tModLoader Terrarchitect

GurgleNurgle

Terrarian
Logo.png

Welcome to the TCF thread for our mod Terrarchitect!
It's a build / furniture mod that adds a wide variety of custom-made, high-quality decorational items and blocks to Terraria!
It also aims to make some previously unbobtainable or unplacable vanilla items available.

Line of Items.png

You can find Terrarchitect in the tmodloader browser or alternatively download it using the link below!

Be aware that all of the new items, except the ones you can buy from NPCs, can only be crafted at a new crafting station, the Terrarchitect Catalog, craftable at a sawmill.

We highly recommend installing the mod “Shop Expander” to avoid overflowing the inventories of shop NPCs.

Feel free to make suggestions and notify us if you encounter bugs or general inconsistencies and we'd love it if you shared screenshots of your builds if you made use of Terrarchitect.
- added 104 new items
- added 50 new items
- added 20 vanilla items that were unobtainable / unplaceable
- added crafting recipe for vanilla Books
- Diving Board can now protrude over holes and functions like a platform
- Golden Bell can now be placed on the ceiling
- Parasol now allows for the placement of items below it
- fixed Water Bowl not being purchasable from the Merchant
- made a lot of 1.0 items rotatable
- revamped / adjusted sprites for some 1.0 items
- added 27 new blocks and walls
- added crafting recipe for Paper
- added crafting recipe for vanilla Spikes
- added crafting recipe for vanilla Leather
- added crafting recipe for Decorative Hellstone and Decorative Hellstone Brick
- Rocking Chair now counts as comfort item
- Water Pump now functions like a sink
- Terrarchitect Catalog now requires a Sawmill to be crafted and no longer doubles as a Work Bench
- visually revamped sprites for 96 items
- Coffee Cup, Coffin, Pile of Books, Pile of Dishes, Snowman and Stack of Fabric are now rotatable
- Coffin, Mailbox and Pickaxe Rack have a new size
- Broom, Shovel, Rake, Hoe and Pitchfork no longer require walls to be placed
- Coffin now has a solid top
- Bird House, Bonsai Tree, Chessboard, Green Lawnmower, Parasol, Parchment, Pile of Scrolls and Pinned Note are no longer sold by NPCs and have crafting recipes instead
- made some items rotatable that previously weren’t
- adjusted a lot of crafting recipes
- added crafting recipe for vanilla Clay
- the Traveling Merchant now has all of the mod’s items associated with him on offer at all times and all of them at once
- Sidewalk Sign and Small Note can now be edited to display messages like a sign
- Dog House, Water Bowl, Food Bowl, Bird House and Scratch Tree are now sold by the Zoologist
- Fire Extinguisher and Old Minecart are now sold by the Demolitionist
- Sidewalk Sign is now sold by the Merchant
- Large Hammer and Scythe no longer require walls to be placed
- Drinking Glass, Champagne Glass, Coffee Cup and Chessboard can now be placed on the ground, not just tables and platforms
- added crafting recipes for 110 previously uncraftable vanilla items, namely Blue Dungeon Furniture, Green Dungeon Furniture, Pink Dungeon Furniture, Golden Furniture, Gothic Furniture, Obsidian Furniture, Biome Chests, Lanterns and more
- Dungeon Bricks can now be converted into their other variants
- added craftable and placeable versions of all 87 vanilla pots
- added important new crafting materials, namely Electronic Components, Crude Oil Barrel (placeable), Plastic Bar (placeable) and Porcelain
- adjusted a bunch of crafting recipes to make them more interesting and fitting
- overhauled Journey Mode research requirements for all items to be in line with vanilla
- gave tooltips to most items with functionality
- removed Deco Flask of Venom, Deco Healing Potion, Deco Hunter Potion, Deco Ironskin Potion, Deco Magic Power Potion, Deco Mana Potion, Deco Mining Potion, Deco Sonar Potion, Forest Pot, Forest Vase, Ancient Pot, Ancient Vase, Desert Pot, Jungle Pot, Lihzahrd Pot, Pyramid Pot
- Patchwork Fabric is now crafted in stacks of 4 instead of 1
- fixed minor visual errors for Hazard Warning Wall, Leadlight Wall, Truss, Steel Girder and Air Duct
- Bee Nest, Bird House, Bird Nest, Cash Register, Dressing Screen, Easel, Golden Bell, Gong, Old Minecart, Scales, Service Bell, Ship Cannon, Stamp and Telescope are now craftable and no longer sold by NPCs
- Axe Wall Mount, Suit of Armor and Sword Wall Mount are now sold by NPCs and can no longer be crafted
- fixed incorrect item name for Paper
- added craftable and placeable decorative versions of the following vanilla items:

72 Potions / Flasks / etc.
7 Gems
7 Large Gems
8 Acorns / Gemcorns
21 Treasure Bags
4 Thorny Bushes (Corruption, Crimson, Jungle, Plantera)
Crimson Altar

Demon Altar
Life Fruit
Fallen Log
Plantera’s Bulb
Larva
Celestial Sigil
Mysterious Tablet
Crimson Heart

Shadow Orb

- added a new item called Meteorite Rock
- added crafting recipes for vanilla Catacomb and Wooden Spike
- added safe versions of Spike and Wooden Spike
- Porcelain can now be placed and works like a beam-type block
- adjusted recipe for Fruit Bowl

Example Build.png

Terrarchitect Subreddit
Item List / Cheat Sheet
TAT_Steam.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Mod Version: 1.7 for Terraria 1.4.4

Spriting & Project Lead by @GurgleNurgle
Coding by @silent_ptr
Spriting by @Eye of Rage (no longer active)
Coding by Zandberg (no longer active)​

Attachments

• Example Build.png
    Example Build.png
    354.1 KB · Views: 6,320
Last edited:
The general direction is pretty nice.
I kinda think some of the sprites could use some more tinkering with colors, shading, etc. though. - I'm not an expert in that, it's just that some feel a bit lacking. But overall, the ideas are pretty cool.

(there are a few items that quite closely resemble items that are in other similar furniture mods though, like Chad's Furnitures, like, the birdhouse or the small globe... this might be alright, but I just kinda wonder if it's all fine. I'm assuming it's just a coincidence?)

I would be curious to hear more about how they are interactable too! Would you tell more about that too?

The general direction is pretty nice.
I kinda think some of the sprites could use some more tinkering with colors, shading, etc. though. - I'm not an expert in that, it's just that some feel a bit lacking. But overall, the ideas are pretty cool.

(there are a few items that quite closely resemble items that are in other similar furniture mods though, like Chad's Furnitures, like, the birdhouse or the small globe... this might be alright, but I just kinda wonder if it's all fine. I'm assuming it's just a coincidence?)

I would be curious to hear more about how they are interactable too! Would you tell more about that too?

Hi and thank you for your comment!

Yeah I've gotten back into pixel art only recently, basically right at the moment his mod was conceptualized. So I've still got a lot to learn! :)

Of course I know of Chad's mod and I used parts of his work as inspiration in the sense of "Oh, a telescope, that's a good idea." but then I created my own sprites for it. You can make the same object only look so different on a resolution this low. :)

I don't want to spoil too much when it comes to the interactivity. :) I can say that almost all the bottles and cups also function as Placed Bottle crafting stations for example and the grill and cooking pot can be used to cook. There are some more elaborate functions but I don't want to give away too much! :)

Once again, thank you for the reply!

Hi and thank you for your comment!

Yeah I've gotten back into pixel art only recently, basically right at the moment his mod was conceptualized. So I've still got a lot to learn! :)

Of course I know of Chad's mod and I used parts of his work as inspiration in the sense of "Oh, a telescope, that's a good idea." but then I created my own sprites for it. You can make the same object only look so different on a resolution this low. :)

I don't want to spoil too much when it comes to the interactivity. :) I can say that almost all the bottles and cups also function as Placed Bottle crafting stations for example and the grill and cooking pot can be used to cook. There are some more elaborate functions but I don't want to give away too much! :)

Once again, thank you for the reply!
With a little tinkering here and there, I'm pretty sure all of them will look awesome. Many of them already looks awesome.

Yes, the small size makes it quite limited, how something can look like - I guess it's more like that my approach is more along the line like "that mod already have a furniture like that, I should make something else" but that might be just me.

And, I would be interested to hear more - if you don't want to write it here, then telling in PM could work just as well. like, I'm generally curious (and I'm probably not the only one with that) but I'm also interested if you know about some cool functions that I could tinker with too. because I'm not good with coding and some help would be nice...
so, with other words, it might would be interesting to collab, if you're interested. whether it's about spriting, or coding. I'm quite interested in that too, if you have some more ideas for guards.
well, that's a bit off topic, so, we can talk about that in PMs or something, if you would like.

With a little tinkering here and there, I'm pretty sure all of them will look awesome. Many of them already looks awesome.

Yes, the small size makes it quite limited, how something can look like - I guess it's more like that my approach is more along the line like "that mod already have a furniture like that, I should make something else" but that might be just me.

And, I would be interested to hear more - if you don't want to write it here, then telling in PM could work just as well. like, I'm generally curious (and I'm probably not the only one with that) but I'm also interested if you know about some cool functions that I could tinker with too. because I'm not good with coding and some help would be nice...
so, with other words, it might would be interesting to collab, if you're interested. whether it's about spriting, or coding. I'm quite interested in that too, if you have some more ideas for guards.
well, that's a bit off topic, so, we can talk about that in PMs or something, if you would like.

I did think about that a lot, meaning the question whether to add items that are already covered by other furniture mods but since Chad hasn't updated his mod in 2 years and me wanting to create the mod as an independent piece of content, I decided to also add items that other mods already offer. :)

Right now I'm very focused on working closely with my coder since we didn't know each other before our collab and therefore I'm not really interested in collabing with additional people at the moment, but I did take a look at your mod and I like the idea of adding more resources to the game that allow to make your city more lively and feel more "lived in". Good job! :)

I did think about that a lot, meaning the question whether to add items that are already covered by other furniture mods but since Chad hasn't updated his mod in 2 years and me wanting to create the mod as an independent piece of content, I decided to also add items that other mods already offer. :)

Right now I'm very focused on working closely with my coder since we didn't know each other before our collab and therefore I'm not really interested in collabing with additional people at the moment, but I did take a look at your mod and I like the idea of adding more resources to the game that allow to make your city more lively and feel more "lived in". Good job! :)
Alright, that's understandable. Yeah, it's too bad Chad didn't updated his mod since ages...

And, that's understandable too. Still, if you have some ideas, feel free to share! And thank you!

And, if it's not much of a trouble, at some point, I would love to hear for example, how you coded wall-mounted furnitures. I tried that, according to the example mod, but it just gave me an error... I wanted to make wall-mounted shields and stuff that could go well for fortresses and castles, fitting for the theme of some guards, etc.
this is nowhere urgent, but if you could explain that in PM, that would be a very big help.

Alright, that's understandable. Yeah, it's too bad Chad didn't updated his mod since ages...

And, that's understandable too. Still, if you have some ideas, feel free to share! And thank you!

And, if it's not much of a trouble, at some point, I would love to hear for example, how you coded wall-mounted furnitures. I tried that, according to the example mod, but it just gave me an error... I wanted to make wall-mounted shields and stuff that could go well for fortresses and castles, fitting for the theme of some guards, etc.
this is nowhere urgent, but if you could explain that in PM, that would be a very big help.

Maybe he'll return once the modloader updates to 1.4, we'll see!

Since I'm not involved with the coding I have no idea how this works but once my coder is available again (we live in very different time zones and he's sleeping right now) I'll ask him to elaborate on this topic a little and I will message you once I know more. :)

Maybe he'll return once the modloader updates to 1.4, we'll see!

Since I'm not involved with the coding I have no idea how this works but once my coder is available again (we live in very different time zones and he's sleeping right now) I'll ask him to elaborate on this topic a little and I will message you once I know more. :)
Yes, that would be amazing. He was also planning an electric additions update, but that update never happened (so far)...

Oh, I see. That would be great! Thank you very much in advance!

I love this mod, but this - "added crafting recipe for vanilla books (3 x Any Wood)" the recipe can be slighty different for make it more "balanced" when is the mod active with the Chad's Furniture ? cause both mods have that recipe and your mod recipe i think is cheaper :happy:

I love this mod, but this - "added crafting recipe for vanilla books (3 x Any Wood)" the recipe can be slighty different for make it more "balanced" when is the mod active with the Chad's Furniture ? cause both mods have that recipe and your mod recipe i think is cheaper :happy:
Hi and thank you for the words of support!
I actually didn't know that Chad's mod also adds that. :) But we more or less try to develop the mod in a way where we pretend that Chad's mod doesn't exist to make it function independently and be its own thing, also given the probability that Chad won't update his mod anymore. But I'll definitely think about it, thank you for the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom