Blocks & Decoration Ambient Objects and Ecto Mist

Firch

Official Terrarian
Currently, ambient objects are unobtainable. Would be cool if we are able to craft ambient objects with heavy workbench in Ecto Mist.
Why Ecto Mist? Because it already needed to make some previously unobtainable blocks, like natural walls or gemstone ores.
Large_Ambient_Objects.png

Last edited:
Yes please!
Although it also would be good if they wouldn't just break upon hitting them with a pickaxe, but drop the item and it can be placed again.

Chad'sFurni mod has such - for pre 1.4. objects. - hopefully that gets updated once T-modloader caught up, but if not, I could add these to Wacky NPCs too (there are a few additional furnitures there anyway, besides the guards)

But it would be even more convinient, if it would be in the vanilla game, isn't it? these are great additions for builds.
Actually same goes for other stuff that break so easily, like cattails and water lilies. it would be great to either have placeable versions of them that doesn't break, or has a way to make player nor harm them, like as someone suggested and item like that book that prevents you from hurting critters.

Currently, ambient objects are unobtainable. Would be cool if we are able to craft ambient objects with heavy workbench in Ecto Mist.
Why Ecto Mist? Because it already needed to make some previously unobtainable blocks, like natural walls or gemstone ores.
View attachment 285539
Yes. In particular I've always had my eyes on all of the underground/cavern ambient deco. The just break into nothing when you hit them.

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

and

YES!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!
I was going to play journey mode just because I thought this option would be available there. But no.. And now I just keep building in Expert.

The building community already uses these object with the help of T-Edit, but we would benefit soooo much from the ability to do this legit :O

Also, please let us craft and place shadow spheres and crimson hearts as well! At least late in game!

Some additional things to mention: The Fallen Log (crafted form some Wood and Worms), Demon/Crimson Altars (crafted by Ebon/Crimstone and Scale/Tissue, look and function the same as Natural ones, but only removable by a pickaxe), Also, Shadow orb/Crimson heart, Pots, Crystal Heart, Life Fruits, Larvae (Antlion's or queen Bee's), Plantera's Bulb could be added as pure Decorations (removable by a pickaxe)

Last edited:
Some additional things to mention: The Fallen Log (crafted form some Wood and Worms), Demon/Crimson Altars (crafted by Ebon/Crimstone and Scale/Tissue, look and function the same as Natural ones, but only removable by a pickaxe) and Shadow orb/Crimson heart (just look the same as nature onesremovable, but only by a pickaxe)
That fallen log should have fairies in its recipe instead because fairies spawn there.

Yes this is a great idea! Also worth mentioning there are a few other missing ambient objects could be included.
Fake Sword Shrine: Copper/Tin Shortsword + stone,
Real Sword Shrine: Enchanted Sword+stone(break to recover sword) Actually how easy/hard would it be to modify it to support any sword in the stone?
Antlion Eggs: Fried Egg?(any better suggestions?) +Antlion mandibles (This way you can unlock antlion larvae in old worlds prior to their existence)

As 99,9% of comments above says - yes! What a great idea! No clue why this suggestion is still so unpopular...

Antlion Eggs: Fried Egg?(any better suggestions?) +Antlion mandibles (This way you can unlock antlion larvae in old worlds prior to their existence)
Fried Eggs drop from Wall Creepers, Black Recluses, and Sand Poachers. I think it's safe to say that's a bit hard to get just for an Antlion Egg.

Fried Eggs drop from Wall Creepers, Black Recluses, and Sand Poachers. I think it's safe to say that's a bit hard to get just for an Antlion Egg.
Yeah it isn't perfect but I don't have any better ideas can you think of a better alternative I have missed? The point would mainly be for Bestiary data into pre 1.4 worlds

Back
Top Bottom