tModLoader Absolute RPG mod

Kenflesh

Terrarian
I am creating a new mod "Absolute RPG"

What is the essence of this mod?
With it, you can improve anything your character wants. Now in more detail.

Usually, games and mods do not provide full-fledged pumping, they offer you some kind of tree, which is very limited. For example, if you want to be a war and you need more health, please pump over the mana you do not need in the pumping tree in order to open a branch with health.
I never liked this, so I will give complete freedom in choosing what to pump.
Yes, I know it can upset the balance, but that's the point.
Your goal in this mod is to find the best option for pumping stats for you, to get the most out of it.
Is it too casual?
Everything can be corrected based on your feedback!
I also need your ideas, because my imagination is far from endless...

What will the mod look like?
On a specific button set in the control, you can open the panel for pumping stats. By killing monsters, you gain experience. You can pump any stat by spending experience. Each stat will have its own properties and capabilities (for example, for one of them I will try to give the effect of a chlorophyte bullet for all projectiles of the ranger class).

UI.png

Initial UI design
If I understand the config, I can make it so that you can change the colors of the panels.
"This text just for test" - the place where a short description of the stat will appear.
On the left will be shown the data about the player and the stat, on the right there will be a panel for improving stats.
On the stat panel at the top there will be sections according to which the stats will be distributed.
For example, in the "Regeneration" section there may be stats like "Health Regeneration", "Manna Regeneration" and others.
And at the bottom (on the same panel of stats) there will be buttons for switching between pages (when there are a lot of stats for 1 section and they cannot fit on 1 page).

I am currently creating a large set of tools for this mod.
I want him to be able to control the game as much as possible with less effort.
It has the extraction of each stat using reflection, saving each stat, automatic allocation for the interface, and access to various player methods. All this in the place gives a huge scope. You can clip stats as items in tModLoader, each stat will be saved on a specific player in a specific folder on the computer, from which, even by deleting a player, you can use commands to restore all your stats. Because of the saves by the json method, I can add new stats and change old ones without fear, knowing that the mod will not break and you will not lose your progress.
Why am I talking about this?
I will open the source code for everyone.
End if someone likes the mod or the idea, they can contact me and remake it for themselves.
Also, maybe someone will fix my mistakes in the code, because I'm only self-taught.

I lay out the mod and will add and change something in it little by little (new stat every day and other).
While work is underway on him, a lot can change, because of which you will need to create new characters over and over again to understand how he changed. But you do not want to go through the terraria every time to look at 1 new stat, so I will add a command that allows your player to add some experience.
Only your name will become "Cheater", but if you just try something new from the mod, it shouldn't give you any problems.

This mod available for tModLoader in the mod browser. The version is most likely 1.3 and with the release of tModLoader for version 1.4 the mod will go there too.

Attention! It is very important for me!
Now I cannot find a job and I need your help very much.
I can even try to make a mod especially for you for some small amount.
If you want this mod to come out and live for a long time, please support me.
You can advise his friends and acquaintances to make him more popular, also you can support me with money so that
I can spend a lot more time creating my art.
I do everything alone, I also learn programming without the help of other people, I can't draw either, but I try to do something good and of high quality.
Now, for example, in addition to this mod,
I want to update my old Murder RPG mod for terraria (add a new class and change what was there) and create my own indie game for computers and phones.
I can't do any of this without your support, and I hope for you.

I also listen to every person, anyone can write to me, report a problem, suggest an idea, ask about something. I answer everyone (even though I am Russian).

Where can you find me:

Patreon: www.patreon.com/Kenflesh
FaceBook: Security Check Required
PayPal: Pay Русецкий Борис using PayPal.Me
Vk.com: Boris Rusetsky | VK
Discord: me - Kenflesh#3090 and my discord server - Join the Kenflesh Discord Server!

Have a nice day, everyone!

Last edited:
I really like the starting ideas you have presented so far, and I'd like to see where it leads. Good luck. :)

Also, I've downloaded it and will be testing it. :)

Last edited:
I really like the starting ideas you have presented so far, and I'd like to see where it leads. Good luck. :)

Also, I've downloaded it and will be testing it. :)
Many thanks!
You can contact me at any time and express your opinion or ideas

The mod is interesting the Gui needs some better texture or images. The way to get exp is ok but not too good and in Ranged AIM instead of true or false can be better to increase the aggresion of the bullets so every level will become more better

The mod is interesting the Gui needs some better texture or images. The way to get exp is ok but not too good and in Ranged AIM instead of true or false can be better to increase the aggresion of the bullets so every level will become more better
The ranged AIM stat gives the effect of a chlorophyte bullet, as written in the description, so it should not be more aggressive. If you increase the speed or something else, then, perhaps, everything will break (chlorophyte bullet gradually changes the angle towards the enemy and goes forward, and not just flies to the nearest one, so at high speed it can start flying around the monster or something else can happen)
Gaining experience is taken from ordinary RPGs, I can't do any quests, and gaining experience from all actions will either give too little experience (which will not change anything), or too much (which will break system). The player is engaged in killing monsters the whole game from the very first minutes, over time they have more health, and thus it is very convenient to calculate the experience gained from the number of their lives.
And about the interface. I don’t know yet how to add normal images there, and I don’t know how to draw normally. Because of this, it is now better to use the capabilities of the regular terraria interface (then I will try to do something better). In any case, it is not always on the screen, but only when it is necessary to improve something, so I think this is not such a big minus

There is a decently major bug with calamity, where the flurrystorm cannon gets at least 5 times the fire rate and dps it would have after 8 seconds of firing (it has a minigun mechanic), when you activate ranger AIM. In other words, busted beyond belief for some reason.

There is a decently major bug with calamity, where the flurrystorm cannon gets at least 5 times the fire rate and dps it would have after 8 seconds of firing (it has a minigun mechanic), when you activate ranger AIM. In other words, busted beyond belief for some reason.
I tried it and it is very unexpected
I don’t know how this can be fixed, because this happens precisely because of the code used in the chlorophyte bullet from terraria.
This code only affects projectiles, and for some reason this is what provokes the cannon to behave differently, and I do not know why this is happening
It is impossible for me not to remove this effect and the normal operation of the cannon, so either the developed Сalamity will fix this problem, or it will be an interesting mechanic

I like this mod so far but I think the move speed bonuses should be reduced quite a bit or have their cost increased. It feels like I don't need to put very many points into speed before I'm running like the Flash.

I like this mod so far but I think the move speed bonuses should be reduced quite a bit or have their cost increased. It feels like I don't need to put very many points into speed before I'm running like the Flash.
Thanks for your feedback
I will increase the cost of speed

Hey man I just wanted to tell you that I think this mod is awesome and the concept behind it is really cool and refreshing for terraria. Im playing expert Calamity with a couple other difficulty increasing mods and your mod has made this so much more engaging. Terraria is a game where you can do pretty much whatever you want to in terms of balancing I'd say keep it a little on the op side but not too much. At the end of the day its up to the player and how they want to experience the game, if they want to be a god that can kill anything by breathing on it then I think they should be able to. Balance shouldn't really be an issue unless you're looking at balancing the speed modifier because that things a little nuts. Overall, great mod and keep up the awesome work.

Hey bro, I am really enjoying your mod and its is a very good mod to engage with other mods, but I spotted some unbalaced atributtes like the life regen its makes your character soo tought even as a summoner , In my opnion you should decreases 1.0 hp for second to 0.2 Hp for second or something like that (Health Regeneration is BROKEN in Terraria!) , man , you should put more features in melle and trowing like ,melle size ,put critical chance in trowing and a even more cheaper penetration for trowing. I amost forgot i think you should buff summoning damage per level, I mean they naturally are the weaker.Can you make mining ores give exp? I mean mining is kid of boring by itself. (i did'nt want to borrow you more, but can you change the text color to other color for idle, monster kill and boss kill exp? and the leveling menu? i would be soo happy :) . Sorry if has some wrong prepositions or words i am brazilian.)

So about this one " Only your name will become "Cheater", but if you just try something new from the mod, it shouldn't give you any problems. "

There is no way to change the name back? not the big deal just kinda annoying.

When I get the "Gain Multiplier" in Experience, the experience points I already have are reset.
Sorry for my bad English.

Hello, been playing with this mod along with a bunch of other mods, been having a good time. Opinion on balancing? Additional summons/maximum minions is pretty cheap, evasion is incredibly good, and maybe consider a damage reduction stat? Though i think there's some kind of cap coded into the game. Then again, I'm not sure who would get this mod and hope for balance. So far I've been running expert, with Calamity's revengeance+death modes and ElementsAwoken's Awakened mode and this is just the mod I needed to even make progression POSSIBLE. Just what I'd hoped for!

Anyway, now for the issue: I've hit some kind of cap in a couple stats. As you can see below, that's what my "Max Run Speed" looks like and I cannot raise it any further. It simply will not let me, hitting the + does nothing at all. I've also run into this issue with the 'Summon' tab's "Damage Multiplier" at 0.82. Any idea what's going on?
AbsoluteRPG Issue 1.png

Hello, been playing with this mod along with a bunch of other mods, been having a good time. Opinion on balancing? Additional summons/maximum minions is pretty cheap, evasion is incredibly good, and maybe consider a damage reduction stat? Though i think there's some kind of cap coded into the game. Then again, I'm not sure who would get this mod and hope for balance. So far I've been running expert, with Calamity's revengeance+death modes and ElementsAwoken's Awakened mode and this is just the mod I needed to even make progression POSSIBLE. Just what I'd hoped for!

Anyway, now for the issue: I've hit some kind of cap in a couple stats. As you can see below, that's what my "Max Run Speed" looks like and I cannot raise it any further. It simply will not let me, hitting the + does nothing at all. I've also run into this issue with the 'Summon' tab's "Damage Multiplier" at 0.82. Any idea what's going on?

These are not restrictions, but a bug of the mod
In programming, all these numbers are called variables, and computer calculations are not always correct.
Because of this, he counted wrong
The purchase works only if your current value is equal to the maximum, and the computer does not think that the numbers 1 and 1.000000000001 are equal
Because of this, this error occurs
You are not the first person to receive such an error
To fix it, I made it so that when you click on the plus, all the values are rounded
And it seems that then the person's problem was solved
Why did you get it, I don't know
I will look for another way to solve the problem
Can you help me by writing to discord

Back
Top Bottom