mine plays terraria on Xbox one, he’d be so disappointed if he didn’t get 1.4.

Actually all consoles gen have a time before it gets old, when it gets old, the console stops receive updates. Probably the xbox 360 and ps3 would run terraria 1.4 because my phone do that! (and my phone is a bit old) the problem is just the gen upgrade. Not the power, xbox360 and ps3 have more power than your phone and you can play it.
Nah, the ps3 and xBox 360 are both actually less powerful than a somewhat decent phone. Shocking, I know, but it's true.

The title says it all. Will Terraria come to the newer gen of consoles or are there no plans of porting it to newer gen? It would be noice playing Terraria that takes advantage of the higher power of new gen consoles. Or, since both new gen consoles are backwards compatible with their old gen counterpart, will it never come?
I think so. Both PS5 and Xbox will have backwards compatibility so I don't see why not. Plus it will be even easier to make games with the newer dev kits.

Back
Top Bottom