Terraria State of the Game - September 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are more than welcome to post here - and some have already. They are also on the Discord Server from time to time.
OK. I only ask because I want to know who and where I should direct a request for a new world seed, as I think a saveable version of the tutorial island would be a great way to end Terraria on console, or at least be the cherry on the cake.

I Am Excited For Mobile/Console
That's All I Have To Say
Yes me 2 but when will they give an actual release day

I suspect there may be some UI differences in regards to the DR-side UI - and even if there are, it is at the core the same game. The PW UI is very PC-focused - which has also been a source of complaints over the years. Then again, if the plan to support a "Legacy" version works out, then you can pick whichever you want. Having played all three extensively - I would personally pick the "mobile" UI (obviously customized for consoles/TV) if I were playing on a gamepad. PC is my first and best, of course, but that I play almost exclusively with M+K.

Given how some things work, I do not know if "Legacy" will be an all or nothing affair. Regardless, I always encourage folks to give things a try before they just make assumptions and not try new stuff. :)

Why would it not be? Confused by that one, honestly. In what regard is your concern?
When will a release day come out?

Yeah think its most likely the best location.
Well then, I would like to request one thing from yall working on the game :)

When I play mobile with an Xbox remote, it’s wonderful! Using the mixture of buttons I can do all sorts of things (except pick teams, gotta turn the remote off for that, which I don’t mind) easily!

But when I use the Xbox remote on an Xbox? There’s so much I can’t do quickly it infuriates me lol. For some reason putting coins in the piggy bank (just hovering over them then pressing the move button) they won’t stack, I either have to take em out of the bank (which stacks them) then put them back, or tap the restock button all the way over “there”(to the right). Plus I can’t do more stuff like zoom in or out in the Xbox (not the map, the normal screen) by holding RB/LB then tapping up or down on the D-Pad ;(

Also why is it that when I tap the Smart-Cruiser (R stick) in mobile it only changes it for that thing your holding but for Xbox it just keeps it like that for every item? I don’t wanna have to keep tapping that button constantly just to do things right (especially such a hard to press one too).

What I’m saying is that you can do so much with mobile using an Xbox remote then you can playing an Xbox with an Xbox remote :/

What I’m asking for is once your done doing your “quantum leap” on mobile, is if you can please update the controls option for the Xbox afterwords. Thank you.

literally copy them into another folder
Oh, um, I mean on iOS...

Last edited:
Oh, wow, it’s that easy?
Yikes, sorry for the stupid question 🙇‍♂️
This works, but if you lost the back up to a world, that corrupted on a earlier update, the world will sadly still not work, even though there is a new update. This happened to me when a world corrupted, because it didn’t like me joining and leaving quickly. I was doing this, because I was moving all of my items from one world to another and now both of those worlds are corrupted, and it didn’t create a backup for them, so now in this update it says there is no backup.

DrStudios, is there anyway to retrieve worlds, like this?

Last edited:
This works, but if you lost the back up to a world, that corrupter on a earlier update, the world will sadly still not work, even though there is a new update. This happened to me when a world corrupted, because it didn’t like me joining and leaving quickly. I was doing this, because I was moving all of my items from one world to another and now both of those worlds are corrupted, and it didn’t create a backup for them, so now in this update it says there is no backup.

that really sucks :(

This works, but if you lost the back up to a world, that corrupted on a earlier update, the world will sadly still not work, even though there is a new update. This happened to me when a world corrupted, because it didn’t like me joining and leaving quickly. I was doing this, because I was moving all of my items from one world to another and now both of those worlds are corrupted, and it didn’t create a backup for them, so now in this update it says there is no backup.

If the file wasn't previously on the cloud ie from 1.2, then nope I don't think there is any way to recover a corrupted file sorry.

I wanna try & avoid as many spoilers as possible in the next update, so I'm goin' dark for a while. I know the idea is that there won't be too many major additions, but I think the changes to Bone Glove would've been a nice surprise had I not known about it in advance. If there's more, lil' stuff like that scattered about, I wanna find it on my own. 😊🥤

Be safe everyone, stay hydrated & wash your hands~!!

If there's more, lil' stuff like that scattered about, I wanna find it on my own. 😊🥤

just cuz of that one sentence, I am now fond of you :)
For some reason it’s hard to find people who wanna find all the stuff about a game they like by themselves. Nice to see that there’s always gonna be that someone who enjoys a nice hunt ;)

I've only started playing recently but reeeeeally looking forward to this. I have my Zenith ingredients ready :3
Uh-oh, even the copper sword?
I always sell that the first chance I get and use the copper ax till I can get my hands on some ore. So that means I gotta look for copper ore now? :(
Well, off on a wild ride I go, silt here I come!😂

Last edited:
Uh-oh, even the copper sword?
I always sell that the first chance I get and use the copper ax till I can get my hands on some ore. So that means I gotta look for copper ore now? :(
Well, off on a wild ride I go, silt here I come!😂

Or you could just make a new char (since all new chars spawn with it) and put the copper sword in a chest on your main world and retrieve it with your main char.
No need to go spelunking for copper ore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom