Game Mechanics A completely new weapon type for Summoners.

Do you want Focus and Focused Summons to be implemented in the game?

• Total voters

CantWontDo

Retinazer
As I have been browsing the forums, I have seen a lot of posts clamoring for a buff to summoners, even after whips were introduced. So, my solution are focused summons.
Part 1: Focus
Focus would be a new mechanic in game specifically for summoners, similar to mana for mages. The way it would work would be a bar next to your mana stars. This bar, representing your current amount of focus, would fill up a small amount each time you hit an enemy consecutively. Example: Whipping Skeletron Prime's head four times in a row fills up your focus bar by 25%. The max amount of focus you could have at a time could be increased by visiting a meditation chamber in the center of your world after beating a boss for the first time in that world.
Part 2: Focused summons
Focused summons would use focus over time. You would hold down x seconds and consume y focus. The more focus you consumed the longer your focused summon would remain. Focused summons continually summon minions or one strong minion for a limited amount of time depending on how much focus you consumed. Imagine, the ground cracking open and a giant lava serpent coming out of the ground, blasting your enemies with a barrage of fireballs, and then leaving!
P.S: Don't actually expect this to get implemented, I just thought it was a cool idea.

Alternative Idea by Shady Glasses:
Focus acts like mana, and instead of continually summoning minions, they summon a very strong minion that you can only have one of active at a time.

Last edited:
I think focus is an interesting idea, but it should work differently. Focus should be like mana - regenerating by itself, no need to hit enemies. you would use focus to summon temporary, strong summons, being able to only have one active at a time. Focus would also be depleted by a large amount if you get hit, incetivizing the player to dodge.

I think focus is an interesting idea, but it should work differently. Focus should be like mana - regenerating by itself, no need to hit enemies. you would use focus to summon temporary, strong summons, being able to only have one active at a time. Focus would also be depleted by a large amount if you get hit, incetivizing the player to dodge.
Hmmmm. It doesn't really fit in with my idea. However, I don't really like my idea much anymore. You can create your own post and I will link to it in mine

Back
Top Bottom