tModLoader Starter Classes

Hey man just a suggestion
Couls you make it so every bag gives you 5 potions of Regeneration, swiffnes and iron skin and put the potions to for each class like Melee Endurance potions, Ranger Archery potions
Mage Magic regen and magic power potion and summoner summoning potion
And empty bag BUT for Hardmode
Like it gives you palladium armor, Class emblem, angel wings and starting weapons

Hey man just a suggestion
Couls you make it so every bag gives you 5 potions of Regeneration, swiffnes and iron skin and put the potions to for each class like Melee Endurance potions, Ranger Archery potions
Mage Magic regen and magic power potion and summoner summoning potion
And empty bag BUT for Hardmode
Like it gives you palladium armor, Class emblem, angel wings and starting weapons
Cool idea, i think. :)

And just thinked that if calamity is on the Hardmode bags will give you wings that give you stat bonuses for each class

Hey, owner of the orchid mod here !
Due to the way the shaman class works (interactions between weapons and empowerments), I believe a better starter to the class would be replacing the Deep Forest Charm (which is an underground jungle item, and not triggered by adorned branch !) with either a Copper Scepter ( CopperScepter ) or the Amber Idol ( AmberIdol ) [or both ?], which synergizes with it and may avoid some confusion for players :)

Due to the way the shaman class works (interactions between weapons and empowerments), I believe a better starter to the class would be replacing the Deep Forest Charm (which is an underground jungle item, and not triggered by adorned branch !) with either a Copper Scepter ( CopperScepter ) or the Amber Idol ( AmberIdol ) [or both ?], which synergizes with it and may avoid some confusion for players :)
Sorry I missed your message. I see what you mean, thanks for letting me know, I will change that :)

Sorry it took me so long to getting around to changing that, I finally had some free time to take a look at this, I've changed it now though.

This is a nice little mod to make starting just a bit less painful, especially with classes that you can't craft a weapon from basic materials around spawn. Would you be interested in adding starter bags for my custom class mods, Expanded Sentries and Esper Class? The custom class support list is growing for this mod and I would like to be a part of that.

Sorry it took me so long to getting around to changing that, I finally had some free time to take a look at this, I've changed it now though.
Congratz on that !
A small misunderstanding, the amber Idol effects combines nicely with the adorned branch, not the copper scepter !
In other words, in my mind, the best thing to do would have been to remove the deep forest charm, and add the 2 mentioned items, while keeping the adorned branch (thus, giving 3 shaman items in the bag (and a mana crystal ?)) for a smooth start, and a small introduction to the class mechanics, which implies a lot of weapon swapping and "synergies" between items (do not worry, this is not an unbalanced start compared to other starter kits available with your mod) %:sigh:

Sorry for not being clear about it in the first place ! ><

Also, here is an image containing alternate, more colored and differentiable versions of a bag (the bag itself was made from scratch based on boss bags proportions).
They are far from perfect, but should be recognizable with a glance.
the image includes TheLoneGamer's Esper and Sentries class emblems.
I could not find the reaper class emblem, and thus, didn't make it a bag (they are all made using a 5 color palette and the class emblem, so it sohuld be no issue adding it or new ones if you find the corresponding emblem).
From top left in reading order :
Bard, Healer, Ranger, Melee, Magic, Summoner, Rogue, Shaman, Thorium Thrower, Mystic, MoR Druid, Esper, Blank, Sentry
bags.png

Congratz on that !
A small misunderstanding, the amber Idol effects combines nicely with the adorned branch, not the copper scepter !
In other words, in my mind, the best thing to do would have been to remove the deep forest charm, and add the 2 mentioned items, while keeping the adorned branch (thus, giving 3 shaman items in the bag (and a mana crystal ?)) for a smooth start, and a small introduction to the class mechanics, which implies a lot of weapon swapping and "synergies" between items (do not worry, this is not an unbalanced start compared to other starter kits available with your mod) %:sigh:

Sorry for not being clear about it in the first place ! ><
Whoops, I keep missing your guys messages! I'll work on that, also am I free to use the bags you sprited with credit? They look amazing

Whoops, I keep missing your guys messages! I'll work on that, also am I free to use the bags you sprited with credit? They look amazing

Sure you can !
The goal is to have them being a bit more recognizable for the user without having to hover them and read the text associated to them !
They should not be hard to replicated when adding new classes (new 5-color palette, copy the encer of the emblem and you're set)
If you've got a lot of time in your hands, you can try making unique bags per class (like the vanilla boss bags), but that's a lot of work for pretty little, when the emblems can already be used to represent a class in an efficient manner

Attachments

• Treasure_Bag_%28Queen_Bee%29.png
    Treasure_Bag_%28Queen_Bee%29.png
    897 bytes · Views: 92
View attachment 287156
Starter Classes
Starter Classes adds a starting item (the Unopened Bag) which allows you to start the game as any class immediately, without having to grind for any class items, as well as making newly created characters start with iron tools along with an iron hammer to decrease early game tedium without skipping progression.

Mod Content:
View attachment 292223Unopened Bag - This is the item every newly created character starts with, it can be turned into any of the class bags
View attachment 292224Warrior's Bag - Contains melee class oriented items
- Silver Broadsword
- Life Crystal (1)
- Lesser Healing Potion (3)
- Shackle
- Ironskin Potion (1)
View attachment 292225
Ranger's Bag - Contains ranged class oriented items
- Silver Bow
- Archery Potion (1)
- Ammo Reservation Potion (1)
- Wooden Arrow (100)
- Cloud in a Bottle
View attachment 292226
Mage's Bag - Contains magic class oriented items
- Amethyst Staff
- Mana Crystal (1)
- Lesser Mana Potion (3)
- Nature's Gift
- Mana Regeneration Potion (1)
View attachment 292227
Summoner's Bag - Contains summoner class oriented items
- Slime Staff
- Summoning Potion (1)
- Thorns Potion (1)
- Aglet

View attachment 292250Thrower's Bag - Contains throwing class oriented items
- Shuriken (150)
- Poisoned Throwing Knives (75)
- Swiftness Potion (1)
- Hermes Boots

View attachment 292230Rogue's Bag - Contains throwing class oriented items (Requires Calamity to be installed)
- Gilded Dagger
- Urchin Stinger (50)
- Invisibility Potion (1)
- Raider's Talisman

View attachment 292231
Healer's Bag - Contains radiant class oriented items (Requires Thorium to be installed)
- Palm Cross
- Purified Water (75)
- Lesser Mana Potion (3)
- Head Mirror

View attachment 292232
Bard's Bag - Contains bard class oriented items (Requires Thorium to be installed)
- Flute
- Harmonica
- Music Notes

View attachment 292233
Druid's Bag - Contains druid class oriented items (Requires Mod of Redemption to be installed)
- Acorn Stave
- Copper Cross

View attachment 292234
Shaman's Bag - Contains druid class oriented items (Requires Orchid Mod to be installed)
- Adorned Branch
- Deep Forest Charm
- Mana Crystal (1)
- Lesser Mana Potion (3)

View attachment 292235
Mystic's Bag - Contains mystic class oriented items (Requires The Enigma Mod to be installed)
- Freya's Fley
- Swiftness Potion (1)
- Spore Cloud

The following items can be crafted with their respective Vanilla class bag.
View attachment 292237Thorium Warrior's Bag - Contains melee class oriented items (Requires Thorium to be installed)
- Ocean Slasher
- Life Crystal (1)
- Ruby Ring
- Ironskin Potion (1)
View attachment 292238
Thorium Ranger's Bag - Contains ranged class oriented items (Requires Thorium to be installed)
- Frost Fury
- Archery Potion (1)
- Wooden Arrow (100)
- Emerald Ring
View attachment 292236
Thorium Mage's Bag - Contains magic class oriented items (Requires Thorium to be installed)
- Ice Cube
- Mana Crystal (1)
- Lesser Mana Potion (3)
- Mana Bauble

View attachment 292239Thorium Summoner's Bag - Contains summoner class oriented items (Requires Thorium to be installed)
- Seahorse Wand
- Summoning Potion (1)
- Thorns Potion (1)
- Living Wood Sap
View attachment 292240
Thorium Thrower's Bag - Contains throwing class oriented items (Requires Thorium to be installed)
- Cactus Needle (75)
- Severed Hand (50)
- Swiftness Potion (1)
- Wreath

The following items can be crafted with their respective Vanilla class bag.
View attachment 292251Calamity Warrior's Bag - Contains melee class oriented items (Requires Calamity to be installed)
- Cnidarian
- Life Crystal (1)
- Burnt Sienna
- Ironskin Potion (1)
View attachment 292243
Calamity Ranger's Bag - Contains ranged class oriented items (Requires Calamity to be installed)
- Seabow
- Archery Potion (1)
- Wooden Arrow (100)
- Rusty Medallion
View attachment 292244
Calamity Mage's Bag - Contains magic class oriented items (Requires Calamity to be installed)
- Coral Spout
- Mana Crystal (1)
- Lesser Mana Potion (3)

View attachment 292245Calamity Summoner's Bag - Contains summoner class oriented items (Requires Calamity to be installed)
- Wulfrum Controller
- Summoning Potion (1)
- Thorns Potion (1)
- Wulfrum Battery

Current Version: 1.1.0.1
Replaced the old bag sprites with new sprites provided by Vervine
Big thank you to Verveine (owner of the Orchid Mod) for providing me with some updated bag sprites, as well as allowing me to use them, please check out their mod! Thanks so much to all of you as well, for helping this mod reach 114000 downloads!

Enjoy this mod? You can help support it by pasting this link in your signature:

[url=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/starter-classes.94809/][img]https://i.imgur.com/WC4Wsa7.png[/img][/url]

View attachment 287175
It acts as a image banner, and people can access this forum post by clicking on it. Thank you! :)
I'm not able to find the reaper starting bag that's added with the guardians mod. Could you please help me figure this out?

I'm not able to find the reaper starting bag that's added with the guardians mod. Could you please help me figure this out?
Damn it, in the most recent update I made to the mod I must have accidentally changed something, because the Reaper Bag no longer registers as an item. I'll get around to fixing this in the next couple of updates, sorry for the inconvenience :sigh:

Damn it, in the most recent update I made to the mod I must have accidentally changed something, because the Reaper Bag no longer registers as an item. I'll get around to fixing this in the next couple of updates, sorry for the inconvenience :sigh:
It's all good, man. Take your time.

Back
Top Bottom