Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Hi, is there a site or discord for sharing schematics? I found some old ones but the download links weren't working anymore.

Hi,

Can someone tell me what the "mask" feature is please?

Thanks.

Say you have the Brush tool selected and for the material (the top most drop down) you have dirt block selected. And for "Mask Mode" you have "Edit Matching" selected, then next to "Mask", you have Stone Block selected. When you go to start painting with dirt block, it will only place dirt blocks where stone blocks are already placed, replacing them with dirt.

So the "Mask Mode" applies to the material selected underneath (except for "Edit Empty", which just edits where no blocks already are). So just read the Mask Mode, followed by the material selected underneath.

"Disable Mask" disables the function, where the bottom selected material no longer affects anything. Also, you can swap the top and bottom selected materials with the hotkey "X", very handy when frequently switching between 2 types of material.

Hi, is there a site or discord for sharing schematics? I found some old ones but the download links weren't working anymore.
I've previously searched for a database of schematics and wasn't able to find one. Only came across 1 collection someone posted. I ran into the same issue where some links were no longer working. FYI, i didn't spend much time really searching though.

Last edited:
Say you have the Brush tool selected and for the material (the top most drop down) you have dirt block selected. And for "Mask Mode" you have "Edit Matching" selected, then next to "Mask", you have Stone Block selected. When you go to start painting with dirt block, it will only place dirt blocks where stone blocks are already placed, replacing them with dirt.
So if there is a big area of stone with a vein of copper running through it, I can use the brush to change it to another ore without changing the stone?

So if there is a big area of stone with a vein of copper running through it, I can use the brush to change it to another ore without changing the stone?
Exactly. It is very helpful for terrain editing, and other cases that i'm sure you'll start to find the more you use the program. Sry for the late reply btw.

Exactly. It is very helpful for terrain editing, and other cases that i'm sure you'll start to find the more you use the program. Sry for the late reply btw.
I've been playing with it, it's a great feature. And you're not on a deadline so don't worry about it...

I've just discovered the hammer brush!!! No more hours of sloping terrain!!!

I LOVE this tool!!!

Its finally here 1.4.1 has update, hopefully someone update tedit 1.4.1 good luck. ;)
As far as i know, a TEdit update isn't actually needed. I'm using TEdit atm with pre-1.4.1 maps and have edited them with TEdit, saved, and played in-game without any issues or warnings from TEdit.

@BinaryConstruct A while back, after TEdit 4.0.0-beta 28 was released, I submitted a bug report on Github about textures requiring +1 zoom level to be rendered. You responded back letting me know that was intentional for performance reasons, but also mentioned that you would possibly include some sort of option that allowed ppl to have textures rendered at a lower zoom level (for ppl who have systems who can handle it).

I am still using beta-27 because of this and am requesting for the feature you considered :) Maybe though, you could assist me in figuring out how to do it myself? I have made my own edit (with vague assistance from another user) to the TEdit.exe using dnSpy to make TEdit work with increased item stack sizes. So I am a little familiar with the process that may be required for me to edit what I am requesting for.

Last edited:
Downloaded and used this for the first time since.... geez idk when. I think it was pre 1.3.

I remember there being a function to search for and highlight all blocks or sprites of a certain type but I can't seem to find it.

Downloaded and used this for the first time since.... geez idk when. I think it was pre 1.3.

I remember there being a function to search for and highlight all blocks or sprites of a certain type but I can't seem to find it.
You might be thinking of "Terrafirma" or "TerraMap", which have those features. But last time i checked (a couple weeks ago), one of those programs (don't remember which) hadn't been updated for v1.4.1 and was unable to open maps that have been saved w/ the new Terraria version.
TEdit can highlight all chests containing a specific item, or Plantera bulbs, and possibly 1 other similar feature that i'm not remembering.

I don't think i used TEdit pre-1.3.5, so wouldn't know if it used to have the mentioned feature back that long ago.

@anyone

I started a new world and ran into the problem where you find the angler and talk to him but he never moves in, despite the fact that his sprite shows in the housing tab. Someone recommended that I use TEdit to delete him and then respawn him, which I tried. Thankfully he showed up the next morning (now he goes by the name of Angler rather than Bobby). However, every time I leave the base the angler disappears, only to return the following morning @4:30 (as long as I'm not there). As you might suppose, this makes turning in quests rather difficult.

Any suggestions?

Is there a way of adding dripping liquids? The water and lava variants are listed in the sprite section but there's no sprite for them.

@anyone

I started a new world and ran into the problem where you find the angler and talk to him but he never moves in, despite the fact that his sprite shows in the housing tab. Someone recommended that I use TEdit to delete him and then respawn him, which I tried. Thankfully he showed up the next morning (now he goes by the name of Angler rather than Bobby). However, every time I leave the base the angler disappears, only to return the following morning @4:30 (as long as I'm not there). As you might suppose, this makes turning in quests rather difficult.

Any suggestions?
Can you find him on the map?

@anyone

Any suggestions?
The recent 1.4.1 update brought a bug that causes NPCs to not move into houses when the house is designed a certain way. As far as i know, there are no concrete answers explaining what exactly makes a house experience the bug, but it appears to happen mostly when either building a really small house or possibly a house that just doesn't have a regular door that would physically allow an NPC to access it.
I was having the bug with all my little 5x12 boxes. But building a bit bigger house and including a door has solved the issue for.

Regarding the weird issue you're explaining about the Angler disappearing when you leave ur base, i'm not so sure about. But do you have him showing up in your housing menu? i.e., are able to choose a home for him? If so, then just try building a new house and keep in mind what i explained above.

Thanks for the replies. I did switch around my housing which seemed to solve the problem. You know how fussy kids can be.

I've run into an issue - I have a png of a build I want to copy from a friend, but not the world (and can't contact him while he's overseas), but when I try and import it into schematics it just gives a big empty chunk that erases 99% of the blocks in a huge area. The actual build is only like 150 blocks or so wide with about 200 tall, yet it erases an area easily four times that size. I've tried importing other pngs since then, and none of them work. They all do the same thing, whether pngs of a terraria build, random images, or even pixel art (which I was sure would work). Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

I've run into an issue - I have a png of a build I want to copy from a friend, but not the world (and can't contact him while he's overseas), but when I try and import it into schematics it just gives a big empty chunk that erases 99% of the blocks in a huge area. The actual build is only like 150 blocks or so wide with about 200 tall, yet it erases an area easily four times that size. I've tried importing other pngs since then, and none of them work. They all do the same thing, whether pngs of a terraria build, random images, or even pixel art (which I was sure would work). Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.
Can't you open your friends map in TEdit, select & copy what you want, then open your map and just paste it in?

Back
Top Bottom