Mobile Game crashes when I play multiplayer

IndigoGollum

The Destroyer
Your Terraria Device
LG V30+
Mobile OS
Android version 8.0
When attempting to play multiplayer online, the game crashes.
Screenshot_2020-09-15-20-02-51.png

Everything works fine at this point.
Screenshot_2020-09-15-20-02-56.png

At this point after selecting a character the game crashes. The crash occurs as soon as the "Online" tab is selected. As far as I know local play still works.

When attempting to play multiplayer online, the game crashes.
View attachment 292042
Everything works fine at this point.
View attachment 292043
At this point after selecting a character the game crashes. The crash occurs as soon as the "Online" tab is selected. As far as I know local play still works.
Are you on the most up to date version? I know that there was an old bug related to this, and haven’t seen anyone gave this issue in awhile.

From the Mobile - Mobile 1.3 Launch: Known Issues and Workarounds
  • My game crashes when I press the Online button in the Multiplayer Menu
    • This is likely due to a faulty server list file, DR is aware and is working on fixes for this now.
    • By removing this file, you can remove this crash - note that this will reset your Online Servers list
    • Here is how:
      • iOS
        • Open the Files App, navigate to the Terraria folder and locate the dedServers file
        • Delete this file (Select > tap the file > trash can)
        • Re-open Terraria and all should work now
      • Android
        • Locate dedServers.dat in the Android/data/com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid folder
        • Press and hold on the file, 3 dots on the top left, one of which should be delete
        • You should be good to go
    • Once you play online again, your system will generate a brand new dedservers file.

I did this and it fixed it. Thanks for the help. I am on the current version of the game though, so maybe that should be looked into.

Back
Top Bottom