Terraria State of the Game - September 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you say this? Just curious. Again, especially if you have the option to maintain the Legacy approach. Is it just the assumption that mobile is inherently inferior in all ways to all other platforms so it cannot possibly translate over and therefore this version will inherently be worse in some way? In what ways are you most concerned that this will be the case? Serious question. :)
I'm just expecting the new UI to be a step closer to mobile and away from the PC version (which I'm currently playing). The only different currently between the two is the navigation as controllers and mice (or is it "mouses" in this context?) are very different.

But, if you're saying that the UI layout is the same, but navigating it is more slick, then great. And most importantly, will the gameplay be the same as what we're used to now?

I'm just expecting the new UI to be a step closer to mobile and away from the PC version (which I'm currently playing). The only different currently between the two is the navigation as controllers and mice (or is it "mouses" in this context?) are very different.

I suspect there may be some UI differences in regards to the DR-side UI - and even if there are, it is at the core the same game. The PW UI is very PC-focused - which has also been a source of complaints over the years. Then again, if the plan to support a "Legacy" version works out, then you can pick whichever you want. Having played all three extensively - I would personally pick the "mobile" UI (obviously customized for consoles/TV) if I were playing on a gamepad. PC is my first and best, of course, but that I play almost exclusively with M+K.

But, if you're saying that the UI layout is the same, but navigating it is more slick, then great

Given how some things work, I do not know if "Legacy" will be an all or nothing affair. Regardless, I always encourage folks to give things a try before they just make assumptions and not try new stuff. :)

will the gameplay be the same as what we're used to now?

Why would it not be? Confused by that one, honestly. In what regard is your concern?

which has also been a source of complaints over the years
I think that was because the Engine version we were so used to was SO different that it was a difficult transition for lots of people. I actually preffered it after a few days of getting used to it was the crafting is so much better.
Why would it not be? Confused by that one, honestly. In what regard is your concern?
As I mentioned above, the console transition from 1.2 to 1.3 was so huge, (which luckily I preferred) that it was almost like a different game - or, more specifically, like a sequel to a game that's the same but different. My concern is that this will be the case between 1.3 and 1.4, and it may not be a positive change. I'll have to wait and see, I might even prefer it.

I think that was because the Engine version we were so used to was SO different that it was a difficult transition for lots of people. I actually preffered it after a few days of getting used to it was the crafting is so much better.

As I mentioned above, the console transition from 1.2 to 1.3 was so huge, (which luckily I preferred) that it was almost like a different game - or, more specifically, like a sequel to a game that's the same but different. My concern is that this will be the case between 1.3 and 1.4, and it may not be a positive change. I'll have to wait and see, I might even prefer it.

I would say that any differences would be VASTLY smaller in that comparison vs the analogous situation you mentioned.

I would say that any differences would be VASTLY smaller in that comparison vs the analogous situation you mentioned.
Fair enough. On a slightly different note, will DR have an active presence on TCF? Or will it be more like PW where we'd have to go through you or someone else at ReLogic?

Fair enough. On a slightly different note, will DR have an active presence on TCF? Or will it be more like PW where we'd have to go through you or someone else at ReLogic?

They are more than welcome to post here - and some have already. They are also on the Discord Server from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom