tModLoader [1.4.1.2 TT2] Advanced world generation seeds

Gaelyte

Terrarian
After watching the video series of Wand of Sparking about the randomized world, I wanted to make a seed that features it, and there it is !
This is a 1.4.1.2 Terraria Tweaker 2 plugin and a Tmodloader mod that allows to create a world with new seeds.

Content

The main focus of this world is based on the world generation with special seeds. This mod features various seeds that you can use to generate different worlds.

There are currently 4 options on the tmod version and 7 on the TT2 version, but more will be added in the future :
  • Random : Features a world where each block and wall type is randomized.
  • Painted : Features a world where each block and wall type get a paint.
  • NotTheBees (1.4)
  • SmallNotTheBees (1.4) : Like NotTheBees, but the world isn't replaced by a big jungle.
  • Drunk (1.4)
  • ForTheWorthy (1.4)
  • Entropy : Features a normal world, but each dusk and dawn, a part of the world has one type of tiles and walls randomized.
  • Santa : Unlike the others, this seed is christmas themed.
randomWorld.png

An example of a 1.4 random world

Usage

TmodLoader
For now, you can simply use the 4 seeds given above, an UI will be soon done

TT2
Every seed is noted in the SeedTranslation.json file in an easily readable format like this :
JSON:
"seedName":[
    "Option1",
    "Option2"
]
This example means that if you create a world with the seed "seedName"(case insensitive), it will be created following the two options "Option1" and "Option2"

Flexibility

If you want a group of options that isn't in the mod files, that's not a problem, you can create your seed by typing the name of two seeds (or more), separated by a coma.
This mod also allow you to set the randomization seed to special seeds, allowing you to copy worlds created with this mod activated.
A world created with a special seed will indeed be modified to show the randomization seed of the world after a colon. (for example, the world in the picture above is 1.4.2.random:298997803)

Installation
Tmodloader
Simply download it through the mod browser or download the tmod.zip file below, unpack it then put it in your mod folder as usual

Terraria Tweaker 2
To use this mod, you will first have to download Terraria Tweaker 2(1.4.1.2 compatible) and the tt2.zip file linked to this post.
When TT2 is installed, launch it and create a tweak list.
Edit this list and open the plugin manager
Tick the enable plugins option and open the plugin folder
Open the downloaded zip file and place the .dll in the plugin folder
In the TT2 interface, activate RandomGen.dll (if it is not shown, restart TT2)
You can now launch the tweak list and the mod will be activated

(optional) You can also right-click on the tweak list and make shortcut to avoid lauching TT2 each time you want to play
(optional) You can also go to advanced then click perform operation to create a Terraria.exe that includes the mod and can be directly launched with Steam

Note for people who have downloaded the old version as a .cs : disable it in your tweak list before deleting it from the plugin folder, it will cause bug otherwise

Source code

The TT2 source code can be found in the zip file of the plugin.
The tmodloader source code can be found on GitHub.

Attachments

• RandomGen.tt2.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 822
  • AdvancedSeedGen.tmod.zip
    65.1 KB · Views: 772
Last edited:
For theses who downloaded it before this post, I forgot to remove a debug thing in the previous version, this one should be better

New version with 3 more seeds :
  • for the bees/for the bees! : a fusion of for the worthy and not the bees!, to die even faster
  • for the random : for the worthy, but randomized
  • not the random! : not the bees, but randomized. Note that the initial block replacement to make the world a jungle is skipped to not have only 5 blocks in the world

Are you aware you can call WorldGen.SquareTileFrame() to fix up surrounding blocks after changing one? I guess you don't want to break trees, cactus, vines, etc that are on invalid blocks?

Are you aware you can call WorldGen.SquareTileFrame() to fix up surrounding blocks after changing one? I guess you don't want to break trees, cactus, vines, etc that are on invalid blocks?
Where are the "broken" blocks ? They were already in a good shape before being transformed, trees and plants are fine on invalid bricks, only the cacti that are destroyed and sand/silt/slush that fall are not totally satisfying

Where are the "broken" blocks ? They were already in a good shape before being transformed, trees and plants are fine on invalid bricks, only the cacti that are destroyed and sand/silt/slush that fall are not totally satisfying
My understanding is that tiles have a "frameX" and "frameY" which determines the graphic a block uses. Different block types use frames differently, so changing the tile type without updating the frames might make the borders between tiles look weird for depending on the block types. Most of the things it fixes are probably getting fixed up later as an extra step at the end of Worldgen so I'm not sure if you need to worry about it if you never modify blocks while the level is loaded.

My understanding is that tiles have a "frameX" and "frameY" which determines the graphic a block uses. Different block types use frames differently, so changing the tile type without updating the frames might make the borders between tiles look weird for depending on the block types. Most of the things it fixes are probably getting fixed up later as an extra step at the end of Worldgen so I'm not sure if you need to worry about it if you never modify blocks while the level is loaded.
Nah, hopefully every block is drawn the same way so for example an upper-left corner frame will always be on the same position for every sprite

trying out this plugin be like

Capture 2020-09-19 17_14_56.png

at least i'll have no issue getting demonite

(grass is now copper plating, stone is now honeyfalls and dirt is now demonite EDIT: and sand is now luminite, lucky me)

edit: waitwhatjusthappened
so it turns out sand has been replaced by luminite
i am lukk

edit2:
iamsupalukk
as soon as i can get a titanium/adamantite forge i'll be able to craft luminite bars
it turns out luminite is minable with anything

Last edited:
I don't know if it will really be useful as luminite needs the ancient manipulator to be transformed into bar or other useful ingredient and demonite need you to beat the EoW to be really usable
You'll be rich though

I don't know if it will really be useful as luminite needs the ancient manipulator to be transformed into bar or other useful ingredient and demonite need you to beat the EoW to be really usable
You'll be rich though
oh right of course i forgot you need the manipulator for luminite tho the demon bow will be useful against EoC

EDIT:
a funny happened
Capture 2020-09-19 18_11_55.png

corrupt chasms

Last edited:
New version featuring few tiles removed from the pool of randomized tiles for better experience (traps and temporary ice blocks) and a new seed : "painted random" that also paint tiles and wall with a random paint (including none), the same for every tile

Back
Top Bottom