Console Guide for Mage Playthroughs

Kane Schmitz

Spazmatism
If you need help with a Mage class playthrough, I can provide tips. DC6D3BF0-CCD9-43F4-B31B-28CBB2D6599B.png
If someone asks for advice on a section, I’ll put it up on the top of the page so nobody else asks that same question.

Starting Out
Don’t limit yourself to mage until you have a magic weapon.
1. Explore the nearby area. If you’re lucky, you might find a Giant Tree (for cheap housing) or a Wand Of Sparking. The wand will be helpful throughout early Pre-Hardmode, as it gives the on Fire Debuff.
2. Mine. At a bare minimum, gather the materials for an Amethyst/Topaz Staff.
3. Go to the Underground Jungle. Not only can you get cheap armor, Jungle Armor is also the best mage armor in pre-Hardmode.
4. Go to the Corruption with lots of sticky bombs. Blast open 2 shadow orbs, which can do three things: A). Allow a Meteor to fall B). Supply a Vilethorn, a powerful weapon against the EoW or C) grant a Band Of Starpower.

Last edited:
Hi @ChimeraWarden, it would be great if you can share some of those tips up front. The “Terraria Guides” section is for presenting a guide on how to do something, so a guide with no tips doesn’t much help. :)

Please feel free to use the Edit button on your first post here to add in your tips.
Thanks, just thinking they could tell me what boss they’re at, and then I could tell them.

Thanks, just thinking they could tell me what boss they’re at, and then I could tell them.
Well, but there are three whole sections for members to ask questions in:

I understand you’re trying to help, and that is great, but you’re trying to make a thread take the place of entire sections of the forums that already exist. This section (“Terrraia Guides”) is for presenting a guide. You haven’t done that yet. :)

Starting Out
Don’t limit yourself to Magic Weapons until you have a magic weapon.
1. Explore the nearby area. If you get lucky, you may get a Wand Or Sparking.
Hi @ChimeraWarden, I think there was some confusion. If you are presenting a guide (like the post you just made), it needs to be here in the "Terraria Guides" section. So I moved it over to here. Please use the Edit button on your first post here to include whatever tips you want to give about the Mage class. Please don't create more threads about this.

Send me a private message HERE if you're unsure what I'm asking you to do.

@ChimeraWarden.
I see a problem with your guide.
Blasting a shadow orb no longer allows meteors to fall, you must beat EoW / BoC first now, this change was made in 1.4, since most players were just getting meteor armor everytime.
Still, the rest of the guide is pretty good!

Thanks for adding info to your first post @ChimeraWarden. I believe you play in console, so I’ll move this over to the Console Guides section so that others reading it know you’re referring to the console version.

A few other tips is that you need to set up a Falling start bridge and Fishing holes so that, you may increase your mana and so that you can make potions. Other tips is that you could farm for the enemy Tim, who drops the wizard hat. a whooping 15% percent increase magic damage. That's all for now Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom